It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blackout from Gulf of Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I figured I would start a new thread on this.

There has been talk as to how bad the "media blackout" from the Gulf of Mexico is. Well I just saw this graph on Google news and it is quite astounding in my opinion. This first screen capture is only a search of the last 30 days on Google trends for 'Gulf of Mexico oil spill' and notice the decline since June to almost zero:

This graph I saw today just a few minutes ago on Google news. This one is much more dramatic, but only shows from July 14. It shows a steep decline to actually near if not close to zero (this graph looks more like zero)

So would it be safe to say the MSM just doesn't care anymore? I think so..this just shows how much they don't care.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
yeah. that is the MSM for you.

Now they are manufacturing misdirection via Korea, Israel and and racist political parties.

This is the calm before the storm with that oil well IMO.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
there is a small but legitimate reason for the curtailing of free media associated with the gulf oil spill.

not that i can post here, but i am sure they will bring it out afterwards, or maybe not.

and as for you people who would think that i was making fantastic claims, i would be happy to (slightly) verify my reasonings to a mod or SO.

just be assured that it has nothing to do with trying to hide the magnitude of the spill, or the actions of those trying to clean it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the graphs DragonFire1024 - good to see someone's on the ball seeing as the MSM won't divulge anything of any worthy credence.

All I've heard on the UK MSM today regarding the GOM oil disaster, is of the impending tropical storm that's brewing. Absolutely disgusting

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.weather.com

Roy Lucksinger, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
Jul. 22, 2010 11:34 am ET

A tropical depression has developed near the southern Bahamas. Movement is to the west northwest at 15 mph.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

DragonFire1024,
What is it you think is going on down there, if not the amount of the spill or the clean up?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is insane how the news stories from illegitimate news sources say how dire the situation is in the gulf,..
Where are the peoples families from the alleged dying?
Where are the fishermen who's boats have to be destroyed cause of the "toxic" slurry that is destroying their boats?
Where is the area the national guardsmen that were there to evacuate "everyone" cause the gulf was going to explode.
Big cover up?
NO not a cover up,. it is just that there is nothing really going on..
Just a messy oil leak that requires a clean up

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
there is a small but legitimate reason for the curtailing of free media associated with the gulf oil spill.

Well, I can't wait to see what it is since I don't recall in my lifetime such a lack of coverage on any major event, and I certainly don't understand what is so secret about it that we shouldn't know unless it's our worst fears realized.

Hurricane, methane bubble, people dying, or all of the above? None of the above? We got nothin' here.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

It's not wise to sustain the intensity of the fear mongering otherwise it looses it's effect and they loose more credibility

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

I was in Grande Isle one day last week. There is a checkpoint before the bridge that advises vehicles to stop. The person I spoke with at the checkpoint said the area was contaminated and there was not a word for what BP has done. I don't know who he was working for, but I did see some Homeland Security people. Supposedly they are bussing convicts in to help with the spill. You see white tents around and cranes sitting vacant on the beaches (in the Grande Ilse vacation homes area). You see some traffic coming a going, humvees, oil trucks and such. But they would not let vehicles cross the bridge to see anything. Anyone have a telescope?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lolamae

Convicts huh?
Wow( light bulb just turns on) That is an awesome Idea..
If there is any validity to the corexit killing people then why not use the leaches of society,..
How awesome..

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hi DragonFire1024.

That is what I expected, from the MSMs.

Now, it would be a good idea to "follow the money"
and check WHO OWNs the MSMs. . .

I will do that. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster

not that i can post here, but i am sure they will bring it out afterwards, or maybe not.

and as for you people who would think that i was making fantastic claims, i would be happy to (slightly) verify my reasonings to a mod or SO.

just be assured that it has nothing to do with trying to hide the magnitude of the spill, or the actions of those trying to clean it up.

Ughhhh. Thanks for that useless information. Since you can't post it here cuz its a big silly secret why even bring it up?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I work in south Louisiana in the helicopter industry maintaining the aircraft that service the Gulf, and there is one thing we have seen before in the past . There has been other rig fires in the past and the FAA has always sent up a reasonable size no fly zone around the rig for safety reasons. But the one that is in place now is like 10 fold more than anyone has ever seen --- tfr.faa.gov... none of us mechanics or pilots can under stand why. Unless what has been said on these forms could have some truth to the matter

top topics

join