It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy with 24 fingers and toes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I found this link on the C2C website. I find it interesting because the Nephilim were purported to have 6 fingers on each hand. In fact I remember reading somewhere that the reason Native Americans raised their hands and said "How" is because they would count the strangers fingers. Apparently they had trouble with 6 fingered beings.

Now, frankly I don't know if they actually said "How", but that is what they did in all the old cowboy and indian movies.

Link: 24 fingers and toes

It is not unusual for children to be born with additional digits, but it is rare for the extra digits to look and function normally.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thats crazy! never seen something like that before. Id personally have them removed, but I'm vain like that....Don't know about the nephilim comparison, he doesn't look that menacing to me, just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thats actually really cool... If he ever looses a finger he has a back up.. Also typing would be so much faster. shoes that fit would be hard to find if your a woman though and had 6 toes...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

The boy needs to put that functioning 6th digit to use and pick up pitching. He can be just like Antonio Alfonseca, a pretty well known MLB pitcher who had a normally functioning 6th finger.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Industrial areas in China and India have problems with pollution. This is why kids are born with birth defects like extra fingers and limbs.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He has got a big problem. When the inevitable happens and he gets pissed off at some idiot driver, what finger does he flip at them?

I feel bad for him. But as was already said, typing will be a breeze.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Interesting!
My adopted kitty-daughter has 24 digits as well...she's good at grabbing everything!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's called polydactylism, if I recall correctly.

There is a small community I once read about where it is a common characteristic, I vaguely recall an Iberian connection of some sort.

It's always fascinated me; I've often challenged students who were into music composition to write a piano or guitar piece for a six-fingered hand. No one ever rose to it, though. A sax piece might be interesting too.

Anyone here up for the challenge? The piece could use MIDI to play it for want of a six-fingered musician.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Stupid thoughts:

- The Itsy-Bitsy-Spider song just got a whole lot more realistic.

- The "shocker" (see urban dictionary) is a whole lot more fun.

- I agree flipping the bird would be an issue.

- more fingers to pick his nose with

- guitar playing: one finger per string - AWESOME!

- piano, yo-yo, chopsticks, camera, and calulator/computer skills will all be improved.

anyway... if he had two johnsons it would be cool for him. Those Asian one need to be doubled up.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The article mentions a freaky pig. Maybe there's something in the food chain.

Maybe this is an evolutionary advancement? As a few posts have pointed out, an extra finger has advantages. Perhaps, in few hundred/thousand/million years, we'll all have extra fingers to open our soylent green packets, or something.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
the way those extra fingers curve out, almost looks like a second thumb. Talk about opposable thumbs!

top topics

join