It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propechy of the Malachy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Most know the story, Malachy had a vision in which he saw every Pope in history up until the end of time. Well, supposedly after Ratzinger passes away, the next pope will be named Peter and he will be the final pope. So if the next Pope is named Peter we have Yahtzee or if the current pope dies before December 21,2012 then we have two end-time prophecy correlations. Just a fun fact to encourage yous fellas to do a little research on the Papal prophecy's.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
So someone predicted the 2nd last pope would be named Benedict? That's not very surprising considering there's been 15 of them before him

edit: I'd put my money on John for the last pope there's been 23 of those already so it seems like a solid pick.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by enteri]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by enteri

not exactly..he claimed the second to last pope would be the Glory of the Olive..The olive branch being the Benedictine symbol..So in a way yes..but the predictor Malachy was a saint and his record is 100/100 in predicting saints. So my money is on Peter.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Wow fairly interesting, you got some links into thise or a good place to start for researching? I've been reading about the Three Days of Night, thats kinda interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

You could start here
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Thanks, I also googled and found some things to read too. Prophecies have always interested me. Specially the ones that are self-fulfilling.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So, can all of this be avoided if every pope after a Benedict makes sure they don't pick the name Peter? Seems like a pretty simple precaution to ward against the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
From what I've been reading, its more the destruction of Rome and the end of the Papalcy then the end of the world. But that could also be the translators taking it to literal.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

Seems like all the more reason to be careful when picking a name. If you're the pope who ends the world, who cares no one's left, but if you're the one who brings down the church...

I'm not trying to poke fun, though. Well, I kind of am, but I don't mean it in any malicious way. This is interesting and I've never heard of it before.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Same here, there is another thread on here somewhere that I'll need to find again, about the curch making a prophecy about the Three Days of Night, never heard of that one eather till then. That one is more scary, its about god getting so mad that he lets loose hell for 3 days and blots out all the light, and anyone outside during it, or leaves their homes, or opens or looks out their windows will be killed on the spot.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Lol that does make sense, given how literal the catholic church takes prophecies
the next pope is going to have a lot to think about.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Reading some of these I'm kind of skeptical, I might have to look more. But they seem like they are vague enough to fit, and people being people will find a connection its human nature. It is kind of spooky though, but like I said I'm kinda on the fence about this right now.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I read that wikipedia article too and I have to say usually predictions are a lot more vague and this having been around to suit for so many popes is kinda interesting.

On the other hand when you think about a person that becomes a pope.. they usually are quite old males with lots of things they have done and places they have been. It's not hard to interpret one sentence to mean something a person has done during 60~ years of their lives. When you take into account you can interpret it to be their heritage, places they might have visited, etc. etc. it becomes kinda likely to match.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yeah thats why I want to look into it a bit more, because most predictions can be worked like that and the ones that can't well usually get shot down fast just look at all the post of predictions gone bad on here

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
Most know the story, Malachy had a vision in which he saw every Pope in history up until the end of time. Well, supposedly after Ratzinger passes away, the next pope will be named Peter and he will be the final pope. So if the next Pope is named Peter we have Yahtzee or if the current pope dies before December 21,2012 then we have two end-time prophecy correlations. Just a fun fact to encourage yous fellas to do a little research on the Papal prophecy's.

Some think there could be a parallel between Saint Malachy's last eight popes...
...and the eight kings of Revelation 17:10-11.

"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

The parallel was noticed a few years ago when five had died...

"...five are fallen..."
Pius XI
Pius XII
John XXIII
Paul VI
John Paul I

"...one is..."
John Paul II (he was alive when the interpretation was first made)

"...not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space".
Benedict XVI (current pope who has a short reign)

"...goes into perdition."
Final pope predicted by Saint Malachy...

The time hack for the "five are fallen" is the serious wounding of John Paul II.
With reference to the chiasmic parallel reference in Revelation 13:3...

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:"

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hmm thats a way to look at it I never thought about that. Here is somthing I also found interesting, and I know wiki isnt a very trusted source but .

en.wikipedia.org...

The third secret is interesting, its about the devil infultrating the church and how the church will have internal conflict and cardnal agains cardnal, bishop against bishop. Sounds kinda familar with all the child molestation charges going on.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

That's amazing, I'm going to keep researching the subject..Apparently Edgar Cayce also predicted there would be one more pope after John Paul II and he would only serve a short period of time.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

I find it suspicious that John Paul II found the prophecy of Fatima to be absolutely divine, but then Cardinal Ratzinger just comes and refutes it completely.

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamour and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727 CE)

new topics

top topics

join