It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Pieces of Evidence That Suggests Intelligent Alien Life Exists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Dragonfire, try the link and use your intelligence rather than embracing ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by rozetta
Got a few million years to spare?

Well, imagine putting all the components of your computer into a box (which is a lot less complex than DNA) and then shaking it. How long do you think you'd have to shake it before it assembled itself, tiny screws and all, into a fully functioning computer?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, Blueshift. Perhaps you could elaborate a little more. Your analogy of the computer parts isn't really a good one. All sorts of processes that occur in chemistry aren't present to aid the combination of computer parts in a box in the same way. Changes in temperature, concentration and acidity, free radicals, electricity, cosmic radiation, etc. This is why we haven't seen CPUs form naturally from stones. Shaking a bunch of amino acids in a jar doesn't reproduce the same conditions of the primordial soup.

Anyway, if you have your own theory, do tell!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
One of the best examples of evidence of Alien Visitation seen in art (in my opinion) can be found in the following thread and was done by a man named Antonio Campi.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
One of the best examples of evidence of Alien Visitation seen in art (in my opinion) can be found in the following thread and was done by a man named Antonio Campi.

That is indeed a beautiful picture. I don't quite know the allegory he is representing but I can say with certainty it is not Extra terrestrial life - or at least not in the sense of a UFO.

Please note - and this seems to be missed by many in here, this isn't an eye witness painting, this is important.

During the period of art in question, Churches from the smallest up to the Vatican would commission artist to paint scenes of a religious and usually biblical nature. Once complete they would be scrutinised by the priest/pope/eccelesiastical authority before payment was made to ensure it did represent the scene required. Does anyone - anyone on this thread think that at no point no one would say "well Jesus is looking good and I like what you've done with his mothers hair but WHAT THE FUDGE IS THAT DISC IN THE SKY GIVING OUT THE FRICKIN RAYS???" Of course they didn't, they didn't need to as this is the abstract representation of Gods prescence they had requested.

Is this so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is my first post, thought it should be in this thread. What I am wondering is how the world really still is questioning if aliens exist? I Think it really stems from the world not being educated in the very real situation humanity is facing, and has been facing ever since we were cavemen and before then. We are on the brink of global realization that we are not alone, in the universe, and in our own galaxy. The evidence of this is found not only quickly, but everywhere on the planet, when one decides to research into this field[Ancient Aliens]. Read any book by Erich Von Daniken and it is hard to refute it. Cave drawings from ancient times of saucer like craft are found everywhere, on every continent. These beings could very well be the missing link to the founding of every religion we continue to worship to this day, which is the only thing we still see in our modern world that comes from the bronze age, in the holy books all the religions in one way or another it says that a god came from the heavens and landed on earth, which in my opinion is a bronze age answer the same as "we seen a ufo come and land here, then it left" Even today we hear those stories, yes some of them are obviously fake, but some seem genuine, such as the Disclosure project you can youtube that. its a 2 hour long video of high ranking members of every branch in the military/nasa/government ect. all telling the stories that they have kept quiet for years, why would 400 successful people risk their jobs/lives/public image to tell the public something that would have 0 personal gain? To me that video is clear evidence. CLICK www.youtube.com... CLICK

This post is long enough for now, i just wanted to get that outta me. The things I said I have learned through simple research over the past year, that any one of you can find out for yourselves via internet. I believe the things I claimed but I would rather hear intelligent points of view, instead of personal stabs.

If one wishes to learn more about this topic I suggest watching the Erich Von Daniken movie Chariots of the Gods/reading any of his books. One learns the workings and vast amazing size of the universe by watching the series The Universe.

Here is a little to add to the topic CLICK www.youtube.com... CLICK

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There are a couple thoughts I've kicked around regarding other life in the universe which I keep coming back to. Still not sure what they're worth:

- There seems to be lots of everything in the universe - stars, planets, comets, etc. - all seemingly made up of the same kind of stuff. Is there any kind of "thing" or phenomenon that we have discovered in the universe of which we feel there is likely to be only a single example?

- Regarding Fermi's paradox, does it assume that we would be able to recognize the presence of other intelligent life in the universe regardless of it's nature? If intelligent extraterrestrial life were in the vicinity of our planet or solar system, would we surely be able to detect it regardless of its nature, or could it potentially go unrecognized? What assumptions do we make about the nature of intelligent life when we rhetorically ask, "Where are they?"

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't count the paintings as evidence of alien existance. There are paintings of god to. Does this mean he's real? What about the ancient Egypt's gods? Lots of art of them too..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
I wouldn't count the paintings as evidence of alien existance. There are paintings of god to. Does this mean he's real? What about the ancient Egypt's gods? Lots of art of them too..

True mate, but...there's a huge diference you need to account too in this matter:

- God, is trully related to the Chatolic Religion...It makes sence.

- The egypt ones also are trully related with they'r religious system.
So again it makes sence also.

- Altough UFO's, SpaceShips,atmospheric phenomena, etc, are not a true or usual part of the chatolic believe system.
This is like if you see a classic painting of Adam & Eve in the Paradise near the great tree..and sudden you notice that Hitler is there also!...It just don't fit at all!...lol.

More...in the age that paintings was created, something like that could even be seened as a blasfemy or a heretic action!
Normaly ending at the least with the destruction of the work!

So this paitings realy rise some problems not easy at all to be debunked!

[edit on 24/7/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Concerning those videos from the disclosure project, I sat through the whole lot and have some comments.

1) Pretty much all were retired US military types and from the looks of things, most likely fundamentalist religious right-wing (i.e. can't be trusted). Why no people from other parts of the world (Europe, Asia, Africa)?

2) The Q&A was mostly omitted apart from some vague hand-waving answers that honestly weren't convincing, and in fact, undermined all the "testimonies".

3) No hard evidence was presented (one man, for instance, talked about transcribing alien writing, but we didn't get to see it). It was all hearsay.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that all the contact that the entire world has had with aliens has been with the US military (or Mexican flight control).

If aliens have been discovered, crashed their vehicles or contacted others, the entire world can't even keep peace with each other let alone share in some global alien cover-up.

The reason you see more alien sightings in the US is because people are bored. You don't hear about sightings from other places because they're not bored (having their own share of hardships, e.g. war or being bullied.)

It might also have something to do with level of education (I just watched a documentary from US television which summed up what I'd imagine would take about 3 minutes of television elsewhere in about 45 minutes. I can now see why you imagine that things like evolution are "magic" with that little scientific knowledge).

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Your point about us not being able to detect or recognise an extraterrestrial presence is quite valid, imo. Given the vast distances they would likely have to travel to get here and therefore the huge technological lead they'd have on us (look at how our own technology is improving double-exponentially), I'd imagine that we'd simply not have the faintest clue what was going on. The last thing I'd expect to see an alien in would be a 60's-looking flying saucer.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

This is a little late as it replies to a page four post that attempted to debunk the Apollo "UFO" as not the booster as was the topic of the actual recording--the booster turned out to be 6k miles away--but to one of the sections of shouds that was blown off as the Apollo ship assembled itself.

A little work shows that it is unlikely that the object was a shoud part and actually more likely to be the booster as they routinely were sent to impact on the Moon (the same place the Apollo was going!). That is to say IF it was a rocket part.

The shroud was ejected from the major part of the assembly via 24 explosive bolts on the top side and spring-load hinges on the bottom side that ejected the four sections at a 110 degree angle away from the line of flight at a relative speed of 5.5 mph.

That motion would have actually reduced their velocity relative to the main body. Being thin in cross-section, relatively small and tumbling wildly, it is doubtful that the Apollo crew members would have been unable to identify any of these four parts if they somehow had become visible from the cramped windows of the capsule. Actually, they would have also inquire about the locations of the shroud parts once told that the booster was a full 6k miles away. Obviously, the concern of crew and mission control would not have ended such as we are told, hanging.... A solid resolution one way or another would have been determined.

This is not to claim that the mystrious object was a genuine UFO, but, as was mentioned in the OP, UFOs were typically seen in one fashion or another in the Apollo shots. And since UFOs DO exist, that possibility is as viable as any--even if deniable (as usually the case).

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeoDandy

The lack of physical evidence isn't an accident. Disclosure would mean we would have to take a hard look at our tribal conflicts. Society would be faced with some of the biggest questions ever asked & for the most part, governments aren't really ready for that. We might find we are no where near the top of the food chain & that is a very frightening idea. Our military would no longer be the authority. And given the military mind set it would be a tough pill to swallow.

I try to look at what's happening on the ground. In 1947 we were just out of the war to end all wars. Our military prowess was legendary. Our telephone communication system, however, was still very new. It was an extremely important military tool. After the famous news story of Rosewell broke that phone sysem was in over load. Thousands of phone calls were coming in to a system that wasn't prepared. How do you free up the lines? Make the topic a non-issue.

I've seen many things in the sky I can't explain, but am confident someone could. A few years ago I saw something for which there is no explanation. Think of a duck blind, the size of a house, hanging in the daylight sky. I don't know what drew my attention to it, but once seen, it was obvious.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Sorry, wheres that evidence again.....

Are you looking for the simple answer?

Not going to find it.

What say you spend a few hundred or thousand of dollars on books on the subject. Spend a few more thousands of hours researching what you've just read. Drive a few hundred miles to a local MUFON meeting and talk with real people that have seen the crafts and/or been abducted. The abductions are a bit hard to swallow, but then again, since the aliens are here, it only a matter of time before they would take a few samples. USe your vacation time to attend one of the larger UFO conferences, meet the former military personnel, FAA personnel, airline pilots etc and listen to what they have to say.

It's easy to believe that there are plenty of cranks on the internet, but when you meet the people face to face, you will realize that these are just ordinary people that have experienced something extraordinary. Most of them that attend only want to meet with others that have had a similar experience, they aren't writing books to make money from what they experienced, nor are they hoaxsters, because they aren't seeking anything for gain.

After doing all this, I'm sure you'll have found your evidence you are seeking.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I think that the whole gov. aircraft thing, while it can explain some sightings, is not the final answer. Modern UFO sightings have been happening since the late 40s, I believe, at a time when the government could not possibly had such advanced technology.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Not to be overly simplistic, but as someone who believes that we are the result of basic chemistry and immense amounts of time, I'd say that the evidence for alien life is all around us.

WE are here.

The fact that life has evolved anywhere tells me that it will develop everywhere.

Look at it this way...when dealing with infinity it doesn't matter if something is 1/5 or 1/1000000000, if it can happen at all then it has happened an infinite amount of times.

In the end I think we will see that the odds for life are like everything else...50/50.

Can a planet support life, Yes or No.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by [davinci]]

<< 6  7  8   >>

join