It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New advertisment uses dead people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A french car-maker has launched a new series of advertisments, which show deceased celebrities like Marilyn Monroe and John Lennon. In these short video-clips the stars "give" synchronized philosophical statements.

what do you make of that ? is this legal ? did these stars sign any contracts which include using stuff like that, when they were alive ?
these stars dont talk about the car, but it is obvious that these ads are supposed to show some kind of connection. i think this stuff is just fraud.

in case these didnt work:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by icepack]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, the closest living relatives to the deceased stars will be asked for permission and if it's given, they'll be allowed to use them. Also, the footage will of be obviously been recorded before they died so the celebrities may of signed contracts allowing the footage to be used whenever; also, whoever filmed the interviews or footage would be paid instead of the dead one.

I'm not an expert but i imagine that's how it would happen. Just replace the dead star's permission with a family member or an agent and there you go.

I don't know about you but i don't quite see how "horrific" this is.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionTri

not horrific, but questionable. these stars had nothing to do with this car, they never knew it. another point is, that the "statements" seem to be altered, like they never said those words. looks like some people in studios taped it and put these words into the mouth of these stars.
my point is, i find it highly immoral to use dead people in such a way.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I believe its completly legal, if the relatives agree to it, so gues the nearest family said mkay `` you can do it``

This is immoral and creepy advertisement, I hope its the last of this kind of advertisement, or else we`ll be looking to Elvis trying to get you to buy the new Iphone.

Let the dead, rest in peace.

new topics

top topics

join