It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Footage from Northeast England 7-18-10

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

All the "flares" appear to be moving to me right from the start, although a little slower, could just be changes in wind speed, or gusts. Might even just be a visual trick as it is the start of the video.

Another thing I noticed, does it look like, to anybody else, that the camera is set to night shot // infrared? My camcorder has this feature and certain lights in the distance tend to stand out more. Also, i'm sure I read somewhere that certain flares emit light on the IR spectrum, which, given a military operation would make sense if using night vision googles. I really don't know the answer to this, and googles failing me. So any input here would be helpful.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hats off to you woogle!

Ive been researching this since posted and thought i was the google master when it came to searching (unless the range info updated in the last two days, whereas ive been stuck at work).

Looks like youve hit the nail on the head with this one.

I did get the "phoenix lights" goosebumps when i first seen this footage but after much analysis there is some drifting going on with these lights as shows by previous posters who ran the video in FF and RW mode.

I did pass the original sighting details over to Nick Pope ex MOD Ufo desk and i have just send him a further update of your findings.

Good work buddy!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Woogleuk.....

Good work mate!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Until and unless anybody else has anything more compelling, this evidence (presented by Woogleuk) presents the most logical solution.

I have to say though that at least this thread provided some excitement, a relatively good quality video, credible witnesses and a good quality of interaction.

I believe the original group who captured the footage and the OP were serious in their intent and believed - as most of us would have - that they were witnessing something very unusual.

Thanks to Woogluk for cracking this, it was neither obvious nor easy to figure out.

We will sort of all have to plod on and find something else to do... hopefully it won't be long before we see something else... let's hope that we receive other interesting posts, because it has been a long time since I've seen a thread of any interest... and a thread that hasn't dissolved into petty arguments.

TTFN
askbaby

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the appreciation folks, it was about high time I (possibly) solved something here on ATS (although it was still a good group effort), it was actually really exciting, thoroughly enjoyed it!

[edit on 27/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am just going to agree with the Skeptics here that its not UFOs even if it is .This way no arguments happen over this .
Thanks for posting it .
I believe most here who are Skeptics will tell you what it was .
They have all the answers on the UFO area .
It can be explained.
Do not concern yourself with UFOs because they do not exist.
Most like Government tests of something from Earth.
Also remember we are the only ones in this Universe .
Life does not exist beyond here anyway.
Plus nothing can travel to Earth from somewhere else .
If anything it would be primitive life forms anyway.
Enjoyed the video.
I am gald that we have people who can explain everything regarding this subject.
We can put Ufology to rest once and for all.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by wesufmcosmic]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wesufmcosmic

It would be a sad day if it turned out that there wasn't life on other planets. I for one refuse to believe that this is it, even if it is only single celled organisms on other planets it would be something.

However, one CANNOT assume that every UFO is an alien spacecraft. The best way to deal with it is to try and prove it isn't, because once you have exhausted all your resources, and still don't have an answer, then it becomes possible that what you are seeing is the real deal.

I would love to meet a technologically advanced race beings from another world (assuming they were friendly), it could put an end to war, disease, poverty, mankind could change for the better, assuming the PTB don't try and wage war with them.

But until I am presented with solid evidence I will continue to try and prove these things are of terrestrial origin. I refuse to get overly excited, only to find out at the end of the day that some pratt at the end of the road has just bought some eBay special Chinese lanterns, or someone's been working overtime on Adobe Premier // Photoshop, or as (possibly)in this case, the army's been playing ratatatat with their toys and flashy things!

I want to believe, but I won't be made a fool of (or at least by that, I am fully capable of making a fool of myself in other ways, lol)

[edit on 27/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Wesufmcosmic.....

Just out of interest.....

Do you think I'm a skeptic who doesn't believe in UFO's?

It doesn't matter which way you answer.....my reply will be polite & hopefully useful & informative either way.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I am sorry that you feel upset, however I have to say that this thread has been both respectful of the OP, and the witnesses who were kind enough to step forward.

I pronounce myself as a skeptic, and I come with the attitude of prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt.

I firmly believe that there is intelligent life on other planets in our galaxy and beyond, to not do so would be illogical, I don't think that life on earth is a cosmic fluke!

However I don't know if we have received any visitors... That I honestly do not know.

Likewise - there is abundant evidence of objects (most likely military) that are of a top secret nature, and these are clearly UFOs - as in unidentified.

You are welcome, nay encouraged to believe anything you wish, as am I. And I sincerely want to see clear and irrefutable evidence that shows that we have and are being visited by intelligent life from other systems, but - like many on this forum - I want to be able to use diligence, intelligence, science, witness testamony and photographic, video and audio evidence to prove and/or dis-prove the cases presented in this forum.

To blindly accept or blindly discard these kind of threads, where interesting (ie not clearly stupid stuff) evidence is presented would be foolish indeed.

TTFN
Askbaby

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Well said man!
And good job...to all of ATS for getting to the truth.
Sometimes we have to wade through the BS to get to the facts..this time we have truly shown the collaborative nature of ATS, without all the "snarky" comments.
Glad we have an articulate and honest new member (Mozzy)
Cheers and good night.
Zep out

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I disagree . Just like the others I was analysing the clip to see what it could be. Nobody in this thread , apart from yourself, has suggested that ufos or unexplained crafts do not exist and any conclusion drawn does not mean ufos do not exist.

I believe that there are entities and 'aliens' making occasional appearances form time to time.

Apologies to Mozzy if I pushed the Tower idea a bit too hard.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
okay, this is indeed a UFO. but doesn't mean it is alien.

I keep myself ask the same question whenever I see some footage like this... If I were a intelligent alien would I really hover around in the skies of another planet that is inhabited by intelligent beings. I would, if I want to panic the population or throw some excitement at them, otherwise I wouldn't !!! common sense !!

I'm a UFO believer but I really think if they are here, they won't present themselves in such fashions !!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This has been a great thread, what with the analysis, theories and now apparent explanation put forth.

And it did maintain a wonderful sense of interaction of all of us here, collaborating to get to the bottom of this mystery. That is the spirit of ATS right there.

yigsstarhouse, thanks must go to you for posting this video, we probably may not have picked up on this video otherwise, and it's provided great discussion and an interesting thread.

On a final note, I am very open to the possibility of there being extra-terrestial lifeforms. With the size and depth of the universe, and beyond, we would be foolish not to consider it.

I've witnessed a couple of odd things in the sky myself.

Another factor to this is that we always presume oxygen and water is essential to the existence of life-forms.

For our planet, it is. But who is to truly say that the atmosphere and make-up of our planet is the only way life-forms "out there" can live?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Before we all go clapping people on the back the analysis has been flawed and at times actually simply plain rubbish. Sorry it has to be said.

One... absolutey no explanation for the first light whatsoever. Secondly the lights are nowhere near the direction of the Otterburn firing range. The firing range in NNW the lights appeared almost due west from Cleadon voer Gateshead, WNW probably being a better heading. The indpedent witness make it plain they saw the lights over the direction of Blaydon which is absolutely nowhere enar the direction of Otterburn..

I'm tired of saying this to amateurs who think they have all the answer but it has to be repeated over and over again. Use the data to try and ascertain what happened. Don;t decide you know what happened and then ignore or just plain make up data to support it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for your maps to prove your point.

Oh, I see that you didn't...nevermind.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lights at night = fail. Nothing to prove or disprove except that it's a light source.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just when we were all doing so well here... figures... Yes I agree Firemoon I dont feel like this has really be concluded 100% either. It would be nice if you could show us a map of how you are seeing it.

I also still wish we had a daytime photo of where this was filmed from. Would help a lot I think for perspective if anything.

The last two things that are bugging me is, if I recall correctly the witness's said the light were orange to how they saw them? I may be wrong but Im pretty sure I read that somewhere along the line either here or their you tube replies.

The other is the fact that the first video that came up later still haunts me with the appearance of them seeming to be stationary. I really am going to have to edit that I guess. Im just not looking forward to dealing with all that bounce! I have caught a couple frap clips that are pretty good. I just dont have the time to do it at the moment. I will get to it though if people think it might be important.

I also just want to say I have enjoyed how this thread has flowed as much as you folks. I like the respect we have had and the desire to try and figure it all out in a grownup manner has been quite refreshing to say the least. Good job people.

So what I'd like to know is do we really think we have solved it or shall we did deeper?

I cant help but think of the other threads that have been posted about all the orange lights over England lately. Something is going on for sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh yes your right, such a large difference in angle of sight there, especially at night, they must have had a compas

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32ecf67cb405.jpg[/atsimg]

For further information relating to public access and live firing times contact Otterburn Range Control on 01830 520569

Anyone fancy phoning them?

[edit on 28/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The range isn't actually in Otterburn its by Harbottle which North North West of Cleadon. Gateshead is West of Cleadon. There's actually about a 35-40 degree difference.

Plus, the first light is clearly moving at some rate in the sky. Speed wise, it doesn't look like a flare at all.

Lets say this light is 20-35 miles away... just how fast is it moving to cover that area of sky in the time it does? Like i say, use the evidence and then form a hypothesis don't decide you know and then try to force the data to fit.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What?? its a massive area WHICH IS SHOWN AN INTERACTIVE MAP on the Otterburn website stretching from Harbottle to Rochester, and the red line I drew on my map above lands right in the middle! That whole area is red flagged to bits! Do some more research and come back with some evidence supporting what you are talking about before you critisise my findings, which I have fully researched (and to the best of my abilities, acurate) before posting and looking like a fool! I stand by what I have said, even if it isn't what the strange lights are, everything points to that conclusion. If someone could phone range control and verify it, that would be great, I would, but I haven't got the bottle to pester them.

EDIT: I mean I made sure my findings were accurate before I posted and looked like a fool, wasn't calling you (Firemoon) a fool.

[edit on 28/7/10 by woogleuk]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join