It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the school system teach education or indoctrination ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It seems that the education system gets a bad wrap in most "N.W.O" documentaries and editorials , is this bad wrap justified ?

Does the school system teach one how to think , or rather , what to think ?

So folks tell me , does the school system teach education or indoctrination ?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hm...not sure?

The only indoctrination that I see going on is biased history books, but thats about it.

I know that the opportunities throughout my public school career were always there to help develop our thinking capabilities.

In fact, I remember some teachers quite well who are true modern day Buddhas. While ahead on whatever curriculum, we would have conversations as a class directly related to whats happening in the world.

Of course, there are also ways you can breeze through and keep school at a day care level mentality. I think you are confusing stupid with indoctrinated.

FYI - I would classify my public education slightly above average, but certainly on top in regards to HAVING many opportunities available to even the brightest of kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well here in the states, the Social Studies is social engineering, the history is false and the reading and writing is sub-par. I think it's more likely we're teaching our kids not to think at all.

This is the key reason why I have pulled my kids out of public school.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have a few family members and friends that are teachers and they're primary concern is to educate their students. I have also gone out of my way to meet each and every one of my child's teachers. Aside from the Pledge of Allegiance, there is no overt indoctrination of which I'm aware.

Perhaps you could elaborate.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Whenever the government has a hand in education, it always becomes propaganda. All of a sudden there's all these "required" classes to make better students...sounds like indoctrination to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The school system is a tool for systematic brainwashing, and conditioning, designed to produce a ‘certain’ element of society, for use as free range slaves to a corporate government that they don’t even tell those they ‘teach’ exists, and why, and for what purpose, and to what extent they must serve it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Does the school system teach critical thinking , or does the system want to simply train one what to think ?

If we were to go one further one might even acuse the system of some levels of mind control .

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It is my honest opinion that the school systems teach a student what to think as opposed to teaching them how to think.

As to whether it is intentional or not is kind of pointless to even attempt to determine.

So I'm going to have to go with indoctrination, but I am not going to go as far as to say that the indoctriantion is some form of brainwashing for some nefarious New World Order scheme.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Here in Canada, I left the school system. I am 17, doing online courses so I can get a decent job in an area which I love, the far north.

Working in the summers, Mountineering in the winters. With a snowboard of course. Maybe even a parachute

In the past year, I have learned so much more than any system itself can offer. Mainly because school is to get you prepared for the system, not reality.

At least, not anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Well, considering my child is in grade school and is learning the basics: reading, writing, math, science, etc. things like mind-control and brainwashing haven't been an issue. In fact, I've yet to meet any public school teacher who would knowingly do such a thing.

However, schools in the private sector -- especially those which are faith-based -- are an entirely different matter. I know parents who send their children to such schools whose curriculum is faith-based or who home school their children for a similar reason. That could easily be construed as some kind of indoctrination.

As far as critical thinking skills go, it is my responsibility as a parent to make sure that my child develops these skills by taking a proactive part in his education. So, that hasn't been an issue either.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
the teachers dont know it them self , or at least a portion of them are in ignorance and just do as they where taugth to teach which is not educating or encuraging towards education but indoctrination , tear it down and build it up.

I fougth one year for my son to get propper education ,
in the end we had to home school him for him to be at the same level as the "normal" childern at his age.

its one thing to be a nanny
its an other to be a teacher

you shape the education according to whom you teach it to, if you cant do that as a teacher then your nothing but a jukebox of intellectual propaganda.

one lesson i still value from school after all these year is :

always ask if you dont know
always ask if you know

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Honestly, the sheep will always go one way; the wolves another. Sorry for the cliche metaphor, but let's be serious.

amirite?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust[/

As far as critical thinking skills go, it is my responsibility as a parent to make sure that my child develops these skills by taking a proactive part in his education. So, that hasn't been an issue either.

Very interesting you mention that , I have to wonder just how often the opposite is true , where the child is the one coming home and teaching the parent ?

One can see this first hand wih the environment / green movement .

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
1.Confusion
2.Class Position
3.Indifference
4.Emotional Dependency
5.Intellectual Dependency
6.Provisional Self-Esteem
7.One Can't Hide

From an article titled "The Seven-Lesson Schoolteacher",these are the lessons primarily "taught".

www.informationliberation.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Very interesting link

One can see how this is instilled , wether intentional or not .

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

exelent read

s

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Really they don't say the pledge of allegiance at your children’s school? They don't draw Turkeys for Thanks Giving or Santa for Christmas, or Leprechauns or four leaf clovers for St. Patrick’s Day?

They aren’t taught a hierarchy, that the Principal is in charge, and the Vice Principal is in charge of discipline, and that the Teacher runs their individual class?

They aren’t required to be there at a certain time or attend a certain number of days? There is no regimentation in the school, lunch is served at different times, school ends at different times, they aren’t given rewards for good behavior and excellence, and they receive no discipline for bad behavior or failure?

They are in fact being indoctrinated into a system that will over the coming years frame their reality and perspectives in very rigid ways.

Are they taught certain things don’t exist, like say psychic abilities, telepathy, and other paranormal things, are they taught certain things are bad?

Yes in fact they are being programmed and regimented already.

Now ask yourself this, are the children being taught individually based on their unique talents, and abilities, and skills, and interests, or are they being taught in mass in a class.

Did you go through the whole twelve years yourself, where you learned not to question the entire process, and to believe it is perfectly normal?

Think about it please, no answer required.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The purpose of primary and secondary education is to produce a to z and 1 to 10 capable(albeit just) worker bee drones for corporate slavery.Along the way we find a few that can throw a football or a curve ball to be siphoned off into the sports entertainment industry.Rote learning and regurgitating what the teacher says are the focus of pre-tertiary education.I was not encouraged to think or analyse before University.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh, please!

There are rules and hierarchies in just about any system, take my household for example. Otherwise, there would be chaos. So, yes, there are certain structures in place to maintain order and keep the system running.

Are they taught certain things don’t exist, like say psychic abilities, telepathy, and other paranormal things, are they taught certain things are bad?

I can personally attest to the fact that my child has checked out books on a few of these subjects from both his public school library and our local library. So the information for those curious tykes is available.

Now ask yourself this, are the children being taught individually based on their unique talents, and abilities, and skills, and interests, or are they being taught in mass in a class.

My child is part of a larger class. When he surpasses the current level that is being taught then he is given special assignments to keep his mind active or allowed to participate select activities that allow him to learn at his own pace.

...Now allow me to ask you something.

Do you feel there is a better way to educate children within a public school setting that doesn't require rules or hierarchies or an expectation that children report to school at a certain time for a set number of days?

If so, I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It’s possible if you contemplate the subtleties a little further you might reach a conclusion that many of the dogmas are reinforced through things that children are taught in school. For instance, no your child can’t pray in school, but they can draw a shamrock on St. Patrick’s Day, but who is St. Patrick? A religious figure!

The examples are endless when you begin to think about them.

Now having said that to answer your question, I am self taught, the last grade in school I was allowed to attend was the eighth grade, which I did not complete.

Why exactly do you feel there must be a hierarchy to society that people must adhere to at all times?

Do you fear people can not govern or make wise decisions for themselves?

Would you say our government governs well, or makes wise decisions for us?

Do you consider yourself first and foremost a human being, or would if someone asked you; would you describe yourself as an American?

In reality a shared identity is being indoctrinated one that will lead to 50 plus percent of their eventual income being taxed by the government and various insurances designed for further profit of corporate interests.

This identity being instilled will be used and manipulated to ask for them to support wars and murder of other human beings, tens of thousands of miles away from your happy home, often those people being ones who have never done anything bad to you, anyone you know, or anyone at all.

Only a handful of people will profit off of this, and no one but those people will be more secure or better off for it.

Experience is the best education, mentoring people along lines they have a genuine interest in is the best education.

Creating an environment that is conducive to self expression, curiosity, and exploration at an individual level is the best education.

Well, unless you like giving up 50 plus percent of everything you own, and supporting a culture of war and scarcity, and corporate rights and rule over the individual, and a belief that you owe an unplayable debt and never ending allegiance to the state, as God the ultimate authority.

Standing outside the box you see everything that goes on in the box, sitting inside the box, you see only that narrow point of focus your attention is being diverted too.

The school system is systematic indoctrination into a political/religious/economic class system, where the vast majority of people will be educated only to the point of functional illiteracy by design for the purpose of exploitation and taxation.

Yes its a hard thing to admitt but face it, it's a hard world to live in too!

There is a reason for that and it starts in school!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join