It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Leader teaches others Bishops how to steal money from the faithful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Disclaimer: this is not based on NEW information, the video is from 15-20 years ago, but the reports are from 2009.

Disclaimer2: this is a global mob, I dont know if they still act in the US, but they are still strong in Brazil.

CHURCH INFORMATION

The Church: Universal Church of the Kingdom of God

Link on Wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

The Leader: en.wikipedia.org...

Donations: 1 BILLION $ / YEAR

Good article about it: veja.abril.com.br... (Use Google Translate)

The idea used is that "the more you give, the more God gives back"

THE VIDEO

Some insider, recorded a video where Edir Macedo, the guy who started it everything and owns it, teaches the other bishops techniques to collect more money from people.

In the end, it shows them splitting the money, after one day in a church in New York.

THE TECHNIQUES

1 - Be tough: "Hey, if you want to help God, Amen, otherwise, other people will do it and God will help them"; "Donate or Hell"

2 - Confidence: "The people need to see your confidence. You need to be their HERO. If there is somebody who doesnt want to give money, dont worry, a lot will want to".

3 - Not humility: "The people want to see the Bishop fighting the devil! Do crazy moves, the people love it and get all crazy!"

4 - Schemes: Get some people to fake being poor, giving everything they have to the church as donation. After some time, make them appear like they are rich.

5 - Use the Bible: Thought some biblical messages, justify why they should donate.

THE WHISTLE BLOWER

The guy decided to record the video, simply because the Church changed their ways. "Now it was all about the money, and not about the teachings from the Bible. The reunions, like in the video, were not to discuss the spiritual side of things, but in how to get even more money from the people"

FOLLOWING THE MONEY

They used to buy TV Record. Right now one of the largest in Brazil.
And other stuff like planes, houses ... everything you can imagine.

the money of the faithful was sent to companies based in tax havens: the Investholding, Cayman Islands, and CableInvest, Channel Islands. From there, he returned to Brazil disguised as loans to persons connected with the Universal,

Article: " Why Faithful donate so much? veja.abril.com.br... (use Google Translate)

[edit on 22/7/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
if anyone have more information, feel free to post, maybe we can add later

I dont know about their actual work in other countries, but this guy (Edir Macedo) is still out there stealing money from the weak ...

[edit on 22/7/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
thats great more reasons to hate the catholic church!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
they are not from the catholic church

but, they use the bible, they are kind of ramification from, I dont know exactly the name ....

its just sad

there are people that gives them all their money, because they saw some fake ones giving up everything and becoming "successful"

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wait a minute, what did you think they were doing with all taht money anyways? It is all theft in my opinion. If there be a religion , the spirit definitely doesn't need money!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It is a division of the Pentecostal which is a division of Christianity...
It does not represent religion nor christianity as a whole.
So people give money to this guy, are they taking it from you?
To each his own.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

yeah ... since you can it means its right!!

use that in your life

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I did not say it was right or that i agree with it. I just do not see the point in once again bringing up people that talk other people into giving them money. Tony Robbins, kevin trudeau, David Icke and even alex jones all make a living talking others into giving them money. All of them say they have something special and if you do not buy in then you will never know the "truth".

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

well, this just proves you dont know about them

alex jones: you can listen to his shows for free, he encourages to post the videos in youtube and to share them

but if you want more quality, a video show instead of radio show, you could join his club, or download high definition version

its not hard to understand, and in my opinion his work doesnt have anything to do with this Church, since, the leaked video proved that they use strategies to use the people's faith in their advantaged to collect money

but its your opinion, if you think its right to steal from the ignorant, no problem ... everyone have their values and perspectives ... and I accept yours

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

alex jones: you can listen to his shows for free, he encourages to post the videos in youtube and to share them

Yes and you can go to church for free and they encourage you to "spread the word" but you can also buy alex jones' books,DVDs and t-shirts so you are in on "the truth".

its not hard to understand, and in my opinion his work doesnt have anything to do with this Church, since, the leaked video proved that they use strategies to use the people's faith in their advantaged to collect money

Is that not how every sales pitch works? How would any world wide organization survive if it was not for the money it takes in?

but its your opinion, if you think its right to steal from the ignorant, no problem ...

You keep comming out with that retarded strawman, at no point did i say it was right it is just how the world works.

top topics

join