It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The University of ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Rule of thumb for ATS:

There will only ever be 2 or 3 posts in any given thread worth reading if valuable information is what you're after. If it's entertainment, well, that's what the mass of would-be-ignorance-deniers are good for.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

In my view, threads are 95% junk. But there are a lot of threads, so there's still a sizable amount of quality content. But no doubt, you learn about people, issues and ideas, certainly skills in debating, plain arguing, persuasion and how to mildly insult without getting in trouble. Which is essentially real life ... so I can see the "university" aspect.

Hadrian with some strong points.

Prophet 1233

There will only ever be 2 or 3 posts in any given thread worth reading if valuable information is what you're after. If it's entertainment, well, that's what the mass of would-be-ignorance-deniers are good for.

I think you are being a bit conservative to say only 2or3. Only ever?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by StarrGazer25

You were a member since 2000/2001 ??? yeah right.

...yeah...right...

...I've been a Member of ATS since 2000 myself, and was a reader prior to that...

Try looking at the member list, which starts circa 2002.

Try considering that possibly the 2002 is merely the latest 'reincarnation' of AboveTopSecret...its been through a few prior to 2002...

So in essence you are claiming to have been here before everybody, awesome.
Whats next ? oh i know , you invented ATS and the internet.

...ahh no...they're just saying they've been a Member since 2000/2001...a few of us have been...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by alien]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I've been to college, and I've been to ATS, honestly I've learned quite a bit more from ATS through the years. What you ultimately end up taking from this site is not the responsibility of the posters here, it's up to you to apply your own filtration system, or hell for that matter, if you feel the site isn't up to par, then we all await your earth shattering contributions with bated breath. They don't call it user generated content for nothing you know.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I've been to college, and I've been to ATS, honestly I've learned quite a bit more from ATS through the years. What you ultimately end up taking from this site is not the responsibility of the posters here, it's up to you to apply your own filtration system, or hell for that matter, if you feel the site isn't up to par, then we all await your earth shattering contributions with bated breath. They don't call it user generated content for nothing you know

I would call that an approval all day long twitchy. I have this really awesome filtration system. If it's something I might be intersted in
or it sounds like info I might need. I click it. Read the OP, I know right from there if I want to proceed or not. So it's never to tuff for me.

If I'm still there, after the first three sentences, I'll at least make a post
most of the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join