It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 3 years of just reading...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have decided to finally sign up here. I'd say the biggest reason for not signing up sooner is because this site is a little bit intimidating with all the people out there playing devil's advocate (and not to mention the kinda slighty schizophrenic posts) however I do believe I can contribute a decent amount to this site

I also try to be very objective and straightforward and don't want to hurt anyones feelings or be detrimental in any way (im sure sometimes it happens though it's admittidley entertaining lol) and i look forward to enjoying this site from a no longer outsiders perspective.

I'm a 21 year old college student in Texas and now I get to be a contributing member! I'm knowledgable in religion and spirituality (i know a lot about the bible, and the occult as well as meditation etc.) I keep track of the news every day and have been an active conspiracy theory follower for 5 years now, i DO take everything with a grain of salt though. Thanks for havin me on yalls site!
Best Wishes

matrixportal

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS matrixportal!!!

That's a great first thread and I'm sure you'll fit in here no problem at all and seriously, there's no reason to be intimidated at all!

Most people here are really really REALLY friendly and are more than happy to help you out with anything you’re not sure about.

Speaking of which, if you do in fact need help with anything then just ask or if you wish then just check out one of these threads.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Adopt a New Member!

The ATS Issues Thread

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Cya around.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Welcome matrixportal!

Look forward to your input! Yes there is plenty of humble pie served here but more often than not people are respectful and willing to help.
Cya on the boards...

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Don't be intimidated, just a bunch of people here behind their computers or phones speaking their opinions. Just beware of the trolls!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just joined recently too from what I have found is avoid the specific topic with the shift in the time line.. I think its a bunch or schizophrenics congregating. So far people seem to be nice.

Xiamara

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
welcome. you're as important as everyone else. keep in mind, wear your thickest skin. pleasure to "meet" you.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thank you for making me feel so welcome everyone! i love it here! long live ATS!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Welcome new member!!!!!

I highly suggest you study nonduality, advaita vedanta, socratic method, and the gnostics ....seeing the your user name is matrix portal

urbangurucafe.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Welcome to ATS, like most of us you took a long time to become a member, I am not sure if exactly the cause of that but imtimidation would definately come to mind

Looking forward to your posts and input in all arenas.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Having only just signed up myself I have to say that I have found the ATS forum to be much less judgmental and "odd" then I thought it would be from my many years of just reading the occasional thread, and to be honest have been given a much warmer welcome here then on almost any other forum that I have ever posted on.

Hope you find it as positive as I have.

Welcome

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hi MP !!

Recall crossing with ya in a thread already, and you brought very rational and clear positions to the topic. Seems like you'll do well here!

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. I too recently joined a couple months back after being a lurker for several months prior. I have found the board to be friendly for the most part.

Like yourself I have been following the conspiracy theories for several years but take most of what I see and hear with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

hey! yes i remember! the psychopath thread lol. i think its still going...i added it to my favs though it was definitely interesting but i wasnt sure if i was going to make it out alive. it was quite brutal...and entertaining. lol.

Dominicus-thanks for the ideas ill have to check it out, cant wait!

Space Cadet- Ive seen you on a few threads, and i always enjoy reading what you have to say!

utahjay and davespanners- yes its a very cool site and a lot nicer than i originally anticipated. rock on!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Very good reasoning. I think that you made a great decision to actively post now. I am a new member also and look forward to reading and interacting with people within the community.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Memphis

awesome
cant wait to read ur posts! every single person on here is so different and unique. i feel like the true side of people is shown on this site in mannnyyy ways. its fascinating

top topics

join