It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard confirms two Gulf oil spill clean up workers have died [Plus Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
WOW! Here's one that seems to have slipped by the ATS nets! I have the feeling that this story has been published here under a different title, but the actual title to the two articles I reference to this threads title were not found in an ATS search - so please excuse me if you've posted this already - Should like to suggest you follow protocol and include the actual news link's true title if you did!

These Two News Websites, CBS and the Examiner... both posted reports on this subject:

US Coast Guard confirms Two Gulf oil spill clean up workers have died

US Coast Guard confirms Two Gulf oil spill clean up workers have died

and have included the video to the claim made by thier report's title

US Coast Guard confirms two Gulf oil spill clean up workers have died

One person who was named in the report is George Jackson. I couldn't find the reference to the second person reported to have died.

This report was published in JUNE !!!! Just wondering how many more have been reported to have died, and who hasn't been reported...

The US Coast Guard is reporting that two of the workers involved in cleaning up the Gulf oil spill have died.

As of June 11th, 71 oil spill clean up workers have been hospitalized in Louisiana, due to exposure to vapors from the toxic disbursants.

Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told the Daily Beast, “"We're very concerned about the impact of the disaster on the public health of people in the gulf region."

CBS News reports, “Seven weeks into the oil spill crisis, there is still confusion and uncertainty about how to protect the people cleaning up the mess. Commercial fisherman George Jackson was overcome by fumes while inspecting boom; BP gave him no protective gear.

Earlier in the crisis, BP CEO Tony Hayward attributed the sickness of clean up workers to
“food poisoning,” despite suggestions by medical experts that the symptoms of food poisoning are very different from findings from exposure to toxic chemicals.

No details have been released about the deaths of the two clean up workers.

Wait another 6 months... you'll be hearing about all sorts of deaths....

[edit on 7/22/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
After finding out the details on the clean up workers from the Exxon Valdeez incident, and after seeing Obama's preformance in the gulf, and knowing that all those presidential campaign contributers sold huge blocks of BP and short sold ALL the rigs in the gulf just prior to the actual blow out, this type of thing is sadly, to be expected.

These clowns laugh at death...as long as it isn't there own.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Was posted here. One of those was a suicide.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thats Sad wonder when someones going to do something about this!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Add two more murder charges to the on going list. I am amazed that there still allowed to continue with this sham without investagation

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Having just seen Capitalism: A Love Story, I have to wonder if BP (or whoever *is* in charge) bought Dead Peasant insurance for the clean-up workers. It would make a lot of sense from their sick, money-oriented perspective: these are healthy young men, signing up for a job that is guaranteed to kill them, probably within a year's time. Even after they sign and issue all of the paychecks, BP would be waiting to collect millions to make up for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
u would think they would give them some kind of safety gear to protect them

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i know people gotta try to make a living but, maybe they should've chosen a differnt career, you know who should be cleaning all this # up? the feds, the swat that went to the oil rigs, BP owners, espically the #er who was racing,

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
naaa... this administration has proven itself complicit towards the issues that will ultimately protect BP.

This administration has proven itself to be beyond a failure in American Government, it also represents the utter flop of American History, American Cultural Values, American Legacy and American Trustworthiness.

These people will for the most part be deadin a year and the government can then harvest the 20 billion in BP Slush funds.

I'm so disgusted by this Administration. It really makes the bile rise up in my throat!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by teddster86

The reason they don't give protective gear to them is because then the rest of the world would know what we already know and that is this spill is bad really bad and toxic. BP is trying to play down how bad the conditions are that these cleanup workers are working in. I guess they figure if they make it look like the conditions are not as serious then people will believe them and why not they see it on tv and we all know tv don't lie.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KilIuminati

Yes maybe they should find a different way to make a living only problem is this is the only way of life most of these people know. Commercial fishermen that are losing the only thing they have done probably since they were teenagers and even some earlier then that. When you have been doing nothing but fishing all your life that is all you know and do. Alot of these people go back generations of fishing and it really scares them to know they may not ever be able to go back to that job they love to do. There are not alot of companies out there looking for people who only know one thing and that would be fishing. It is going to really get interesting when all this starts to wind down and these people that are working now have no more work to do where are they going to go and what are they going to do.

edit for spelling did not use my spell checker.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

new topics

top topics

join