It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seeks to outlaw boycotting of Israeli goods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My attention was drawn to This Article which highlights recent laws being passed by Israel which makes it illegal to boycott goods from Israel, to declare a boycott, or even to help anyone forming a boycott.

Israel intends to make the law international by banning anyone it thinks falls foul of the law from entering Israel for 10 years.

Also the law will be be retrospective for 1 year meaning anyone who has crossed the line during the past year will be punished.

It shows how desperate the Zionists are becomming when they cannot take any criticism at all.

As the lady in the video says, it's complete hypocrocy since Israel is constantly seeking sanctions against other countries for all manner of reasons and yet it won't tolerate any actions against itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow. It just goes to show how victims often become like those who victimized them. It works on both the micro and macro scales.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Israel intends to make the law international by banning anyone it thinks falls foul of the law from entering Israel for 10 years.

Hahahahaha.....hahaha.....ha.....hahahahahahahahaha!

Are they serious? It's highly likely that anyone taking steps to boycott Israeli goods is going to want to add to their economy by traveling there anyway.

It shows the mindset of these idiots though. The scary part is, I can easily see our own governments taking action against it's own people who initiate boycotts or divestment of funds. In fact, didn't the last US administration actually do that?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Does that include people of Muslim faith not buying dreidels

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hello there BigYin Billy is the man.

Does anyone have a list of readily available Israeli products? I literally can't think of anything I would come across in my everyday life.

I did recently avoid Israeli made military goods for my SHTF kit, because they were a rip off, and I haven't done Krav Maga for several years for the same reason (once you have the basics you can do your own drills anyway
)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I understand that anything with a barcode starting 729 is from Israel.

Also more info here

You realise I will have to cancel my trip to Tel Aviv now that I've told you this

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

anyone else think those people who boycott the aparthide state is going to
start crying that they wont be allowed to take their vaction in the bacon of hope of Israel and its most hospital populace and goverment?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

The bacon of hope?

Sorry, I know this isn't contributing, but here's a second line!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by illusive man

The bacon of hope?

Sorry, I know this isn't contributing, but here's a second line!

not really coshar or halal is it lol
oh well

second line

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Completely unrelated to anything anti-israel or anything, but while it may be a little extreme, I can understand wanting to outlaw the boycotting of israeli goods INSIDE Israel. I mean, after all, a country has to look after its own economy.

The "international citizens" (and the penalising of the Palestinians) bit may be a bit unfair, though, especially if they want to return, but aren't actively calling for boycott while in Israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"I hate israeli products so much!"
"OH YEAH? WELL YOU CAN'T COME TO ISRAEL!"
"DAMN YOU!!"

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, an Israeli peace group got the Israeli government to admit the blockade of Gaza was economic warfare and not security related...
so I mean come on....
They better not complain about bad press on this one.

And I guess they are refering to christian church organizations in the US that have announced boycots of Israeli goods.
No trips to Jeruselem for you....
All your holy lands are belong to us.

Say, didn't Jebuss, lay the frown down on the economic block in the temple?
As in boycot the money changers?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LMFAO.. nearly choked on my tea laughing when read that.. Hope more countries boycott isreal.. Whats isreal going to do ? Invade them or send mossad to assasinate them .. or get isreals puppet america to invade them ?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Expat888]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

And I guess they are refering to christian church organizations in the US that have announced boycots of Israeli goods.
No trips to Jeruselem for you....
All your holy lands are belong to us.

Interesting idea. Anyone boycottng (not supporting) Israel's biggest export 'Judaism' could be barred from the region. It's one way to keep the goyim out.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Strong language today from new UK PM Cameron. Granted, he made the remarks in Turkey but there is hope for a more balanced UK and maybe EU position.

Today Mr Cameron said: ''The situation in Gaza has to change. Humanitarian goods and people must flow in both directions.

''Gaza cannot and must not be allowed to remain a prison camp.''

UK Telegraph

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

It's more than likely that some fruit and vegetables in your local supermarket comes from Israel.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

That's sort of correct.

The 729 prefix identifies the country that issued the bar-code, NOT the country the product was produced in. From my reading there is no identifier in the bar-code related to country of origin.

More Info on barcodes here

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

As in boycot the money changers?

LOL! Boycott? He took whips to them my friend

This is funny though, as a previous poster said, Isreal is ALWAYS demanding sanctions on others. Why? BECAUSE THEY WORK.

I'm in South Africa, trust me they do work. And yeah, who wants isreali stuff anyway? It's always more expensive. And Isreal behaves so badly towards everyone else ... most notably Gaza, for whom "Sanctions" has come to include anything save military hardware which must be used before (or as) delivery.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As I remember reading somewhere The Jews boycotted German goods prior to WW2 > S&F

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

And, not just that. There is a serious movement for disvestment in Israeli owned compaies. Folks are selling their stock.

new topics

top topics

join