It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Warns U.S., Threatens to Turn S. Korea Into 'Sea of Fire'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

N. Korea Warns U.S., Threatens to Turn S. Korea Into 'Sea of Fire'

www.foxnews.com

North Korea warned the United States and South Korea on Thursday to call off military exercises scheduled for this weekend and to back off any new sanctions against the communist country or, as sources quoted leader Kim Jong Il, he would personally turn Seoul into a sea of fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He will "personally" ignite the whole sea into flames now. This will go along well with his 3 holes in 1 during a back-nine.... lol

Hillary Clinton is in Vietnam along with the North Korean Foreign Minister.. I wonder if any direct talks will occur. Although she did condemn that NK has sent weapons to Myanmar militants over the last few decades.

If NK were a real threat, they would have been dealt with years ago... [don't give me the Iraqi WMD story right now]

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I know that Kim Jomg Il is well, ILL, but I didn't realise the crackpot was that bad.. then again, for someone who won't let change from outside influences tarnish N.Korea.. trying to take the South with him aint such a good idea

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Does anyone remember a prediction that was made regarding WWIII being started when war games (excercises) went wrong?. Its starting to ring true.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

If NK were a real threat, they would have been dealt with years ago... [don't give me the Iraqi WMD story right now]

www.foxnews.com

Perhaps they were not a real threat years ago but are becoming one now.

I do not feel it is wrong for the U.S to try to help S Korea though in general I disagree with us sticking our noses in others business when we should concentrate on problems at home. Kim is a loose canon. If he attacks first we need to obliterate him to protect others from his future tyranny.

I have room to talk. My aunt Chun is N Korean. She married my uncle back in the 70's. They met while he was a medic in the war.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I had always thought that WW3 would start out w/ the smallest of events. Who knows, maybe what we're watching really is the beginning of the end.

But then again, maybe its just business as usual.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I really do not understand North Korea... who has their back? If they as much as drop one bomb on South Korea, the whole country of NK will be carpetbombed, corner to corner.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by frozenspark]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrath5639

I agree, NK will only shout for so long though. Actions will be put into these words soon, military exercises would be a perfect scenario to set things off.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smash_the_system
I know that Kim Jomg Il is well, ILL, but I didn't realise the crackpot was that bad.. then again, for someone who won't let change from outside influences tarnish N.Korea.. trying to take the South with him aint such a good idea

How long is it going to take for him to die? Doesn't surprise me that he's trying to seize an opportunity to "take us out" as a last act. I know they're just exercises but why tempt him while he is desperate?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't think North Korea would ever nuke or even completely destroy South Korea. NK wants SK correct???

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Yes, but SK is too westernised according to NK. They would probably flatten the place and start again, costing millions and killing millions too.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
huh. Guess if we HAD to start A war it would be pretty easy to justify.

Personally I think it's necessary. A war with Iran is not because Iran is good. N Korea, however, is the worst of the worst. And I suspect China would love to just say good bye to its alliance. China would no doubt occupy with S Korea and it would allow the two to perform safe repairs.

I do not China is extremely interested in exercising its own nation-building skills. China wants an Iraq, to say simply. They want to embarrass us with being able to do with much faster and better. US would be happy to allow this.

Well. Prey for peace and whatever be will be.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well this guy is like a little child stomping his feet cause somebody is in his playground.
And there is also of course the newest rumor that this is just part of the NWO game,.. of which he is apart of.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Remember how the south korean leader announced he was going to invade the north and the north reacted by attacking...

Loose lips and stupid claims can lead to bad things...like wars that don't end.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Little Kim is making another threat!...no way...lol. This guy is more of a joke than Bush was!.....If anyone is interested in just how insane this leadership in the NK is, just take a gander at North Korea's time line here.

timelines.ws...

[edit on 7/22/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I hate politics, especially world politics so I don't know much about this. However, it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence/knowledge to say what the heck? If ever there were a situation that we would be justified to step in, North Korea has been the perfect target for years. Instead, we continue to play our war games in a country that never wanted our help, under a false guise.

The reason (as I see it) that we haven't done more (even bickering about harsh words to condemn an act of war), is because we HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN by it. Sure, there is the humanitarian side and now, world security due to a possible nuclear threat, but there is NO MONETARY GAIN. It would be nice to think that our military steps into other countries business to help the people, but lately it seems that it is all about the money.

You see, North Korea doesn't have any oil. God, I'm starting to hate that word. Oil. It seems to be what makes the world go 'round, or lately, stop.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by westcoast]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
oh wow, i love how colorful he is getting with his empty threats.
its so cute! i just want to pinch his psychopath cheeks!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think it's high time these so called world leaders grew up...They'll all be nice and comfy in their massive nuclear bunkers if it kicks off...it's us, the normal person in the street that gets the sharp end.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

interesting perhaps that is the final straw not political or military but a more personal motive to end it all he is dieing and no longer has naything to lose.

scary healthy men would proly not kill the world a dieing man whos fn nuts def could push that little red button

Be Well

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join