It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ghosts be a glimpse into a parallel universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

Thanks! Can you post the link to your websites? I can't wait to hear what you find!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I don't know about ghosts but the past few nights have been sort of strange. I have not been able sleep well due to a recent break up and work related stress and often awake at odd hours at night. For the last couple of nights I have been having recurring nightmares and I recall one these vividly(This dream has occurred more than once).

I remember being able to see my room(the one where I sleep) although my eyes were half-shut.There was some sort of weight bearing down on me and I recall seeing an amorphous figure in the mirror reflection(it almost felt as if some entity tried to enter my body). This sounds typical of REM sleep paralysis hallucinations but I wonder if someone could point out perhaps another explanation. Nothing of this sort has ever happened to me before.

Also another thing, I have a fan in my room and it starts swiveling rapidly whenever I awaken from such sleep paralysis encounters....weird but true.

Although I am normally skeptical of "ghost stories" but this experience has led to me to think differently.Our mind is something of an enigma that we are yet to comprehend fully. Perhaps there are other planes of existence in the same time-space continuum and at times the barriers between different realities are crossed and this leads to experiences we refer to as "ghost sightings" or "paranormal phenomena". Since our senses are not tuned to interpret realities other than what they are meant to define these sightings are usually amorphous.Think of it as a sort of lost frequency coming from a different wavelength altogether .

[Remember science considers the earth to be something like a giant magnet]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Check out this video. If this were true....it would be possible to "catch a glimpse" of other realities from time to time. www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
From what I understand reality is as our senses interpret it. Scientists refer to this as a classical reality and there is certainly more than what meets the eye.

HP Lovecraft elucidates this perfectly"“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far"

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonardo01

Parallel reality no, extra dimensional yes.

Why are 'ghosts' typically associated with negative emotions, they are in reality demons, negative spirits. There is a reason why they elicit a negative emotional response and oftimes fear when encountered. Yes, some folks get a thrill from that fear and seek it out and they would from a carnival ride. Unfortunately the danger behind the fear is real in the case of demonic influences. Be cautious.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yes......and we have only begun to scratch the surface on this subject. If you were to tell someone 100 years in the past about how one day we would have the Internet etc....they wouldn't believe it! So as impossible as it seems now, I think one day we will have the ability to go in and out of these places before death.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

Frankly I really don't know what to make of my experiences. What disturbs me is that this has occurred more than once. Reckon that I should get a new "gf" but I am usually quite comfortable sleeping alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by slane69

Parallel reality no, extra dimensional yes.

Why are 'ghosts' typically associated with negative emotions, they are in reality demons, negative spirits. There is a reason why they elicit a negative emotional response and oftimes fear when encountered. Yes, some folks get a thrill from that fear and seek it out and they would from a carnival ride. Unfortunately the danger behind the fear is real in the case of demonic influences. Be cautious.

I personally do not ghost hunt..... because of the unknown consequences....I just think about it a lot. However, not all experiences are negative. There is a dark side and a light side to everything. You're right though.....those who do this should be cautious just because we really are not sure of it's nature.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01
I don't know about ghosts but the past few nights have been sort of strange. I have not been able sleep well due to a recent break up and work related stress and often awake at odd hours at night. For the last couple of nights I have been having recurring nightmares and I recall one these vividly(This dream has occurred more than once).

I remember being able to see my room(the one where I sleep) although my eyes were half-shut.There was some sort of weight bearing down on me and I recall seeing an amorphous figure in the mirror reflection(it almost felt as if some entity tried to enter my body). This sounds typical of REM sleep paralysis hallucinations but I wonder if someone could point out perhaps another explanation. Nothing of this sort has ever happened to me before.

Also another thing, I have a fan in my room and it starts swiveling rapidly whenever I awaken from such sleep paralysis encounters....weird but true.

Although I am normally skeptical of "ghost stories" but this experience has led to me to think differently.Our mind is something of an enigma that we are yet to comprehend fully. Perhaps there are other planes of existence in the same time-space continuum and at times the barriers between different realities are crossed and this leads to experiences we refer to as "ghost sightings" or "paranormal phenomena". Since our senses are not tuned to interpret realities other than what they are meant to define these sightings are usually amorphous.Think of it as a sort of lost frequency coming from a different wavelength altogether .

[Remember science considers the earth to be something like a giant magnet]

Maybe someone here who knows more than I do on this subject can answer your question. But this is one of the things I was bringing up....maybe dreams and sleep paralysis are connected to this as well. When you dream, it's like you go someplace else for awhile. Maybe sleep paralysis is simply the transition back and forth. I'm not saying all this is true, it's just things I have pondered.....

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Hopefully, someone will address your question who knows something on dreaming, etc. Anyone have thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ignore Post

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever played the game, "Half-Life"?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

I haven't.....but I'm sure someone here has...why do you ask?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, if the phenomena does originate from an alternate dimension/time...whatever, I don't think I would want to travel to that place, considering their largely negative nature. A large collection of EVPs/disembodied voices are reported as communicating such things like "GET OUT!", "HELP ME", screaming/groaning...etc. Most of the EVPs I've listened to, and I've listened to a lot of them online, sound to me like your listening to a bunch of zombies wandering around mindlessly mumbling nonsense and spooky stuff and if they are aware of you at all they seem very thick about it. It's possible that it's true that they aren't from elsewhere at all and are just stuck here in limbo and we just don't have the tech to detect them reliably yet. I didn't mention the ability to detect them with our human/animal senses, because that's a whole 'nother can of worms. I'm not unconvinced we don't create ghostly phenomena ourselves in some way.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think thats what makes paranormal reserch so interesting. No one has all the answears. I have been doing this activly for 7 years, and I feel like I'm in 1st grade sometimes. Just when we think we might understand the way things work, something will happen and change our thinking. We try new things all the time and fail alot, but we try new stuff. I cant stand these shows or people who claim they know everything. Then they stick to the same old routine.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It is common for people under stress to report what looks like haunted activity. Our bodies can put out alot of energy when we are stressed, some say that "ghost" are attracted to this energy. Others say that the energy we build up needs to be released. We have had cases were objects would fly off the counter and doors would slam shut, but this was only after 2 of the clients would fight. We did 3 investigations there and got nothing paranormal. So the fan moving and even the state of sleep you are in maybe stress,anger ,frutration. If it continues or you have questions please feel free to ask.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The more I read and experience the more I am convinced that emotions are one of the keys. There seems to be a power to emotions that bleeds over into other dimensions. Negative experiences like break ups, and the anger, disappointment, and sadness that accompanies can draw these dark entities like flies to excrement and they seem to "feed" of it. I recommend a self examination of your emotional state and going from there, you may have drawn this being to yourself unintentionally.

Think of how humans can also use positive and negative emotions to change the world,... it is hard to argue there isn't power there.

If the being has attached, you may need another to help,... Jesus Christ,... but respecting others who may not believe I will leave that part alone for now unless specifically asked. Suffice to say certain actions on your part would prevent it from 'getting in' as you described it tried to do and also drive it away in frustration.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by slane69

We have done many places were the "ghost" are happy to be were they are. We got one place were we left a recorer on and left the building for 15 min. The EVPs we caught were like the sounds of a party, peole laughing , glasses tinking, music, ect. We have one Hotel we do that was a Speak-easy. That place has some great activity and nothing wants to leave.
I think TV pushes the Trapped Dead thing alot. It sells, hearing a mother looking for her missing baby the dad buried alive, is more moving then a house full of happy ghosts.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I must say that is interesting. What do you make of it, what is your interpretation? Are they making the sounds or do they have glasses and drinks with them. If they are making the sounds you have to wonder for what purpose. When one pretends or reenacts happier times does that not usually equate with the opposite?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I sleep with the lights on now and I think its better in this fashion(This has happened twice and I would not want it to happen again). Your conjecture could well be correct and the human body is perhaps capable of generating something like a weak electromagnetic pulse under "duress". Especially when we're in a state of slumber where the subconscious mind is more functional and our pent up emotions begin to surface....it could be the key to why some people experience strange phenomenon and others do not.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join