It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread embellishment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I think the S&F system is really good however sometimes I read a thread and I can’t understand why it has so many and then why others have so few. For example I think the most flagged thread this week was a series of beautiful pictures of a bunch of wild animals, nothing what so ever to do with conspiracies. I put a thread up that I wrote last year and I had spent a good month or two researching it, I got 3 flags. Sorry to sound bitter but I am, the S&F system is good but we also need a way to recognise threads that are underrated, I am not saying my thread is one of them it’s just the example that comes to mind.

I can honestly say that most of the stuff I write, i know is not going to be very unpopular so I am not that wrapped up in S&F. Honestly am more wrapped up with getting a debate on the go, any S&F is just a bonus. I am one of these people who writes a thread a day, but that’s just because I have allot of free time.

I saw a thread a while back that said something along the lines of “S&F this thread if you support a popular political party” and the mods got rid of it pretty quick. All too often we see people write some fantastic story about their conspiracy that we would all love to believe but it’s just made up yet it still gets loads of S&F. On the other hand we have some that are very deserving might even just be a insightful outlook on life a philosophical idea and every now and then we get a really good conspiracy.

Rant over.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I want to get to the bronze status.I can get that when
I reach 2000 posts.I want my posts to mean something.
I don't want to write a bunch of one liners to get the count
that I need.
Too many members focus on getting stars...I feel some
members pad their threads in order to get attention and
stars and flags.The credibilty of some members seems to
be more questionable now.

I ignore the status symbols. I think i am bronze. I dunno. I don't really ever look at my profile.

I guess what i want, if i look at that, is to have a good star to post ratio. That indicates that when i post, my posts mean something. I would also say that the amount of applauses would indicate more valuable posts.

What you are seeing is the forum gangs, i think. They go around starring each other. That is why i really don't pay attention to any of that.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Furry Dude, any time you want to start a blog is cool with me.
I too, miss the Conspiracy Master John Lear, and feel that quality has dropped quite a lot since his departure, i was under a different name back then which will remain secret.
I also visit The Pegasus site and read your stuff as well as JKrogs, so i would hope you give the blog some serious consideration.
I guess i am one of the older people who were always into UFO's and advanced Airframe prototypes so that is where my curiosity takes me.
ATS seems to have become more political, philosophical yadda yadda, which kinda bores me rigid and of course getting back to the thread it is now invaded by the S&F brigade who i feel are running down the quality of ATS to the point where it will become a watered down pale reflection of what it was.
So, gonna do that blog or what?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Furry Dude, any time you want to start a blog is cool with me.
I too, miss the Conspiracy Master John Lear, and feel that quality has dropped quite a lot since his departure, i was under a different name back then which will remain secret.
I also visit The Pegasus site and read your stuff as well as JKrogs, so i would hope you give the blog some serious consideration.
I guess i am one of the older people who were always into UFO's and advanced Airframe prototypes so that is where my curiosity takes me.
ATS seems to have become more political, philosophical yadda yadda, which kinda bores me rigid and of course getting back to the thread it is now invaded by the S&F brigade who i feel are running down the quality of ATS to the point where it will become a watered down pale reflection of what it was.
So, gonna do that blog or what?

Probably. But most of it will pertain to the philosophy. As well as my interest in nanotech, energy tech, how they interact, etc.

Some on politics, but mostly in how it relates to our erring from the path of our founding. Critique's on our societies inability to act appropriately and our fascination with the suffering of others. Things like that.

but i appreciate the confidence.
I just want to have an outlet for what is haunting my mind. Later, when i have time, i have a dream that scared the crap out of me. i want to share it with folks here.

But a blog is the kind of place for that. Something personal. An outlet of what it is to be me: a father, a husband, a boss, an intellectual, a seeker, a believer, etc, etc, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join