It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea warns US exercises threaten region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

NKorea warns US exercises threaten region

hosted.ap.org

HANOI, Vietnam (AP) -- North Korea warned the United States and South Korea on Thursday to call off military exercises scheduled for this weekend and to back off any new sanctions against the communist country or risk placing the entire region in danger.

The warning issued on the sidelines of a meeting of Southeast Asian nations in the Vietnamese capital, Hanoi, came as tensions on the peninsula simmer over the sinking of a South Korean warship that killed 46 sailors. The North was blamed for the attack, but has denied any responsibility.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I haven't figured out the game being played yet... It seems to me, if they wanted war with NK the sinking would have been their opening. There is a different game being played here. Maybe public opinion was not behind attacking NK... Or maybe this is just a diversion.

Looks like Kim is smarter than he puts on.. He is calling for talks, this in it's self, makes it hard for the US or SK to attack.. They need the situation to be initiated by the North.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just last month Kim said sdanctions equals war. Well the US placed sanctions on them yesterday. Now the big military exercise is scheduled for this weekend. Looks like US/SK are callling NK's bluff. My guess? NK will do nothing.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

join