It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fired For Calling Watermelon Obama Fruit

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

Oh you have black friends and had relationship with black girls, which means you're not racist. That's original. You are a racist. It's clear to anyone who isn't racist.

I guess I'm racist too then, I've read all the comments this poster made in this thread, and I didn't see one single sign of being a racist.

Also, I do not know of white racists that have black friends and date black girls, that would go against the very definition of being racist.

What is clear is that you are knee-jerking and engaged in brainwashee politically correct whining.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by IvanObanion

here comes another guilt trip served with a side of idiocy. how about you go a little further back in history to the time when blacks had white slaves. i bet you won't be figuring that into your little equation will you?

or what about the 700,000 white indentured servants sent over from england to build the colonies?

i s'pose that won't fit into your world view either. and let me guess, you're white right? just another white person fed to the teeth with guilt. you've already derailed this topic enough begging for attention. give it a rest.

the watermelon comment was not racist, it was bigotry plain and simple. however at a workplace it does seem to cross the line. the blacks and mexicans will be jsut as racist/bigoted behind closed doors and hold grudges against whites. it's human nature. get off your high horse and quit slopping up all this white guilt. it's really really stupid.

When blacks had white slaves....tell you what, when that country with a majority black population that had minority population white slaves becomes a massive superpower and whites are living in ghettos and on reservations, call me, and we can discuss it then. As it stands, this is the way it is now, and it is because of the way it was then.

Maybe if more whites did feel guilty, we could actually move to a reconciliation and get over this shameful display of justification of racism.

Also, please explain how the watermelon comment was "bigotry" but not "racism". That should be a doozy.

By the way, not that it is any of your business, but Im mixed race. SO take your "white shame" talking point elsewhere.
I'm sorry for what my ancestors did to someone else's ancestors. I mean it, I clearly had control over what happened, but I didn't do anything. I regret it every day. I mean, I, a person born in the late 20th century, let something in the early 20th century happen. I'm also sorry for letting Pearl Harbor happen. And Japanese Internment Camps. Oh, and the conquering of this country, I'm especially sorry for that. So, did I miss any other historical American brutal events that for some inexplicable reason I was responsible for? Also, you're right, blacks were the only people who were ever slaves, you will not find any other race on the planet who has been enslaved. Nope, not a single one.

Concerning your other post on racial humor not being humor, really? Here's the difference between racism and racial humor: Racism is meant to hurt whereas Racial Humor (and here's where the humor part kicks in), is meant to entertain.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EminenceofAeon
One thing I believe some of you are in the dark about is that minorities today have to deal with things called microaggressions.

Try not being taken seriously, no expectations of being great or suceeding (therefore teachers dont put effort in teaching you to be the best you can and settling for barley passing - because you aren't going to be able to get it anyways... right?), probably living in a poor environment, and seeing stereotypes of how you are 'supposed' to behave on television.

People will treat you as though you arent as smart as 'normal people' and if you prove them wrong, they act surprised...which they aren't prepared to hide. They will call you 'one of the good ones' or 'not like the others' or even tell you that 'you speak very well!' in a condensending manner if you happen to be so lucky to be able to break out of the shell.

Also if you are able to break out of the shell you have to deal with the members of the same race as you being angry at your daring to act any different than what they believe their race is supposed to be like. The audacity to not conform in any group has consequences we all should be aware of as we are conspiracy theorists.

Going through things like that throughout life will make a person wonder if there is something wrong with who they were so unlucky to be born as... and in turn become bitter.

Some will fight back ( hence the one word can start a fight comment somebody here mentioned) while some laugh nerveously hoping for acceptance. Some will just get depressed believing in what was indoctrined in thier psyche and that they will just be only able to be 'welfare moochers'. There are other reactions that could happen as the human they are tries to adapt to the situation they were born into.

This is why stereotypical / racist / prejudiced jokes are not okay. It's not just about the past that some of you violently spew 'YOU had nothing to do with'... The indoctrination of being inferior has to stop somewhere. This is also why they hurt... its a reminder of the 'situation' they were oh so 'unlucky' to be born into and most likley reminded of every day of their miserable pathetic lives.

YES these microaggressions are THAT common if you actually venture out into the world.

edit to add:

No I don't think what is being asked of you is to feel guilty- just some sensitivity and common courtesy and respect.

(forgive spelling errors its late at night and I'm tired)

[edit on 23-7-2010 by EminenceofAeon]

SOB.....EXACTLY how I feel about scoiety and the way it treats me.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

i have to say im perplexed and confused,

so its o.k to joke (make fun of) only if it appeals to a certain demography
and it must be "hip" ?

but thats oppressive aint it ?

its like saying a banana is only a banana if it has a certain ratio of curvitude

come on, at least tell me what you thougth of my two jokes

or can any other data be drawn from the melon joke besides oppression and airhead"ness" ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

That's rediculous. Everybody knows that Obama's favorite fruit is the Kenyan moonga moonga, the basis for what we know today as the moon pie.......................What? you didn't think they were made out of moon did you?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

i have to say im perplexed and confused,

so its o.k to joke (make fun of) only if it appeals to a certain demography
and it must be "hip" ?

I am no longer sure you are even attempting to read what you reply to. I have no clue how you develop your conclusions for the words I use at all.

but thats oppressive aint it ?

Not even sure what it is in order for it to be oppressive.

its like saying a banana is only a banana if it has a certain ratio of curvitude

come on, at least tell me what you thougth of my two jokes

If you have to beg someone to respond to a joke, how funny do you think it was?

or can any other data be drawn from the melon joke besides oppression and airhead"ness" ?

Get a grip. No one has been able to explain how "Obama fruit" relates to calling someone a melon head. The historical context of watermelon and blacks as a racial issue has been explained quite well. I do not know what you are reading or responding to but stop replying to me until you can make a little sense in relation to what you reply to, please.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
firing the man only justifies the stereotype that melons are a black fruit. In this situation it sounds to me like racism was created to justify the stereotype, which they try to deny. would the man have been fired for having a sandwich with biden mayo, etc...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
firing the man only justifies the stereotype that melons are a black fruit. In this situation it sounds to me like racism was created to justify the stereotype, which they try to deny. would the man have been fired for having a sandwich with biden mayo, etc...

What is the historical context linking mayonnaise to the oppression of white people?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
what is the historical context of linking watermelon to oppression? lets get real this is just a stereotype that was used to claim the man was racist. I was just using the example off of white and nerdy by weird al.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
what is the historical context of linking watermelon to oppression? lets get real this is just a stereotype that was used to claim the man was racist. I was just using the example off of white and nerdy by weird al.

So you have no interest in actually reading this thread. You just wanted to jump on the bandwagon of defending an idiot you do not know?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There are 209 (10 now counting this post) and 11 pages.

You really expect anyone to read this whole thread from first to last?

Not many people have that amount of time so get off your high horse and just explain whatever it is you think he didn't read.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Those words just wouldn't come out of my mouth, i mean seriously? I couldn't believe this guy even said something so stupid, since when is watermelon "Obama Fruit" anyway; I mean that's clearly a racist remark. Same as calling watermelon a "black man's" favorite treat, I mean COME ON... this guy has to be mentally retarded.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

Yes. If anyone is going to add something they feel is insightful it only makes sense to gather all facts at hand first. You think it is better to read a title and jump in with your thoughts?

Not many people have that amount of time so get off your high horse and just explain whatever it is you think he didn't read.

Maybe they should refrain form taking the time to post ignorant things then if time is so short for them.

Is the length of this thread preventing people from reading the entire first page?

Are you saying that you and others are too lazy or just cannot handle reading the whole first page of this thread?

[edit on 7/23/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Keep it up evil, your dueling with the other posts is keeping me quite amused. I absolutely agree with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

He asked for the info so either point it out to him, copy and paste it on this page or ignore him.

Either way stop being an a hole about it and show him the information.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
He's an idiot.

In this day and age, you just don't say things like that in the work place or employer functions.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Hope I'm not amusing you to much as I agree also that he is an idiot and should be fired.

But you and evil already knew that didn't you, after all I did post it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He asked for the info so either point it out to him, copy and paste it on this page or ignore him.

I already stated it is on the first page of this thread. If you do not have time or energy or mental capacity to read the first page of this thread, why are you taking all this time to bicker with me for some other poster?

Either way stop being an a hole about it and show him the information.

Listen, mam. If your son cannot find the first page on his own, send him to me himself to cry about it, ok?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hey, instead of that, how about tracer7 gets off his high horse and bothers to read a thread before claiming there is no historical reference?

But since that's unlikely to happen, here's some educational material, y'all:

www.authentichistory.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join