It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Footage from Northeast England 7-18-10

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

No, sorry you have no understanding of the British Military. if it could cost them money in a law suit they don;t do it end of. The military in Britain are completely hidebound by the fear of having to spend any more money on anything than they have to. Military illumination flares are not orange anyway. These look like the sort lights one sees over fault lines.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yes really intelligent let a load of flares off over a barracks, which often have loads of wooden roofed buildings. There is a area just North of the barracks no more than a couple of hundred yards in size and surrounding it is farmland and woods. it would we incredibly stupid to drop flares in that area.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

But Albemarle Barracks are miles away from any built up area and the use of military flares would be perfectly legal.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't know about that, I am sure the more military knowledgeable amongst us are more qualified to comment on that.

I am merely pointing out that it is legal to do so and is within the field of view of the video.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

What part of the sentence . It is illegal to release flares in an urban area do you not understand?

When you use a word like "urban", Firemoon, ensure you understand its definition!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
This so-called "jump" appears to be nothing more than one flare burning out as another ignites, as someone has already pointed out.
[edit on 26-7-2010 by torsion]

sorry to have to disagree but i don't see how you can draw an absolute from looking at this footage. i'm open to the idea that it could be another flare igniting elsewhere but unless the original film is taken apart frame by frame, or another form of proof emerges the jury is open. we also now have two 'jumps' to analyse, if proven to be true the more extreme 'jump' would automatically dispel any notion of them being flares.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by escrow

Escrow.....

I made the point earlier about the "jumping" being caused by 1 flare extinguishing & another flare igniting.

This still looks like flares to me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

If they were dropped from a tower how did they hang there for 20 minutes when the tower looks to be around 50 feet high? I am comfortable in saying "not flares"

Nice pointing out the Jump this keeps getting better.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

The Chimney is 100 feet high, according to wikipedia. Mozzy , who was a witness, first said it was on the left of the picture then said the tower would have been on the right of the picture.

The witnesses were positioned next to the mill , nearest to us on the photo below. The water tower is in the background.

From the clip , it does look to me that some kind of illuminated baloons or lanterns could have ben released from the top of the tower. That is why it could have stayed in the air for so long. The footage give the illusion of height but when zoomed out you can see that all the lights are quite close to the ground, 100 feet or so.

The wind direction would have been from left to right as already shown earlier by another member.

The most noticeable thing in this clip is how every light starts at the same point , almost as if coming from some kind of 'worm hole' . Those that start further to the right are just re-igniting. It is the ones on the left , starting , that matter. All at about 100 feet

I have to post the pictures again because I don't think it has been given enough consideration.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Yiggy my friend!

You know, I really feel like the "George Costanza" of this forum at times.

I have spent a great deal of time looking at the video, reading all the comments, etc...

My conclusion is the objects are flares.

Everything on the video can be explained in the context of the objects being flares.

- The appearance

- The movement

- The apparent "jumping"

.....& we have a location.....i.e. the military base.

I am still also quite sure I have seen videos of "UFO's" filmed from where this was filmed. I am still looking for it, for purposes of comparison & interest. The reason I am doing this is I feel that "other" group filmed from there because they knew they would get something on video (i.e. from activity pertaining to the base) that they could then hoax as "UFO's".

However, that is not to say I am claiming the group who filmed this video are hoaxing like the "other" group.

So.....there you go.....

George.....over.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d328a9867255.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Military flares are not used for other than absolute emergencies anywhere on land in Britain outside of a couple of areas specifically given over to military exercises such as the Salisbury Plain. This is not the USA, every thing is virtually cheek by jowl in this country. Albemarle in slap bang in the middle of a lot of woodland and cultivated farmland. You don;t go firing off flares ad hoc, in areas like that as it could lead to severe consequences. The military in Britain receives nothing like the freedom it does in the USA to do, pretty much as it wants and needs. If you speak to any serving officer they will tell you the hoops they have to jump through to carry out the most basic of tasks.

In Britain every last round of munitions has to be signed off for, when not in a combat zone. You simply don't have them swanning around the country at night packing any sort of live ordinance outside of the areas already mentioned. The idea that they were just banging off a few flares for jollies at 2 am is ridiculous. That's ignoring the fact that one of these lights was seen earlier in the evening miles from the area they were later seen in.

The barracks in question are surrounded by arable farm land. There isn't a freaking chance they would be allowed to go ploughing through farmer's crops in tracked vehicles , they have to get special dispensation to drive tracked vehicles on British roads anyway, unless in case of an emergency.

Having been studying UFOs for nearly 40 years I've spoken to military personnel of all ranks. On several occasions they have bemoaned how hidebound by rules they are at virtually every level when operating, in peace time, in this country.

Then there is the question of unspent ordinance. You really think they go popping off all and sundry around areas where the public have constant access?

These force fit explanations are a complete waste of time.

Britain is a country where, in the first year of the second World War its' bomber crews were banned from dropping bombs on *private property* in Germany due to political pressure.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe video date was wrong? There was Farnborough International Airshow – 19-25 July 2010:

Air show

Maybe there was some kind night show?

Well I think this ufo was British red devils. It was in show list too.
""Monday 19 July – approx 13.00 – 16.00

•13.00 UAS

•13.30 A400M

•13.39 AIRBUS A380

•13.49 THE BLADES

•14.10 BAE TYPHOON

•14.17 C27J

•14.25 M346

•14.35 C130J

•14.42 F-16

•14.49 SENTINEL R1 (FLYPAST)

•14.53 red devils

•15.03 F-22

•15.18 F-18

•15.26 SUKHOI SUPERJET 100

•15.36 ANTONOV 158
•15.51 RAF TYPHOON
""

[edit on 26-7-2010 by hande]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
reply to post by GaryN

Well thank you for that GaryN. I have never heard of that before. Something new for us to digest. I have to say I had to read it a couple times to digest it!

The UK military did some investigation on plasmas, and for once I have to believe them that many, though not all, lights, cigar shaped, and even disk shaped features were plasmas. They admit they do not know how these are formed, but it does explain how these things can change direction and move so quickly. They are only electrical/plasma events, and not 'things'
It also might explain the orbs seen maneuvering around fighter and passenger jets at impossible speeds. Aircraft can become highly charged and create a turbulence that can form these orbs.
Plasmas will have different colors depending on their charge. Different gases in the atmosphere will glow at different energy levels, so can change color as the conditions vary.
Don't get me wrong, I am a believer in UFOs, I saw one in England, in broad daylight, in about 1965, came low and slow over my house, no noise, but I also have experience with plasmas and think they explain much of what we see.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm not suggesting anything, just pointing out that it's possible.

As someone who lives very close to Catterick I can assure you that it is not uncommon for British Armed Forces to hold manoeuvers at night time.

I'm sure a simple phone call might clear things up.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think what is frustrating to some of us, is the a lot of us here have been following this thread from the beginning,so we know what we have covered, or established or whatnot.

I think one key video is the first one of the series which didnt arrive on this thread until the 7th page. The thing about the importance of this video is it is the first of the series. When I started this thread I was only aware of the one I posted originally. The second two came later.

So being the first video, as you shall see, it shows a single light being spotted and tracked through a neighborhood for lack of better way to put it. I was going to edit this video as well, but it is so shaky it is a bit hard to. It is steady enough at points though to see that these lights appear and remain stationary.They do not drift in the wind They just appear.I think this is important to see. It would have a lot to do with clearing up they were tossed from a tower. If they were tossed or whatever, they would not have remained stationary in that wind nor lit the amount of time that they do.

Now I have a question about flares. With all those flares being so bright and so close together, wouldnt they illuminate smoke trails? I see none of that either.

I don't think a airshow would be at 2am., call me crazy but I dont think so.

The plasma thing is interesting, but does that explain the appearance and stationary lights at the begining??

I think if someone lives near enough, and it is that easy to call the base and ask them if they were training, they should do it. It would help settle a lot of this.

So here is the first video to clear up and start new issues! I hope it helps.

And people please try to have some respect for those that have been here from the start of this thread. We really are trying to figure this thing out, and we have covered a lot of the usual bases.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by free_spirit

No, sorry you have no understanding of the British Military.

You are wrong, I have seen many british military harassing people, black unmarked
choppers flying over the houses almost at roof level and then staying there with the
very loud noise while the neighbors are terrorized, even the huge Chinhook has been
used in these maneuvers, military airplanes flying very low over populated areas in
a dangerous way etc. I have footages from people showing these harassements and
that was illegal, dangerous for the people, who is going to sue the RAF? That's naive.

The law is not a limitation for the military not in the UK not in the US or whatever, you
should know that if you say you have been a researcher for 40 years. How to be
certain this was not a military exercise of some kind? Very hard, could be or could not
but be sure the military will not tell anything then the civil researcher must look for
any kind of evidence, reference, comparison, precedent to try to solve the mystery
or to consider the incident unexplained.

By the way you forgot to give your opinion about the video I posted from Brazil, are
the lights from Mina Gerais similar to the ones in Northeast England or not, do they
show similar behavior or not, just a simple opinion would be nice.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

Now I have a question about flares. With all those flares being so bright and so close
together, wouldnt they illuminate smoke trails? I see none of that either.

That's a good question, in the video from Brazil of military flares I posted today the
introduction explains what these flares are, how they work, how are they fired, how
much time they remain lighted and most important the distance they can be seen in
this case of the brazilian video the flares were recorded at a distance of 28 miles,
this may give us the idea how perspective may be tricky specially at night.

At this moment it seems the majority here is favouring the flares theory but good
examples are required, we agree these lights from Northeast England look like flares
and behave like flares but at the same time this behavior is disconcerting like not
following the standard flare behavior, I thought that. Until I watched the video from
Brazil wich shows a very similar thing. I have seen many UFO videos, fleets, clusters
at night but nothing like this one from the Northeast wich makes me be cautious, more
investigation is required to understand the nature of this incident, real UFOs, a rare
meteorological phenomenon or just military flares, the challenge is still there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

When I was in the army cadets many moons ago whenever we did night exercises it was usually accompanied by a few parachute style flares.

Whether Warcop, Catterick or Broughton ammo dump (which is very close to residential), there were other places, i've forgotten the names, but quite a few could be considered close to residential areas.

If army cadets can use them, i'm pretty sure the real army can.

[edit on 26/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Those favouring the Flares Theory would like to watch this video of actual military flares
exercises in Brazil, Does these images look similar to you? According to the source
these military flares released during military exercises in Minas Gerais Brazil. Watch the
video and make your opinion.

I'm not saying this is what appeared in Northeast England, a reasonable doubt exists
but if we are looking for images of something similar to be compared this video shows
how some military flares behave during certain kind of exercises. Standard military
flares follow a straight line according to the aiplane flying path, I've seen several
videos and I don't find any of them similar to the England one. But this video may
be a reference to understand what could have been the lights in the July 18 incident
but again it's just a theory, you decide. Watch the complete video here with a detailed
description of what these military flares are and how they work, a narration signaling
the lights (flares) explaining how they behave / look. This is the best video I have
found as a reference till now. Special thanks to brazilian researcher Claudeir Covo.

NOTE: Just as a comment, if you think british military wouldn't perform illegal exercises
or maneuvers, you are praying to the wrong saint.

Ok Free, I watched your video to see what I thought. Yes, they do look very very similar. So much so they could almost be the same footage enhanced a bit.

Now don't get me wrong, I have been happy to read your post and your thoughts and your help of trying to get to the bottom of this, but I have to wonder about one thing here. This video you posted seems to have just been posted today and Im guessing it was posted by you as the name of the poster was Free2012Spirit. Do you have a actual link of where you got this from? Im sure there was a news article or something that went with it perhaps? I just somehow feel if I worked really hard at it I could find a spot in one of the England footage that I could over lay on this and would find a match.

So a link would be helpful in clearing that up a bit I guess for me anyway.

I am a woman and I have to go by my gut feeling yano? Don't take it personally by all means. I want to get to the bottom of this as much as everyone else here, but I do have to question when something doesn't sit right with me.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Yes indeed, if you check again I posted two videos, the first one is a short edit I made
from the original just to show the action of the flares and make the comparison. But I
also posted as a second video the original one wich is longer and with information of
the flares used, what they are, how they work, how long they remain lighted, how far
can they be seen etc. Unfortunately it's in portuguese but if you want I can make a
translation and post here the text. Check my post again and at the end the credits of
the ones who made this footage, the source is brazilian researcher Claudeir Covo.

I agree with you in making an investigation the best of our posibilities and resources
to try to understand the nature or maybe the origin of this incident. As you explained
the first video uploaded to YouTube didn't have enough information, I suspected the
footage could be some kind of CGI, the movement of the lights were too odd in
comparison to other videos I have seen. Later more videos were uploaded with more
references and informations, at the same time an actual witness subscribed to this
forum and gave his testimonial of the incident including the location, the videographer
himself also appeared on camera during the incident. All these subsequent elements
changed my mind. It is still unclear if these lights are flares or something else not
conventional, I'm interested in this case and I've been watching a lot of videos of
military flairs to have an idea. I'm still looking for answers and reading other member's
opinions, in my opinion this case remains inconclusive.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

And many moon ago as a kid a friend of my father, strapped me in the back seat of a Hawker Hunter 2 seater and flew me round the airfield a couple of times. It would never happen nowadays. I use to work for the government theres a something i happen to know about the British government and insurance, that has totally changed how things are done these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join