It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy about conspiracies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yet again, a thread discussing the actions of moderators and the quick closures of certain threads has been... you guessed it... closed.

just as i am sure this one will be too.

but in the hopes that perhaps moderators can stand a little criticism and this site will truly allow open discussion...

topic of discussion is:

Should there be a change to policy to make it so that there are multiple mods that have to agree to close a thread?

and

Should mods be up for review as per the scrutiny and feedback from the forum member body?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
they closed after I posted this ... yet again

sent: 13/7/10 at 19:17
It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, Why "ATS = Intelligence gathering? Possible conspiracy??" was deleted? which was originally posted in the Board Business & Questions forum, to the Complaints forum. SkepticOverlord has initiated this action, and included this message about it:

It was removed because the basis of the thread contained several poorly-acquired assumptions, based on idea that were easy to research, and thus contained far too much false information about ATS.

Your thread is still available here,

This U2U was automatically generated when your thread was moved, please contact SkepticOverlord (by replying to this U2U) for additional information if you have any questions about why your thread was moved.

you cant post about the possibilty that ATS sells information about the user pattern of usage ... because, for them, its like I talked about a FACT

but we can post here against google or ...

ATS is a business ... not everything is allowed

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
LOL I was just responding to that thread and when I pressed "reply", it said I was not permitted to read post...

I was "agreeing" with a mod about all the serious subjects being on ATS--not humor.
Serious subjects like:
-- "My girlfriend is an alien"
-- "My dad is a shapeshifter"
-- " Those aren't rocks on Mars, they are obviously sheep and goats!"
-- "Australia has moved, because I CAN'T be the one that's wrong"
-- "I am the beast"
-- "I am Gods chosen prophet"

And so on with all the very "serious" subjects here on ATS as opposed to BTS.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i dont see why we cant have a little more say on the censorship that goes on here...

you would think that if this is a business or a free thinking forum, that there would be an interest in the morale of the members, afterall, having members is not gauranteed...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I used to be a mod on another forum and it's a job without a lot of benefits. You've got a lot to keep an eye on and have to make judgment calls that are based more on established rules and less on your personal opinions. It's easy to become a little cranky when you're dealing with posts and posters and I think that'd only get worse if cases had to be reviewed by more than one person. Instead of just doing something, you have to wait, make your case, let others make theirs and even then the decision isn't going to please everyone.

I'm not saying that ATSers shouldn't be able to voice their opinions about mods or their actions and I'm not saying that mods should get to do whatever they want. Mods are there to help facilitate discussion by keeping the board clean and to get rid of those who muck up the discussion, they're there to serve the board and the posters. Ideally, they have everyone's best interests in mind.

Maybe instead of some kind of review process, there could be an archive forum of dead/closed threads. That way, a thread is still there, can still be pointed to, but is out of the active discussion. A reader could contact the OP for more info or contest the closing to someone.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm saying, "MODS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THEM!!!!" I'm just saying that adding more parts to the modding apparatus won't necessarily help it run smoother.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

This issue has been addressed several times.

Freedome of Speech, ATS, and the Ending the Eternal September

If there is an issue regarding this site we have a thread for that as well:
The ATS Issues Thread

Please discuss your concerns and suggestions at the above thread. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join