It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA Admits Mistakenly Accusing Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
With suspicions high that a conflict with Iran drawing near, could this be a delay tactic on the part of the IAEA? It seems that the IAEA are backing down after recent threats posed by Iran.

What's with all the "mistakes" lately concerning very Serious issues? I wonder.......

VIENNA, Austria (AP) -- The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency on Thursday acknowledged wrongly accusing Iran of withholding information from a probe of its nuclear program but insisted Tehran still must fully explain its suspect activities.

The rest of the story...

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's interesting that Iran produced a tape of a recorded converstaion at this time. The thing is, it took them so long.

The article even admits it is a delaying tatic:

"The issue threatened to delay action on a toughly worded resolution rebuking Iran for its spotty record cooperating with an agency investigation..."

DO I see a mouthpiece here? My theory of U.S. manipulation by proxy, via the U.N. seems crystal clear with statements from IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBarade,

"He suggested the draft resolution reflects his views in "calling on Iran to accelerate cooperation," and in "Making the point that ... we cannnot continue forever."
"I need to bring ... (the Iran) issue to a close one way or another in the next few months," he said."

An interesting thing is the amount of double talk flying around. Taking the above quote out of context, this man could be talking about IAEA or 6 months down the road, when Iran refuses to cooperate with the U.N. and is about to prompt another war...

[edit on 17-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree, it could very well be a delay tactic. It would give them about six monthe to prepare their military as well as place defences around the plant-men, anti-aircraft cannons, missles.... smart thinking on their part.

new topics

join