It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do i search right ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i have a question: before i post a new thread, i check with the search-function if this topic has already been posted. so i type in the key words and look through the results.
is it possible to order the search results by date ? because if something comes up in the news and i want to post it, i could check the last couple of days, instead of searching through all the results, which are not orderd by date.
it could be that i miss an already existing thread, because its located for example on the 13th page of the search-results. takes a lot of time.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by icepack]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I know what you mean.

You'll probably be forwarded onto this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...which is ATS's equivalent of the "To Do" pile.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Are you using the basic Google custom search box at the top right corner of the page or are you using this link....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can get more detailed with your search parameters with that search function and the results are usually ordered by date, newest result on top.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Well, it's good to see someone using the search function

I agree that the search function itself could do with a lot of improvement which is why I think some people don't even bother with it any more. It's all a bit too random and unspecified and can be really quite off-putting.

Definitely something that needs to be looked into.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

yes that is what i use, the link. but the search-results called "google search results for abovesecret.com" are not ordered by date. can i order them by date anyhow ?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

If you search by thread title, it gives you the results chronologically, newest on top.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d4e19dd5fa0.jpg[/atsimg]

The other search tab, search ATS, is the same as the little box that is up in the right hand corner. That one doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason as to how it returns the results.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

thats it. thanks a lot.

top topics

join