It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Submerged Wonders of the World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hey OP,

Nice collection there I hadn't heard of a lot of these before. I have heard of theories of Atlantis being Antarctica before. I'm pretty sure that the timings suggested by Plato don't match this story if you go by tectonic plate theory, but maybe it would work if you go by expanding earth theory www.youtube.com...?

Also , not sure what you meant by "Other evidence includes the recent discovery (via sonar technology) of land under Antarctica". There is actually very obvious land under Antarctica. You can watch travel documentaries of people going there and bathing in hot springs (I hope to go one day so I'll get some pics up on ATS if I do). You can look at the en.wikipedia.org... or you can even see the rocks on Google earth.

Mythkiller, I think that antenna you were talking about was proved to be seaweed. Check out www.waterufo.net...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller

Maybe this is a little off topic but...Has anyone ever heard of the Eltanin Antenna?

No, no, no, your inclusion of the Eltanin Antenna was right on! I had never heard of this 'mystery' before and - as Mr. Spock would say - fascinating!

In the MSM we are often belaboured with tales of how the super-rich spend their money. Just once, couldn't one of these guys cut back on the diamonds and furs and, instead, fund an expedition to 'get to the bottom' of just one of these mysteries - and do all of mankind a big favour?!

Because it seems that Governments of the world have some strange aversion to exploring what lies just beyond their own shorelines.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
is the north sea thing the same thing as Doggerland? I have heard of that. also I thought the japanese pyramids might be natural? Saw something on history channel about both of those places

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have just discovered that a Welsh Village was flooded by England in 1965 to create a water reservoir for the City of Liverpool, where I live. Not quite as interesting as Atlantis but interesting all the same

lots of reservoirs hide flooded villages! check out this half-submerged church at rutland water, leics...

www.google.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I totally agree, much of our past is underwater. Remember some type of flood happened on this planet (most likely during the last ice age). Just wiki Great Flood legends of different cultures, and you will see almost all cultures have a legend of life reborn from what the flood destroyed. Greece and all bodies of waters that look as if they where formed from an increase in the ocean levels (ocean levels during the ice age before melt where at least 150 to 300 meters lower than they where today, and I believe they where lower to the amount of 450 meter. The Ice sheet at New York was at least a Mile thick.) have structures and whole towns and possibly cities that are underwater. Remember, the majority of cultures tend to build along the river and/or ocean for food and if river/lake water or travel. If you look you can find planet simulators that will show an increase in the water levels from global warming, but at the same time you can subtract the water to show lower water depths.

When I used a few, I was astonished by how much land was shown at the 300 meter level and what new islands that sprouted up. Hell Indonesia was connected to australia and had a hell of alot more land. The Mediterranian had more land and looked more like a paradise surrounded by lakes and estuaries etc. etc.. Just go find one of those and see how much land was exposed back during the ice ages.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Remember. There is 40,000 years of human history lost due to the ice age. That one from the bay in India may be the only surviving artifact from the times of old.

And it's not even real.

The pics shown do not correspond with anything ever found under the Gulf of Cambay (Khambat.)

Makes you wonder about the rest, doesn't it?

Yonaguni sank only 2000 years ago and there's no evidence whatsoever of any human habitation. But after I saw the bogus Cambay blurb, I quit reading.

Originally posted by schuylerInevitably, the bridge broke and the sea level of all the world's oceans rose 60 feet in a few hours, thus inundating coastal civilizations. From that event comes our flood stories, which are neally universal. Excellent read with lots of maps.

That never happened either, as a minute or two on a calculator will easily show.

Harte

[edit on 7/22/2010 by Harte]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Ok mr know everything have you seen this video on to where the original city of Dwarka is have a look .
www.youtube.com...

By the way only a part was submerged the remaining city was found in a island 90 miles away were Rao the archeologist found the remaining city of Dwarka

I want to add Indians invented geometry and Complex maths stuff way back around 5000 BC when most of us in the World were just scratching our hairs and hunting animals

We owe much to the people of India for their Maths and Culture....

Just dont debunk this thread yet

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I must thank you for bringing these up. I knew about all but one of them and didn't now the names of 4 of them. Since it is also part of my research it is great to have a list of them. ^_^ S+F
I have to inform you guys that if a book has great evidence and has put together plenty of research, as long as they are journalists like Graham Hancock they don't have credibility. I know because I can't use him and others on my Masters Thesis. They are only Journalists I have been told.>_>

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Awesome Find! S+F!

Ive always been wondering what the oceans hide beneath them. It will also be really interesting to see what else they may find in the years ahead! Good Job on this one!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
awesome!

theoretically, one of the reasons there's not a concentrated effort to discover and report on these underwater phenomenon is because they would validate various ancient sacred texts, causing a huge religious revival across several religions. and since the mainstream universities across the planet, are intent on keeping sacred texts in the mythology category, we will likely never know anything else about these interesting underwater places.

in addition, if the data supported the reality of a religion that is less popular than others, and that had hitherto been called falsehood by competitors, even if only in historical context, we'd see resistence from competing religions who would rather see it stay out of sight, out of mind.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by undo]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

The pole shift you are talking about does not exist. Pole shift is the movement of the em forces which does not affect climate. The pole shift you speak of would literally annihilate life on Earth and shake it into space.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
reply to post by Harte

Ok mr know everything have you seen this video on to where the original city of Dwarka is have a look .
www.youtube.com...

By the way only a part was submerged the remaining city was found in a island 90 miles away were Rao the archeologist found the remaining city of Dwarka

Okay Mr. can't take the time see if I read that right, where did I mention Dwarka, which BTW has existed all along (with people actually living there, no less!) on the dry side of the shore as well as partially submerged due to tectonic subduction and as far as I know wasn't even mentioned in the first post but I can't be sure because, like I said, I quit reading it after two completely bogus sections on nonexistant mysteries?

Also, are you hypothesizing that people thought Dwarka was a myth?

No, nobody thought Dwarka was a myth. They think the story of it's origin is a myth.

I want to add Indians invented geometry and Complex maths stuff way back around 5000 BC when most of us in the World were just scratching our hairs and hunting animals

You may want to add that, you may not be able to keep yourself from adding that, but that doesn't make it true. No one in India even knew how to write in 5000 BC, much less solve matrix equations, or whatever you're getting on about here.

We owe much to the people of India for their Maths and Culture....

Just dont debunk this thread yet

Too late. I did that in 2005.

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

ou may want to add that, you may not be able to keep yourself from adding that, but that doesn't make it true. No one in India even knew how to write in 5000 BC, much less solve matrix equations, or whatever you're getting on about here.

Unfortunately that is what we are led to believe .The Indus valley civilization is actually older than was thought earlier[ and is perhaps as old if not older than the Egyptian civilization]. Also they did have a writing system even way back in 4500 BC as is evident from the Harrapa and Mohenjedaro seals. I was also quite surprised to know that the speed of light is actually cited in the Rig Veda....Ostensibly our understanding of what we refer to as history continues to evolve.

"The hymn 1.50 of the Rigveda on the Sun, says
[O Sun] you who traverse 2,202 yojanas in half a nimesa.The usual meaning of yojana is about 9 miles as in the Artha´saastra and for nimisha.
The measures of time are thus defined in the Puranas:
15 nimesa = 1 kastha
30kastha= 1 kala
30 kala = 1 muhurta
30 muhurta = 1 day-and-night

A nimesa is therefore equal to 16/75 seconds. It does come very close to the correct figure of 186,000 miles per second.”

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I am pretty sure we dont know our own history instead of me coming to conclusions and shoving it down your throat I would wait until the day when we can unearth our own history. Well in fact someone has already has some piece of information right there for you.....

Reply from Leonardo1

CODE SNIPPET:

ou may want to add that, you may not be able to keep yourself from adding that, but that doesn't make it true. No one in India even knew how to write in 5000 BC, much less solve matrix equations, or whatever you're getting on about here.

Unfortunately that is what we are led to believe .The Indus valley civilization is actually older than was thought earlier[ and is perhaps as old if not older than the Egyptian civilization]. Also they did have a writing system even way back in 5000 BC as is evident from the Harrapa and Mohenjedaro seals. I was also quite surprised to know that the speed of light is actually cited in the Rig Veda....Ostensibly our understanding of what we refer to as history continues to evolve.

"The hymn 1.50 of the Rigveda on the Sun, says
[O Sun] you who traverse 2,202 yojanas in half a nimesa.The usual meaning of yojana is about 9 miles as in the Artha´saastra and for nimisha.
The measures of time are thus defined in the Puranas:
15 nimesa = 1 kastha
30kastha= 1 kala
30 kala = 1 muhurta
30 muhurta = 1 day-and-night

A nimesa is therefore equal to 16/75 seconds. It does come very close to the correct figure of 186,000 miles per second.”

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Ashcool007]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
it sends the imagination running wild to think what could be hiding under the worlds oceans. i very much enjoyed the post consider this thread flagged.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This page says the eltanin antenna is a sponge... as does wikipedia.. not that wikipedia is always right.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Some great info and pics.. Very nice.. The irony is, one day in the future someone may be looking at our remnants from our civilization under water in the same way. Considering the actual time line of these objects in comparison to earths time line, the submerged artifacts are really not that old and shows that the earths face changes very fast. Interesting Thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
cool post OP, i enjoyed most of the pictures. some of them are hard to make out what they are though. this only furthers my belief in the fact taht aliens had something to do with the civilization and cultivation of people; at least to a degree. the reason i say this is because as i was reading i began skimming through the images ahead (so id know what i was reading about) and found myself thinking 'hey those look like ancient mayan pyramids' but as i read on i learned that they are all the way in japan! quite strange once again, these cultures are thousands of miles away and have nearly identical structures.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

This links seem pretty legitimate, and fully backs the investigation and discovery of an ancient civilization in the Gulf of Cambay.

www.archaeologyonline.net...

What pictures don't correspond? The picture of the beach? The diver? The underwater structure? Or the drawing which is obviously an artist's rendering?

You haven't debunked anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by poisonedYouth
cool post OP, i enjoyed most of the pictures. some of them are hard to make out what they are though. this only furthers my belief in the fact taht aliens had something to do with the civilization and cultivation of people; at least to a degree. the reason i say this is because as i was reading i began skimming through the images ahead (so id know what i was reading about) and found myself thinking 'hey those look like ancient mayan pyramids' but as i read on i learned that they are all the way in japan! quite strange once again, these cultures are thousands of miles away and have nearly identical structures.

I also observed that! The main temples at Tikal are IDENTICAL to the one off the coast of Japan.

Exactly alike, very distinctively so. Here's a photo and article:en.wikipedia.org... Absolutely identical.

Excellent post!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join