It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Stanley Kubrick base his Ideas for 2001 off of Disney?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hello Gang.

I've put together a little video showing the similarities of Kubricks 2001 against some Disney promotions of "Man in Space".

Mind you, the Disney stuff is older then 2001 by about 14 years. The similarities are striking I think. What do you think?

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm not surprised... 2001 was based on a lot of drawing board ideas from NASA, and the Disney films on the subject in the 50's were made with government cooperation. Disney studios was VERY involved in documenting the US's efforts in space, and had a very close relationship with them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm not surprised... 2001 was based on a lot of drawing board ideas from NASA, and the Disney films on the subject in the 50's were made with government cooperation. Disney studios was VERY involved in documenting the US's efforts in space, and had a very close relationship with them.

Hello Gazrok and thanks for your response.

I've often thought to myself that the "NASA" logo looks like Disney's handywork.
It's called the "meatball" isn't it? Not that has anything to do with Disney, but I thought that is what it was called.

Thanks again,

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yep, the one that's been around forever is called "the meatball".

The one with the cool font is called "the worm" but I don't think it's in use anymore. There's a new one too I think, though I can't recall any kind of nickname for it (and aesthetically, it's a miss, in my personal opinion)... Then again, I kind of liked the worm best. Any ad man will tell you, having a custom and identifiable font is great branding...and they had it with this.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yep, the one that's been around forever is called "the meatball".

The one with the cool font is called "the worm" but I don't think it's in use anymore. There's a new one too I think, though I can't recall any kind of nickname for it (and aesthetically, it's a miss, in my personal opinion)... Then again, I kind of liked the worm best. Any ad man will tell you, having a custom and identifiable font is great branding...and they had it with this.

The secret is constructing the logos within the dimensions of the "Great" Pyramid....Here's an example. Everything is "Scaled" with these dimensions in order to be "Trade" Marked. Nothing can be sold publicly with out being trade marked.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well the movie was based on a book.

en.wikipedia.org...:_A_Space_Odyssey_%28novel%29

That said, Stanely Kubrick is a director, and it is not uncommon for directors to find inspiration from other films... hell, several scenes from Star wars are ripped/copied. straight out of other older movies...

There is one scene in Star Wars where Luke is firing the gun on the Millennium Falcon and he gets excited after hitting an enemy ship and yells "I got it!"

This was taken from an older ww2 type movie, where a soldier is firing from an airplane, hits an enemy plane, gets excited, turns to the pilot, just like in the star wars scene and yells " I got it!"

It is not uncommon at all, for directors to find inspiration in other films, and even use/copy scenes from older films....

For what that is worth.

new topics

top topics

join