It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost got arrested, grrrr

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Ya know not everything and everyone is a conspiracy. Not cooperating with police in the most basic ways is just stupid. If you have nothing to hide, then you should have no problem identifying yourself and presenting identification. Refusing to do so makes you look like an a**hole, and it makes you appear shady to the cops.

No, not everything and everyone is a conspiracy. However, when LEO's stop co-operating with the people in the most basic ways, this is just stupid. Because LEO's have undeniably, and increasingly so, abused their authority, saying anything to an LEO who has detained you for no identifiable reason is a real bad idea. There is a reason people have the right to remain silent, and there is a reason that the Miranda text states that anything you say and do can and will be held against you in a court of law. LEO's can take the most innocent of remarks and turn it into something suspect.

Further, when an LEO sycophant asserts that; "if you have nothing to hide", take note how they almost always follow that remark with "you SHOULD have no problem...", and of course, they being sycophants of the state, they will usually assert that you look like an "a**hole", and it makes you appear shady to the cops." Make no mistake about it, if you were detained by a cop, you were detained because you look shady to them, and they all ready think you're an "a**hole".

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
What was the situation? Did you get pulled over? Were you walking down the side walk? Were you in a house or place of business? Why was the officer there and conducting an investigation? Were you suspected of something or a witness to something?

Need to fill in the story to fully understand what was going on.

In short if a police officer asked you to identify yourself and you refuse, then he/she will take you to the station to figure out who you are and why you refused to identify yourself.

My drunk roomate didn't pay for her cab, my mistake was being asked for money I didn't have at 2 am.... she had a voucher for a different cab company, so they guy called the cops, and they wondered why I couldn't pay for her...... well I don't have an ATM machine in my house, and it is TOTALLY HER responsibility, NOT mine.

I hate drunk people, what a pain in the @$$.

I am in canada.

Well technically..
If you rode in the cab without $$, you got a service you couldn't pay for.. the driver doesn't care you & her had an arrangement, he expects to be paid by those riding in his taxi.

According to you, it's her responsibility.. according to the cab driver, and police, it's both your responsibilities.

..so the police would be responding to a defrauding an innkeeper / petty theft type crime... making you a suspect.. meaning they can detain you and demand papers.

Thats said, most of all of you are wrong... if you are not free to leave you are being detained. Laws vary from state to state but while detained, unfortunately cops can "demand" ID.

Police engage wordsmithing during what is called: "consensual contacts", this is where cops swoop up on you all tactical and rather than yell "dont move".. they ask "Hey man can you come here for a second?".. "whats up tonight?, whats your name?" etc.. It's just a question, like all police questions you don't have to say a word... but if you do, you have entered into a "consensual contact" with the officer.

If you don't feel like a friendly chat, "I don't need the police right now, thank you".. from there the cops must either detain you requiring probable cause, or let you go about your business.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by Visitor2012

Basically, people, according to this fool you gain freedom by being incarcerated... Go out and exercise your "freedom" and choose to be incarcerated...

Some people have it all twisted and wrong...

Magnum

This "Fool" must be you, because I never said any of that. Do you work for the press?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

So then explain what you meant, because that is exactly what was conveyed....

and no, I'm not a member of the press... actually I am your enemy according to you, I am the overly powerful, loser in high school on steroids out to get all the bullies from my past...

[edit on 10/7/27 by Magnum007]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you don't give him your name than you can be a child malester, murdere, rapist or theif, its best to let him know you are a harmless peasant than he will give you the ticket and you won't have to go to jail.

You do have the right to remain silent up to a certain extent, you "must" identify your self to the officer, after that you can stfu if you want, he will then look up you record and charge you according to your crime or arrest you, also if you don't know your rights I suggest you just cooperate with him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join