It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faeroe Islands: Sea Shepherd Undercover Operation Exposes Cetacean Mass Slaughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Faeroe Islands: Sea Shepherd Undercover Operation Exposes Cetacean Mass Slaughter

www.seashepherd.org

"Two hundred and thirty-six pilot whales were slaughtered last night in Klaksvik: bulls, pregnant and lactating females, juveniles, and unborn babies still attached to their mothers by the umbilical chord. An entire pod that once swam freely through the North Atlantic has been exterminated in a single blood bath,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My SF friend, Brad Olsen is trying to get a million "likes" on his "One Million to Stop the Denmark Dolphin Slaughter" Face Book link to help stop these mindless slaughters of dolphins and whales. PLEASE HELP!

[EDIT by Maxmars]
No activism or solicitation please. Follow the Terms and Conditions of Use, thank you, kindly.
[END EDIT by Maxmars]

www.seashepherd.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is beyond tragic. I can't for the life of me understand why the slaughter. These creatures are extremely smart and are family oriented. We could learn from them. I recently saw "The Cove." Again, all this destruction of these creatures is not only senseless, it is morally and emotionally wrong. Our job on earth is to shepherd the creatures, to keep them safe and to love them. I am toally saddened now.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's difficult to put into words how this makes me feel without getting angry.
I watched a program here in the UK at the begining of the week about Japanese dolphin killers that made me feel ill, will we ever learn as a species to stop killing everything around us!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why are they killing them.. That to me is beyond cruel to kill an entire pod and then the pregnant females is just sickening. I don't know much on the topic but if its for sport and they don't do anything with the kills that makes it far worse. In the arctic I know they do hunting there and there is the seal hunt but up north they use the meat and the fat and the skins. The kill is not wasted but rather used to necessity.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why does this organization use the skull and crossbones motif?

Seems they also have connections to Greenpeace, and Sierra Club and other wildlife groups. But what are they doing other than photographing the horrors?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As important and sensitive as this issue may be, I am obliged point out that this form of solicitation for activism is not in compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Regrettably I must close this thread and request that should you wish to discuss this issue in a thread that does not encourage (however politely and reasonably) someone to sign up for or extend their support to an organized cause, please feel free.

No offense. But it is our way.

top topics

join