It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have been trying to contact us by cosmic Twitter, scientists claim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazabel51
if seti scientists are not in the et communicato loop by this late date they might as well call it a wrap---go home and get some sleep. dont bother beaming scotty up again, guess ets are not interested in your intentions mr. and mrs.seti. do the math. say good nite gracie.

We are still finding new life forms on our own planet.

Or how 'bout the guy who quit his job at the Patent office - - 'cuz he declared "everything that could be invented - had already been invented".

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

man that is an excellent point, and really gets the gears turning. they may be waiting on us, maybe they are trying to communicate by some ESP and we just can't get it yet.

Maybe we're just too violent, i always think of an alien race as advanced beyond the need for war, where they have realised that the advancement of their species is the top priority, they've realised as i wish the human race could, that we're are all in this together!

We as a civilization will advance together or we'll revert the whole thing back to the stone-age together.

" I do not know with what weapons WWIII will be fought..But WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein---

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I always thought it was funny that so many scientists insist that any intelligent life would HAVE to communicate by radio-waves...of course its a convenient argument when you are seeking funding to build huge radar dishes for SETI or whatever but come on, humanity itself only discovered radio waves within the last century. Who knows what other means of communication we will discover in the next century?

And its not beyond possibility that aliens might choose to signal their existence through a durable, "low-tech," and easily, almost universally recognizable way...such as geometric shapes and an easily-visable stone face on the nearest planet, say...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Are we sure this isnt just advertising on Twitters behalf? Twitter is the devil stay away!

Jk.

No really.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

Great Avatar man.

SETI need to pull their finger out and find some massive new funds or benefactor and really go all out on this search.

Still it is only a matter of time...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is hilarious.. I don't think the article relayed what was trying to be conveyed very well.

What was actually meant was that the signal of any sufficiently advanced civilisation would take the form of a handshake for later data transitions.

That hand shake would be more a short "we are here are you receiving, over" rather than a complete history of their culture.

Sending any info out into space has its own data security risks, I mean take us for example, we have been transmitting our entire culture into space for the last 60 years un secured.

I can see a whole new branch of data security being launched, space data security...

Man I wouldn't like to be the one to go and fix the mpls link if the cisco router went down on alpha centauri lol

Joking aside, I believe that any communications that are meant for discovery from other civilisations will be short and to the point... But the data stream will be a constant stream, albeit a sweep so will appear to pulse.

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Korg Trinity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join