It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ghosts be a glimpse into a parallel universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just wanted to share a thought and see what others think of this.....if parallel universes exist.....could seeing a ghost just be a glimpse into one? A being who just crosses into our reality for a brief moment? Or, could seeing a ufo be a glimpse of the future that exists in one? Parallel universes, also known as meta-universes or multiverses, are a group of theoretical twin universes that coexist at the same time as our own. Parallel universes are said to be simple variations of our reality, all running at the same time in different realities. Parallel universes are not uniquely confined to the science fiction realm anymore; philosophy, physics, and even theology have theories about why multiverses exist and how they work. Parallel universes have often been used in fiction and TV programs as an explanation for strange phenomena....

Quantum mechanics, the science that looks for explanations to phenomena that cannot be explained by the regular laws of physics and science, has been studying parallel universes since 1956. American physicist Hugh Everett first formulated the idea of parallel universes to explain the theory that every possible outcome of every choice we have actually does happen. While in this universe you may choose path A, an alternate you will choose path B in a parallel universe.

Where and how parallel universes exist is actually the most heated source of debate. Some say meta-universes exist close to us. So close, in fact, that ghosts may be nothing more than people from alternate universes somehow slipping into our reality. Others postulate that parallel universes are infinitely far, way beyond the farthest galaxies. A third theory is that parallel universes exist in different dimensions, either lower or higher than the four-dimension world we live in.

While the idea of parallel universes may seem incredible, more and more scientists are buying into the idea of a multitude of universes coexisting barely millimeters away. A disturbing new theory currently being researched in several high-profile universities holds that the Big Bang may not have been the actual beginning of the universe. In fact, some scientists are now claiming that the big explosion we see as the origin of our life could actually be the result of two universes colliding, thus generating a new one. This revolutionary theory has been taken seriously by quantum mechanic scientists and is now the source of heated debate across the world.

So.......what are your thoughts? I'm no scientist by any means (LOL).....but it's just something I thought about, and I was curious to see what others think.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Interesting, guess it's just something we will never know

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If a "parallel universe" is one where spirits dwell, then yes. I believe "ghosts" are nothing more than demons or fallen angels working their deception.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would say UFOs are definitely extra-dimensional origin. Seeing as how they move so quickly and can avoid radar. I remember hearing about a guy on Coast 2 Coast, David Sereda. He said that while he was at Berkley University a UFO was in the sky above during a demonstration. The object just appeared out of nowhere. He said basically imagine this parallel universe where the object originated from as a body of water and the object is a fish. Imagine our view from above the surface is our universe as the image of the fish is going to be obscured and hard to see because of the way light passes through water. And then imagine the fish jumping out of the water. Now the fish/object is in our universe and we can see it perfectly. Until it jumps back in the water. Make sense?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
thats a very interesting way of looking at it. Only recently, and for no apparent reason really, i began thinking that when we die, our spirit goes on to a different dimension. So what you are saying follows along the lines of my belief.
we all have to believe in something, hey

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have been involved in alot of cases were the "ghost" is answearing question from the past and present. It seems to be on the same plain of realaity as us. In fact we did a test using Rods and K2 meters to see if a "ghost" chould follow an investigator while she hid a certain object. The investigator could hide set object on the first floor of a hotel, the first floor only. Using the rods the "ghost" led the other investigator to the cabinet were the object was. The second test, the investigator hid the object and went to join the rest of the team. Person using the rods and the ghost were off. As they left the dinning area , the rods made a u turn, and went right to were the investigator was sitting. It pointed the rodds at her and then crossed which mean there here. She had placed the object in her pocket. I say some are on the same dimension as us.

I also belive there are inter-dimensionial beings such as Elementials. We have had some experinces to which we cannot explain. One recent case was in a Day care were the client saw a creature about 2 ft tall looking all hairy like cousin IT. She had the kid in her Day-care draw a picture of this "monster" that they have seen. All 4 of the pictures were drawn at separate times so the kids didnt copy. There are a lot of simularities in these pictures. During our investigation we caught this thing on camera. It stands about 2 to 2.5 ft it dark , has glowing eyes (probally from the IR lights) and has big ears or horns. It shows its self twice. Now I belive this creature is interdimentionial.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm thinking they're more like a glimpse into a different time perspective. Time, after all, is an illusion. The only thing separating the past, present and future is your perception of it. So ghosts are kind of like a bit of a radio signal you pick up from far away. It fades in for a second, and can be really clear, then it fades out again.

I'd like to see some living people go to where the Ghost Hunters or whoever have been doing an investigation, and see if they can "project" themselves back in time to show up for the team. That would be an interesting experiment.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Youamstupid

I hope that someday we will know....theer are so many things that are just beyond our comphrehension.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I'm thinking they're more like a glimpse into a different time perspective. Time, after all, is an illusion. The only thing separating the past, present and future is your perception of it. So ghosts are kind of like a bit of a radio signal you pick up from far away. It fades in for a second, and can be really clear, then it fades out again.

I'd like to see some living people go to where the Ghost Hunters or whoever have been doing an investigation, and see if they can "project" themselves back in time to show up for the team. That would be an interesting experiment.

That's exactly what I meant.....like when you see something out of the corner of your eye. Maybe this is what remote viewers are doing....just sort of popping in and out.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
I would say UFOs are definitely extra-dimensional origin. Seeing as how they move so quickly and can avoid radar. I remember hearing about a guy on Coast 2 Coast, David Sereda. He said that while he was at Berkley University a UFO was in the sky above during a demonstration. The object just appeared out of nowhere. He said basically imagine this parallel universe where the object originated from as a body of water and the object is a fish. Imagine our view from above the surface is our universe as the image of the fish is going to be obscured and hard to see because of the way light passes through water. And then imagine the fish jumping out of the water. Now the fish/object is in our universe and we can see it perfectly. Until it jumps back in the water. Make sense?

Yes! Interesting way to look at it.....I think Deja Vu (sp?) ties in with this too....you feel as if you have been somewhere before....know this person from somewhere, etc.....maybe you really have you know?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asaslight
[more

We sure do....without that, what else is there....I want to believe! LOL!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We are trying an experiment , with donig an EVP session while remote veiwing. We have some equipment that changes the thea waves in the brain, and are trying some new stuff with this.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think this post by lowki explains it best:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

disembodied spirits or ghosts have many reasons why they might be entangled with the earthly physical plain.
typically due to strong emotions or sensations during life, which can impact the etheric field of an area. So the etheric field might recreate the experience, without necessarily the originator soul taking part.

Then there are ghosts of people who couldn't get into the spirit world for not being compatible, typically through excessive aggression or unacceptance of peers.

There are multiversal spirits which inhabit various thought tangents,
sometimes called demons, they live in a limited range of thoughts,
their purpose is to provide you with (new) information related to what you're already thinking.

Then there are spirits that are obssessed with physical life (some british soldier continued fighting parallel-dimension zulus over 200 years after death)
or unaware they have died (sudden traumatic death), or think they are confined to an area (prisons, mental institutions).

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

Wow....I hope you will let me know what happens with that. I just mentioned remote viewing a second ago! I think that what they are doing is like a form of time travel. Basically popping in and out. Where in the delta do you investigate? I'm in New Orleans. A LOT of spooky stuff here, both paranormal and non-paranormal LOL!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
I think this post by lowki explains it best:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

disembodied spirits or ghosts have many reasons why they might be entangled with the earthly physical plain.
typically due to strong emotions or sensations during life, which can impact the etheric field of an area. So the etheric field might recreate the experience, without necessarily the originator soul taking part.

Then there are ghosts of people who couldn't get into the spirit world for not being compatible, typically through excessive aggression or unacceptance of peers.

There are multiversal spirits which inhabit various thought tangents,
sometimes called demons, they live in a limited range of thoughts,
their purpose is to provide you with (new) information related to what you're already thinking.

Then there are spirits that are obssessed with physical life (some british soldier continued fighting parallel-dimension zulus over 200 years after death)
or unaware they have died (sudden traumatic death), or think they are confined to an area (prisons, mental institutions).

I find this subject fascinating and there are so many here who know a lot more than I do on the subject. That's why I posted here! I saw a show where Stephen Hawking was talking about parallel universes, and how we may have other versions of ourselves out there, just in different times etc, and it made me think.....maybe this is what we call ghosts....seeing a quick glimpse of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't like the different time period/parellel theory because, although they may often look the part, when 'ghosts' or 'spirits' communicate audibly (by EVP, disembodied voice,banging..etc) they almost always seem dumb and half-witted in their communication, like crazy people walking around mumbling nonsense and beating on the walls when you try to talk to them. Very much like the classic 'ghost' that haunts the old house and scares the local kids away. They seem to hide, play games, and don't like to be bothered by the living. Why?

I believe in the phenomena of 'ghosts', however I am sceptical whenever people claim to have answers. In my mind, we are only at the beginning of discovering what the phenomena really is, and most of the accepted theories ('spirits' of dead people...etc) should be taken with a grain of salt until we can get a better understanding.

Frankly, ' spirits' and their behavior rarely make sense.. some examples: a full bodied apparition commonly walks thru walls/doors, but not thru ceilings/floors/tables/chairs..etc? What keeps them on the floor when aren't walking/floating thru something? Full bodied apparitions are rarely nakid. We hear of dog/cat spirits, occasionally some other animal, but why no ghosts of bears? Deer? Insects? Rabbits? Shouldn't the ghosts of animals be all around our highways and freeways?
Old -abandoned- buildings seem to be common places for hauntings, but rarely modern hospitals where patients die horrible, traumatic deaths nearly daily? etc etc...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Balkan]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I will keep you posted as to our findings. We are also using some sensory depervation stuff that our tech guy is setting up. To make better contact and even go through different dimensions. We try to think outside the box.

We are on the California Delta, and we have a large number of paranormal sites as well. The only difference is ours are untapped, and we dont have great Jazz.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I have had the oppertunity to do 2 Hospitals during remodeling, namely the ER room. They are very active. Some peole see them and some dont. Nurses dont like to talk about it, and doctor, well I really dont know. As for ghosts being naked, well therory is that they didnt die naked. They show up in the condition they were in when they died. We just had a case were the client would see a burnt man. Sure enough, he had died in a air field fire during WWII. We told the client this, and he husband found an old map of the air field, he then put his house on google map, and put that map on the air field map, and his house was with in 25 yrds of the south Fuel depot

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
double post deleted

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
I don't like the different time period/parallel theory because, although they may often look the part, when 'ghosts' or 'spirits' communicate audibly (by EVP, disembodied voice,banging..etc) they almost always seem dumb and half-witted in their communication, like crazy people walking around mumbling nonsense and beating on the walls when you try to talk to them. Very much like the classic 'ghost' that haunts the old house and scares the local kids away. They seem to hide, play games, and don't like to be bothered by the living. Why?

I believe in the phenomena of 'ghosts', however I am sceptical whenever people claim to have answers. In my mind, we are only at the beginning of discovering what the phenomena really is, and most of the accepted theories ('spirits' of dead people...etc) should be taken with a grain of salt until we can get a better understanding.

Frankly, ' spirits' and their behavior rarely make sense.. some examples: a full bodied apparition commonly walks thru walls/doors, but not thru ceilings/floors/tables/chairs..etc? What keeps them on the floor when aren't walking/floating thru something? Full bodied apparitions are rarely nakid. We hear of dog/cat spirits, occasionally some other animal, but why no ghosts of bears? Deer? Insects? Rabbits? Shouldn't the ghosts of animals be all around our highways and freeways?
Old -abandoned- buildings seem to be common places for hauntings, but rarely modern hospitals where patients die horrible, traumatic deaths nearly daily? etc etc...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Balkan]
I am also skeptical of those who claim to have all the answers, because no one has all the answers to anything (which is why most of us come to ATS LOL)........there have been ghost sightings in new buildings though. As for the evps etc.....maybe something affects the ability to communicate....just like the early days of cell phones, when you got out of range or calling from a car, it would come out garbled and broken......who knows? I think all this is tied in to other dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever......even dreams and near death experiences.....eg. "the light" people see when dying. I think that is just the transition to that dimension or universe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join