It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the Life and beauty pre-BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is in honor of the Gulf coast Aquatic life which has been murdered and displaced due to the irresponsible acts of the most greedy of all evildoers, BP...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There are thank all goodness many more such videos that show how our Gulf Coast was just teaming with life and beauty before BP, please feel free to add more to this thread, seems that will be all we have to remind us of the miracle of it's past.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Pre-BP? That is really avoiding the true criminal here.

More like Pre-Human.

Everyone wants to blame BP and I know why. Because they are afraid of blaming the true culprit. Themselves.

Every person here uses oil based products every day.

No one is willing to stop using these products.

Everyone demands cheaper fuels and throws a riot when they have to pay even small amounts more.

So BP was only doing what everyone wanted it to do. Take risks and try to get oil cheaper.

Now that everything went wrong, it's suddenly all their faults.

What about all of us humans who keep demanding cheap oil ??

Why are we so free of guilt? We would have done it differently? I seriously doubt it.

As far as I am concerned, all of these petro-disasters from Africa to South America to the Gulf, as all of our faults collectively. We allowed it happen, no we DEMANDED for it to happen.

All so we could live our cozy little lives surrounded by throw away products that no one even cared that much about in the first place.

I just want people to accept their own guilt in this. Only then can we realize the fault is truly with ourselves. And then we can change. We can maybe stop buying all of these oil based products.

Who am I kidding? We are screwed.

But stop blaming BP, when in reality BP works for US the people.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
not to distract from all the anti-BP rage, but the Gulf has had massive dead zones in it for years now, from urban and agricultural runoff.

The beaches in Florida have been covered in McMansions and luxury resorts and golf courses.

People engage in leasure activities like jet skis in the water, dumping untold amounts of gasoline, oil, etc into the water.

Yes, BP has #ed up the Gulf. But it was nothing even closely resembling pristine prior to this.

If you make someone else the bad guy, you never notice your own part in the larger problem.

Oh, and BP wouldnt be trying to get the crude if we didnt buy the products its made into (like these computers)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
True to you both, however being one of the last of the Studebaker family line that developed an American dream long ago, I have to say that we had the choice to go with electric or gas, tptb decided that gas would be the way to go as they would get a larger return for the life of the vehicle.

We just wanted to create a faster way to travel and good paying jobs for our employees. Electric was the way to go but in the end it was ruled out as were we.

In another dimension, that was the route we chose to take and life is far more advanced with much less pollution and lower astral mentality controlling the masses of starving and deprived individuals.

This thread is not about anything but the videos and pictures left to remind the next generation of the beauty below the sea.

I was born in Huntington Beach california, I was 3rd generation beach girl and to me I always believed I was born with salt in my veins. I have such a deep respect for our oceans and the life that lives above and below it, always have.

This whole BP thing has hit me so hard, when I saw pictures of the fish and fowl affected by this disaster, a part of my soul died with them. I know that pollution and manmade problems and greed have caused the challenges mentioned above, but they were challenges, this is nothing short of extinction, dead zones and the worst calamity I have felt in my life.

There is a deep feeling that if they can do this to the innocent creatures of the most giving ecosystems, then we are probably next, Mother nature will see to that if they dont get us first.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Warning explict language (18 and older)

Just sad as I watch the rain fall and think about how the suffering continues.

top topics

join