It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiker freaks out over double rainbow. This is good..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is not rare at all. I've seen many of these in South Africa. The guy on the video sounds like he just discovered Atlantis - had he any knowledge of how light and prisms work, he'd know better

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I like this one way better:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
lol crazy rainbow dude!

I saw a double rainbow the other day and one of the tips appeared to be going into a church spire, I'd hate to think what crazy rainbow man would make of that

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Haha I think he's quite obviously having his mind totally blown by the double rainbow while on mushrooms or something similar. Maybe acid.

Seeing something like that on shrooms would be pretty awesome, depending on your dose probably mind blowing

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
This is not rare at all. I've seen many of these in South Africa. The guy on the video sounds like he just discovered Atlantis - had he any knowledge of how light and prisms work, he'd know better

Theres always a first time I guess. Seen plenty of these myself. Then again I cant call the guy too overly overacting since the night I saw my first Iridium Flare it was a huge one and I raced inside thinking id just had a UFO beam pointed at me

Hopefully the hiker did some research when he got home, or he'll be a little embarrassed when he finds out its not as rare as he might think.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Damn this is hilarious.
I like the song too.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i saw this vid a couple weeks back.
First thought was that he was high haha
Love the part where hes like 'what does it mean?' and starts crying

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I must say he sounds like he is in total heaven.
The only time I have heard a man say Oh my God and cry is.... Nevermind. That is something totally different. I think

He needs a smoke after that one though.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I will have whatever he is having.

Maybe he was almost killed by a bear the night before and is just happy to be alive.

I saw a quadruple rainbow once, would this guy have literally died from exhileration?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

It is even funnier watchign it with Spock making faces on the side.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Typical responses here. Jokes about orgasms and drugs and those who are used to double rainbows and fail to see the significance in it.

Our planet is beautiful, and the sky in itself is a miraculous canvas. It should be enough in itself to bring any human being to tears. We find ourselves crying over absolutely stupid things like doomed relationships and insipid movies but feel like another man's emotional response to the beauty of earth is humorous. We should be in perpetual awe of our surroundings when it looks like this, whether it is uploaded to youtube or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
edit: I posted a different video but maybe it doesn't belong on this thread so I removed it.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by junipear

I wouldn't go that far... I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of his awe and excitement. I'm sure most of us won't admit it, but I was slightly jealous he could be that moved by something as simple and elemental as a rainbow.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Brentnauer]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have to say I did share some sentiment with the guy (wether tripping out on something or not.) I've been there after a few cans on the field gazing up at the stars, and suddenly being overcome (either by emotion or just the alcohol) and everything else just doesn't matter for those few hours.

We talk about finding enlightenment, well for this guy that Double Rainbow might be a change in his life. I know my Journey started in 2006 when I went to see the Solar Eclipse in Turkey.

I wish him well.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is what happens when man eat shurums.

Really. I'm supper serial.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
They Interviewed the guy on CBS. Here is the vid.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMadHatter

LMAO

I just about fell off my chair laughing. The best part starts at 2.29.

I saw one of these myself recently, a pretty awesome sight lol. I only wish I had a video camera because there was thunder and everything.

-MH

[edit on 7/22/10 by TheMadHatter]

LOL

Is this guy high or something?

For real?

I can't stop laughing.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I drove through the end of a rainbow once, it was awesome!
I love rainbows

Really? I thought that was impossible, as it is only visible opposite the sun and its location is dependent on your point of view. As you move, the rainbow moves. You shouldn't be able to ever reach the end of a rainbow.

www.photocentric.net...

Had to laugh, this is from Wikipedia's rainbow entry, looking for a quote for this lady:

According to the laws of physics, if you see a "Double Rainbow", and if it goes "All the Way" then you may start to cry and wonder what a double rainow really means.

The Irish leprechaun's secret hiding place for his pot of gold is usually said to be at the end of the rainbow. This place is impossible to reach, because the rainbow is an optical effect which depends on the location of the viewer. When walking towards the end of a rainbow, it will appear to "move" further away (two people who simultaneously observe a rainbow at different locations will disagree about where a rainbow is).

Source

Someone may want to rewrite that. lol
We drove right through the end of a rainbow too. On a two lane highway in Mississippi. It was awsome. The kids were freaking out. Sadly no gold just black top.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMadHatter

That is really good...I laughed. The narrative is good. Why did it stop...is there a longer version?

I've seen sky things that make you want to reach for a camera and no matter how spectacular the scene appears to be, they always look tame and mundane on film. I can only imagine how this looked in person...I mean this is acid quality living here. I'm surprised the guy didn't break down completely...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asaslight
i saw this vid a couple weeks back.
First thought was that he was high haha
Love the part where hes like 'what does it mean?' and starts crying

effit this guy needs to be famous or however they do it. Even your description, after seeing the vid only once with distractions on all around, is cracking me up

'...what does it mean???'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join