It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve chairman warns of 'unusually uncertain' outlook for US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke warned last night that the US economy faced "unusually uncertain" prospects, and said the central bank was ready to take further steps to bolster growth if needed.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Further step ?? hmmm let me guess....

Print more money..!!

of course

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

"unusually uncertain"

The only thing certain is that the reserve bank knows "exactly" what it is doing...

Business as usual...Screw the taxpayer...Make money for fellow bankers.

So where is the "unusually uncertain"

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Exactly - that is what I too would say it translates to. Quantative Easing Mark II is almost here.

Prepare the paper rolls. Process the cotton fields.

Load up the ink cartridges and man the printing presses.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Exactly - that is what I too would say it translates to. Quantative Easing Mark II is almost here.

Prepare the paper rolls. Process the cotton fields.

Load up the ink cartridges and man the printing presses.

you forgot:

AA-oo-gaa
AA-oo-gaa

Yup, as in "dive dive dive" or "I'm given 'em all I got capt'n".

There is something sinister about to happen. How do I know? Berny's lips are moving.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Bernanke has placed an order for 99,342 Soviet Hind Mi-24 helicopters.

You can expect your share of the loot to be delivered via para-drop shortly.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
DAMN! ok, what does Bernenke need with military helicoptors? and for what purpose! he is a financial man, not a military man, whats going on here...and soviet no less. Guess american made helicoptors or things arnt good enough for him, the backstabbing traitor*
i think alot of us already knew the futture was dim. the smart ones have learned how to grow gardens and maintain them. makes me think back to earliler this year, oh the recession os over, its all over!! what a bunch of media fed lies that was. thanks for letting us all down COrporate americaand yuo BErnenke* letting your criminal freinds kep the money they stole or printed off that money machine, while we got less than breadcrumbs.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
When this puppet Benenke talks, it is the concerns raised by his masters. The masters are uncertain now of what to do, to hold on to their ill begotton gains from taxpayers, or to invest their money again.

All I can say to them is this - its either you despicable ones start sharing the wealth now, or there will be no one left on Earth. Everyone will starve to death, including you rich folks, if you are not murdered for your wealth no matter which bunker you hide in. starving hordes will just seal up your exits and starve you inside as they starve.

Recondsider. Once the Rubicon had been reached, our fates entwined will be sealed. We are not there yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
why dont they just set the printing press to a permanent on position, keep inflating that bubble until the point that nobody is working everybody earns unemployment and then when we are rich enough the bubble will burst and we wont care so much, instead of preparing us for a burst of the bubble when we've barely gotten the smallest fraction of whats been printed.

this bubbles been growing just about a century but very slowly, if they expand that bubble at a great rate then we will all experience wealth, sure it will be a false wealth destined to crash, but only when they stop printing, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"unusually uncertain" = America is about rise up against us and arent falling for our usual dog and pony tactics.

The dog is about to turn on its master.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I concur..i think they should just leave the money machine on so everything becomes so expensive overnight almost, anrachy will be nonstop and rampant, and those responsable including those who accepted bailouts, will be hung and noosed in public...you cannot have a professional job in the real world, without accountability, and punishment*

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The point is..those of us with jobs, can be terminated/fired for doing the wrong thing, sexual harrasment, stealing. really, what ive learned in the corporate world of things, like it is now, is this is all acceptable.
aint life grand, knowing its all a pipedream*

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

The US is a coporation in every sense of the word and as you see in the news, you can be laid-off from America pretty easy. They just call you a terrorist.

The only reality in this modern world is that money = freedom. There is no other freedom to be had. At any time the PTB can come scopp you up and destroy you without a reason.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

They call him Helicopter Ben for a reason.

two lines

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Today:

Fed chief to Congress: Don't end stimulus spending

Testifying before the House Financial Services Committee, Bernanke urged lawmakers to come up with a credible plan to reduce the government's record-high budget deficits in the long run. But he said they shouldn't move now to slash spending or boost taxes in the near future.

Full Text

Translation: We'll go into rehab........tomorrow (really we will), but in the interim...wub wub wub wub wub.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
SmokeScreen !

Bernanke used that phrase to keep the public hoodwinked...

hoodwinked to the recently passed Financial Reforms
which are very favorable to the bankster & economist class..

but which the admonistration touts as the most extensive tightning
of wall street since the great depression era.

All that is 'unusually uncertain' is whether the banker class will
press to foreclose on even more property...
or keep getting their favorable 4-5% return, gratis of the FED...
but withholding a continued 80+% of monies formerly lent out to small businesses'.

Bernanke Bull is my assessment

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
When this puppet Benenke talks, it is the concerns raised by his masters. The masters are uncertain now of what to do, to hold on to their ill begotton gains from taxpayers, or to invest their money again.

All I can say to them is this - its either you despicable ones start sharing the wealth now, or there will be no one left on Earth. Everyone will starve to death, including you rich folks, if you are not murdered for your wealth no matter which bunker you hide in. starving hordes will just seal up your exits and starve you inside as they starve.

Recondsider. Once the Rubicon had been reached, our fates entwined will be sealed. We are not there yet.

Is the below article our masters reply? If it is, then they had listened, and is willing to compromise. Talk is cheap. What humanity wants are actions - jobs that can afford one to live life, and not live to work. That's not asking for much.

US Fed vows to act if jobs market flounders
AFP - Friday, July 23

WASHINGTON (AFP) - – Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke on Thursday vowed he would intervene if US unemployment worsens, amid evidence of a jobless and tepid recovery.

Bernanke, naming unemployment as the most pressing challenge for the US economy, said the Fed will return to crisis-management policies if needed.

"We are ready and will act if the economy does not continue to improve, if we don't see the kind of improvements in the labor market that we are hoping for and expecting," Bernanke told a House of Representatives committee.

His comments came hours after the Labor Department reported 464,000 Americans began claiming unemployment benefits last week, an eight-plus percent rise over the week before.

"Unemployment is the most important problem we have right now," the central banker conceded during a second day of congressional grillings.

"It is incredibly important that we get the unemployment rate down and get people back to work. It's important not just for their sake but for the future of our economy," he said.

Bernanke again outlined Fed measures that could help stimulate growth, including buying new assets and lowering interest rates on bank deposits held by the central bank.

With the recovery from recession slowing, Bernanke underlined the impact of long-term unemployment on sustainable growth.......

[edit on 23-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
All these clown are peeing their panties now because their stupid Carbon Exchange scam blew up in their faces. Taxing people to breathe? Did they really think it would fly?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Not only just that, they may have realized that outsourcing and emigrating jobs to cheap labour overseas will only end up with NO ONE buying their plasma tvs, their cars, or even loafs of bread.

Who could? With only enough to survive on living in streets and parks in the western world. Even our Chinese cousins will find it hard to survive on $100 a month.

Inflation below 4-7% is perfectly ok, for it will help to pay wages, and most important and critical of all, to ensure a company's profit is redistributed back to the ones who helped the companies.

No more must such profits be pocketed and hoarded up by the bosses. The deserve their profits with their risks and capital, but certainly not keep the profits excessively and silently. Workers TOO play a part in their success.

Edit to add : Employers and the rich must ask themselves:- Is that Ferrari every year a reward or a theft from another man's labour? Is that million dollars in bribe to corner a market while cutting corners in its production true success or an eternal haunting guilt overshadowing joys of real successes? Are the billions hoarded up a heavenly sight while hearing and feeling the electrical charges from the sufferings of fellow humans?

Maybe I would be better off talking to the wall.....

[edit on 23-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
www.philstockworld.com...

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

www.spiegel.de...=nlint

www.globeadvisor.com...

No matter where you look things dont look good. The only things that seems to be growing is my garden and my flock of quail. Many Canadians I talk to locally believe our economy is in good shape but I disagree. We lost alot of manufacturing jobs over the past few years and now the only openings are part time at the large box stores. What happens to my friends in the USA will surely follow us in Canada. I have been self employed for 12 years and see my services as of late are less attractive. I service a luxury and those are the first to go when times get tougher.

I'd rather have a coldroom full of food and not need it than have empty jars and wish they were full.

top topics

join