It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BHA condemns "appalling decision" to give education award to creationist zoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

BHA condemns "appalling decision" to give education award to creationist zoo

www.humanism.org.uk

The BHA has strongly condemned the decision of the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom to award the creationist Noah’s Ark Zoo in Wraxall, near Bristol, a 'Quality Badge' in recognition of its educational programme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yet again, we see Christians taking unfair advantage of a system easily swayed by lies and deceit spun as 'education'.

Typically, it would be creationists, some of the barmiest of the bunch.

Why do we let these 'untruth spinners' near our children? It's like letting a criminal educate your children, because the criminal is good at teaching criminal behaviour.

Something really needs to be done to stop these nutters.

Parallex.

www.humanism.org.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Would you consider a Seed Vault to be the equivelant of a Noahs Arc?

Maybe the idea isn't that far fetched after all. I think that calling it a creationist zoo is a bad idea though.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Definitely - calling it a creatoinist zoo is quite funny however - Imagine a zoo with creationists in the cages....

"Look at the funny creationists in the zoo mummy!"

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Thanks for posting this. I'm so tired of these creationist nutcases who will outright lie push their agenda. Creationists have been given too many considerations for too long. It's time to reign them in.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What is interesting is that science still does not know how the origin of the universe occurred. There are many theories about it, but there is no solid proof about what happened prior to the "Big Bang". Noah's Ark Zoo teaches just that. There is not some great conspiracy about replacing science with strict creationist dogma. This is why they were awarded such a designation by the Council. Noah's Ark Zoo's website presents the argument that evolution is real but that intelligent design is behind it. Again, science has yet to prove or disprove this position. Now I will agree that their position on carbon dating is questionable. However, stifling their inquiry is antithesis to a truly scientific mind. If positions weren't questioned or constantly tested, the Earth would still be round, smoking would be good for you, and AIDS would only be spread among gay men.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Let's take a look at a few items, shall we?:

1) The ten commandments

2) The sermon on the mount

3) The golden rule

Hmmm...do you see anything about creationism in there? I don't. Nope nope nope nope nope.

I suggest before tackling the question of origins, earnest Christians work on mastering the above three doctrines. Otherwise, well, they can't really be said to be truly practicing what they preach, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
Noah's Ark Zoo's website presents the argument that evolution is real but that intelligent design is behind it. Again, science has yet to prove or disprove this position.

Science doesn't 'prove' anything. It disproves. ID can't be disproven because its claims are unfalsifiable, thus unscientific. If ID were to put forward a prediction that could be tested, then we'd have something to work with. Until then, however...

Now I will agree that their position on carbon dating is questionable. However, stifling their inquiry is antithesis to a truly scientific mind. If positions weren't questioned or constantly tested, the Earth would still be round, smoking would be good for you, and AIDS would only be spread among gay men.

Great gravy man! Religious dogma has been the primary obstacle for new ideas since the Pre-Socratics. Now that science is the one saying "no, that's dumb" people cry foul? What gives?

I challenge you to investigate the origins of the Intelligent Design movement, specifically Bruce Chapman and the Discovery Institute, more specifically their "Wedge strategy." Also for some light reading regarding their stance on carbon dating I recommend looking into young earth creationism. Magnificent ignorance!

join