It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* 1962: Katanga, the UNtold story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is a documentary (from 1962) with foreword by G Edward Griffin. Right or wrong, it gives another point of view in regard to the Kongo Crisis. Among other things it tells a story that we've seen later on in Zimbabwe, the harrasment of white settlers (in Congo, Belgians).

I don't claim to agree with all that is said in this documentary, but I will say this; I know the New World Order and corrupt politicians have a way of twisting history to fit them. The least we can do for what once was Katanga is give their point of view of the Congo Crisis.

Enjoy.

Google Video Link

I wasn't sure where to place this thread, but I figure this was the best place. If not, feel free to move it.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Watching the Video ATM but I wanted to post quickly to say that I have a friend from Zimbabwe who, along with all of his family, says that the situation in his country is one brought about by "white imperialism" and is most definitely NOT the fault of their president, Mugabe.

In their opinions the media in the UK especially has lied through the teeth about the current situation there and that the main reason why Mugabe is still in power is because he is seen as a champion of the people. They believe he is one of the few politicians to stand up to the meddling hands of Western powers and has the backing of many more of their citizens than the mainstream media have led us to believe.

I don't know how much of it to take as fact but they are good, reasonable people and I trust their judgements.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dookzor

Well, I've seen more than once how the Mainstream Media demonize good men and make saints out of demons, so I shouldn't really say with certainty that Mugabe is a bad man. The fact is, to his people, he was, at least once, a freedom fighter.

And the fact is, he's dealing with the fallout of the end of one of the greatest white minority rule-nations of the Colonial era in Africa - which isn't an easy thing to deal with, as we can see still both there and in South Africa still, not to mention in DRC. It leaves a lot of room for failure, which in turn, leaves a lot of room for criticism, whether justified or not.

Edit to add for clarification:

Of course, Mainstream Media is experts in using such opportunities to shape the news.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by David_Reale]

join