It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges over G20 man's death

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The guardian news ticker is saying that this copper has been charged with gross misconduct. More details to follow soon.

So, if these charges are now being brought forward. (which is IMO a stab at trying to quelle protests on friday) then why was this not brought up in the orginal case?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

alternative link from the beeb.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Having just been made aware of this i thought i had better share it with you guys,. It states here that the very same murderer has already been in trouble twice for aggressive behaviour.

www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/7905549/G20-riots-Policeman-who-stuck-Ian-Tomlinson-faced-two-previous-aggression-inquiries.html< br />
[edit on 27-7-2010 by chaztekno]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
Having just been made aware of this i thought i had better share it with you guys,. It states here that the very same murderer has already been in trouble twice for aggressive behaviour.

www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/7905549/G20-riots-Policeman-who-stuck-Ian-Tomlinson-faced-two-previous-aggression-inquiries.html< br />
[edit on 27-7-2010 by chaztekno]
well pointed out, and purtinent to the case. He's being investigated for 2 violent incidents, and yet he's allowed back into the met to police protests. (aka, to kill again) What does that say to you? I know what it says to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, I got there late, but it was a very poor turn out. Had missed the initial protest by the looks of it, and it had moved to threadneedle street. By the time I'd got there, there was about 40 people standing by a banner (# the law not the poor, it said) and a bike with a stereo on it. Nearly as many police
Rather subdued afair from what I made of it. shame, but there you have it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Well, I got there late, but it was a very poor turn out. Had missed the initial protest by the looks of it, and it had moved to threadneedle street. By the time I'd got there, there was about 40 people standing by a banner (# the law not the poor, it said) and a bike with a stereo on it. Nearly as many police
Rather subdued afair from what I made of it. shame, but there you have it.

Well played for actually going though, Acidtastic.

40 people isn't many, I looked into going but it turned out to be virtually impossible due to distance and a situation with my kids. Was Mr. Tomlinson's family there? Was the media there? I'm amazed there was so few people, and disappointed.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Nice one for going Acidtastic - shame i'm too far away and literally have no money, although i'm showing my support via social networking and informtaion gathering etc.

Kudos to you.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The General Medical Council, GMC, today ruled that the pathologist who carried out the first post-mortem on Ian Tomlinson and stated that he died of a heart attack unrelated to the assault he received from a police officer has been found guilty of behaving irresponsibly in other autopsies.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Two other autopsies were performed and disagreed with his findings, yet his findings were used as justification for alleging that there was conflicting evidence as to cause of death and as such no prosecution of the police officer would occur.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Surely now there are grounds for appeal, I'm sure the victim's family will do so soon. The officer wasn't charged based on that pathologist's results.

Thanks for the update, Freeborn.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Update, it's now been ruled that Mr Tomilinson's death was unlawful. I'm glad that this has been acknowledged but I'm waiting to see what happens to the scumbag policeman who pushed.......no.....assaulted him in the first place. I bet he doesn't get anything more than suspension.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join