It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Footage from Northeast England 7-18-10

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Hence why I asked if someone else would mind phoning the ranges to back me up.

The information is publicly available as the ranges are on public land, which is only closed during excercises.

For someone who has phoned a military base to get answers he hasn't come back telling us very much.

I will tell you what I want to tell you, and I will tell you the facts as I have heard them, no more, no less, that is my choice.

Remember a liar always runs the risk of being caught out and made to look a fool, and I will not be made a fool of my someone like you.

[edit on 1/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here are a few views looking toward the NW.
And toward Otterburn. This MOD firing range is 33miles away from the mill.Well within the 50 mile visibility range of most flares of this type.

The wind direction That morning was determined in my earlier post, and is shown in these views by the longish orange arrow.

The direction to the Otterburn Ranges is shown as a red arrow.

All of this is consistent with what is seen in the video and the testimony of the folks that were there. Flares are most certainly what these videos show.

I hope this helps clarify the facts as they have been gathered.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

People like you, who actually bother to do some research, are ok in my book, other people who just seem to get their kicks out of annoying people and dismissing any evidence put forward just tick me off, nice post dude!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
When I first viewed the video I saw what had been done, but I read all of the pages to see if anyone else had the same thoughts. Try this, go to the first page of this thread and let the cache for the YouTube video fill, give it a minute to turn light red in the bar. Now place your mouse cursor on the playback progress button while holding down the left mouse button slowly move the indicator all the way to the end, now slowly move the cursor backwards. The movie played backwards now presents a more accurate picture of the original unaltered video, because I think that someone has deliberately reversed the footage.

When seen in reverse the lights can be seen to all be launched from the exact same location, they rise slowly while being moved by the winds to the left. Something briefly occludes them as they travel, this is likely an obstruction between the lights and the camera, and they all are blocked at the same location, so it is probably a hill, building or water tower. Also I find it very telling that all of the lights travel along the same flight path as if windblown, and it is also noteworthy that the “lights” are all extinguishing at this location. This would indicate that the objects fuel source is being consumed at the same rate.

There is supporting evidence supplied by Above Top Secret board members, on page ten Zeptepi posts the weather data from the night in question, right afterwards Firemoon said that the “lights are moving in the WRONG DIRECTION.”

The weather data supports the idea that the video may have been reversed to perpetrate a hoax. When looked at in this light the video now makes perfect sense, the objects could easily be the dreaded Chinese Lanterns, they were all ignited from one spot, and they all flew on an upward flight path that exactly matches what would be expected from lanterns, the duration of flight also fits this scenario.

If this is true, then we have to ask mozzy1113, who says he was there that night on page five, where is the original video? How could he have seen the actual event and not noticed that the video is reversed?

Credit should be given to Free spirit for noticing that “Something isn’t right, when you go forward and back.”

Crowded skies gets credit for noticing that the “lights are all going out,..”

And also, Zeptepi for the Weather Data.

And Firemoon for pointing out that the lights were going backwards.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

So the Water tower is on the right not on the left as claimed in the witnesses statement... Another fail for you there thank you. for proving it. You really should actually watch the videos and read the statements. I'm not saying they are accurate, but they are what we have for the time being until proven otherwise.

Now lets actually look at the first video. The single light appears on film fro some 2 minutes 57 seconds . Lets say it took them 10 seconds to sort the camera out that means the light was visible for 3 minutes and 7 seconds.

Now, the longest burning military illumination shell i can find in the inventory is the M485A2 155 mm round. It burns for 2 minutes and has a fall rate of 5 metres per second. Its maximum height of burst is 600 meters. So, for now and unless someone can find specific data to show differently, that totally busts the idea that the first light is a flare.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by FireMoon]

[edit on 2-8-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Now for the THIRD TIME. Read the correction the eyewitness(mozzy1113) made. Click the blue part below, it will take you right to the post. Then look again at the maps I put up. Trying to get you to read is getting boring and you are really making yourself look foolish.

post by mozzy1113
Originally posted by mozzy1113

Guys I have got myself confused, and I have given you incorrect information. The tower was to the right of where were were looking, NOT to the left. We were standing just to the left of the mill, looking north northwest.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
reply to post by FireMoon

Now for the THIRD TIME. Read the correction the eyewitness(mozzy1113) made. Click the blue part below, it will take you right to the post. Then look again at the maps I put up. Trying to get you to read is getting boring and you are really making yourself look foolish.

post by mozzy1113
Originally posted by mozzy1113

Guys I have got myself confused, and I have given you incorrect information. The tower was to the right of where were were looking, NOT to the left. We were standing just to the left of the mill, looking north northwest.

That's right. There are two posts by Mozzy1113 on page 11. In the first post , the tower is supposed to be on the left side of the picture. In the second post , Mozzy makes a correction and says that the tower should really be on the right side of the picture.

I though I would mention this, as your link takes us to page 11 and most are bound to notice the first post only.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by crowdedskies]

[edit on 2-8-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I really am getting a bit sick of this thread right now, so I am going to make this perfectly clear.

I KNOW WHAT THESE ARE, I HAVE SEEN THEM ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION, I HAVE NO DOUBT.

THIS WAS MORTAR FIRED PARACHUTE FLARES AT 1:43AM ON JULY 18TH IN THE YEAR 2010, FIRED FROM OTTERBURN MILITARY RANGES AS PART OF A ROUTINE EXERCISE. THE INFORMATION IS FREELY AVAILABLE BY PHONING RANGE CONTROL AT OTTERBURN ON 01830 520569 (OR +441830 520569 OUTSIDE OF THE UK), IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PHONE THEM YOU MAY APPLY IN WRITING TO:

Web Enquiries
Defence Estates
DTE Otterburn
Otterburn,
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE19 1NX

YOU MAY ALSO VISIT THE RANGE WEBSITE AND GET SLIGHTLY LESS DETAILED INFORMATION AT www.otterburnranges.co.uk... PLEASE RESEARCH THIS THREAD FURTHER FOR LOCATIONS OF CAMERA ETC ETC, IT ALL TIES IN TO WHAT I AM SAYING. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MILITARY EXERCISE, I LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT FOOTAGE TO TRY AND PROOVE OR DEBUNK THE NEXT LATEST GREATEST SIGHTING. THANKYOU!

Mods please don't remove this for using all caps, I am just trying to get my point across, I'm actually hoping you will understand my frustration, in fact if any of you fancy phoning or getting in touch with the ranges and verifying what I have said then we can close this thread, it would be greatly apprciated.

[edit on 3/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There is a major problem with the flares theory, mainly that it is unlikely that flares dropped in slightly different locations could funnel themselves together into one small path at the apparent "destination."

A group of airborne objects drifting on the wind currents will always spread apart and their courses will diverge over distance and time. It is nearly impossible for any wind blown group of objects to converge into one small geographical point at the endpoint of any unguided wind blown trip. If however we consider that the video was played backwards, the flight patterns seen are expected, if they were actually traveling from right to left and this would explain the otherwise unexplainable circumstances.

Add to this the fact that the wind direction was wrong and the conclusion is not clear that they were flares. Unless an explanation can be found for the "impossible" trajectory, I am going with the reversed video showing common Chinese Lanterns theory.

Look at these snapshots taken from the video on page one of this thread, notice the extremely well defined points of landing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08d816956d11.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38ad7c392d5f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd8210059007.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcea27e1956a.jpg[/atsimg]

How could a group of so many flares all drop down onto the exact same spot some distance away? The couldn't, it is much more likely that they actually Originated from the area where the flight paths converge into one spot on the ground.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

The wind direction was correct. It was from the southwest. Since the view is to the northwest, the wind carries the flares from left to right.

The flares are not dropped, they are launched from the ground. The flares are meant to illuminate a specific area and are aimed to light that area.

Things falling and drifting with the wind tend to end up in the same location. That is why paratroops try to get out of the airplane at as close to the same time as possible. That is why the location of the jump is carefully planned, allowing for wind speed and direction, so that the troops end up where they are supposed to end up.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RING0

The flares are not dropped, they are launched from the ground. The flares are meant to illuminate a specific area and are aimed to light that area.

Things falling and drifting with the wind tend to end up in the same location. That is why paratroops try to get out of the airplane at as close to the same time as possible. That is why the location of the jump is carefully planned, allowing for wind speed and direction, so that the troops end up where they are supposed to end up.

If the points of origin were all the same there would be a very small possibility of them all landing on the same spot, but they can be seen to have varying points of first sighting, so the odds are very much against such an occurrence. It is practically impossible for them to ALL land in the same small area. Unless that aspect is addressed the theory is unsound.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

On what do you base the "point of landing"? The lines you've drawn all converge but that is not what occurs in the video. There are two separate groupings. We don't see where they land. They burn out before they hit the ground and they burn out in different locations. All we see is that they follow parallel trajectories with a steady rate of descent and steady horizontal movement. Exactly what is to be expected of parachute flares.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RING0

On what do you base the "point of landing"? ,....

The amount of convergence that can be seen while they are visible is sufficient to see that an impossible amount of convergence is occurring as they travel down. Consider the distance that they are seen to be apart further out, and how they group together as they come down. Not very likely to happen without some sort of guidance. The movement of the lights coming together as they descend is obvious enough. And it is not a likely outcome for any grouping of drifting airborne objects to all reach such a close landing point. So unless the nearly impossible flight path can be explained the flares theory is not on my list of probabilities.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'm investigating a similar event in Newcastle (Northern Ireland) where for the last 2 months orange lights are seen around or coming from the tops of the Mourne Mountains.

These lights come in multiple of threes. Very fast, doing impossible manouvers hopefully come Monday I wiill be posting my findings. Wish me luck for Sunday!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As long as the objects eprform extreme movements, you can mostly dismiss the flare theory.
But all the sightings related to supposed UFOs remaining stationary are somewhat terrestial in my book. That's not to say they're entirely explainable.
Given how we all know the govt runs massive cover-ups of the phenomena, I'd doubt any official explanations starting with flares and excercises.
But our conspiracy theories aside, this looks like flares. The lights go out and then others appear in their place, yet there's no telling whether they're turning off and then on or if the new ones are something "new" in the place of the first ones, like new flares popped in the place of the burnt ones. They pulsate and have a peak of brightness followed with diminishing of the light.
The objects themselves seem slightly mobile but this can be attributed to the wind. No extreme, gravity-defying movements observed.
80/20 between flares and UFOs, taking into account all what was said in this thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I see flares appearing about the same altitude as each other, then drifting to the right and descending. The flashing is weird though. Any rise in altitude may be air currents, but each one did descend. If I was there I would have driven towards it for a closer shot.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The poster of the video on youtube has now too phoned Otterburn ranges and verified my story. As to the comments on the flashing, that is just due to the distance, any variation in brightness is going to more noticable. Same with the distance between the flares, and their descent from that far away, even the greatest distance isn't going to be that noticable.

# ged8802 1 day ago @WinstonSmith46. Woogle23 and myself have phoned otterburn ranges and they confirmed that there were military exercises happening at that time. The phone number for Range control is 01830 520569. Thanks to Woogle23 for the phone number.

[edit on 4/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I am a believer in UFOs but i also try to look at things in a proper manor...
And i also know that is will get shouted down for stating this.

but in England it is becoming very very common for people to use Chinese lanterns

As they can appear very bright and very large in the sky....and on windy nights they do almost exactly as those orbs appear to be doing.

they rise up and then they just hang floating across the sky...

and when they hit higher wind areas they will just flicker out as the candles inside just blow out...

now if anyone wants to test this theory simply grab your video camera go out at night a let some fly...say 10....let them get high enough and far enough away ...and start filming.

you just might be suprised

I am not a skeptic....but i am very objective....because there are so many sceptics out there and they will feed on things like this.

now if the vid was in colour i bet you alsmost ten to one...

they would be orange.

so tear me apart for my interpretation ...but know that i am not a skeptic..

objective participant

[edit on 22-7-2010 by plube]
The Chinese Lantern theory makes no sense in this case. Lanterns are visible from the moment they rise from the ground. They do not ignite themselves in the air, which is what is happening here. Can't you see that? Seems an obvious point to me. I'm going with the military flares story.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am from the Northeast and took a video similar to this but closer and i actualy sent it away to be examined ..... I can assure you that these are chinese lanterns .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by discobiskit
I am from the Northeast and took a video similar to this but closer and i actualy sent it away to be examined ..... I can assure you that these are chinese lanterns .
Then explain to me how these 'lanterns' are igniting themselves in the air? I've released many lanterns myself and they are visible from the momemt they leave the ground.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join