It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Brown take note: Vatican's secret archives unveiled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Dan Brown take note: Vatican's secret archives unveiled

www.csmonitor.com

The name alone is enough to excite curiosity. For centuries, the Vatican Secret Archives have been regarded as perhaps the most enigmatic and inaccessible collection of documents in the world.

They contain more than 50 miles of shelves of correspondence between successive popes and some of history’s biggest names, from Henry VIII to Hitler, Michelangelo to Mozart.

Now, though, the Vatican has allowed a sliver of light to shine into this most remarkable repository. The Holy See has permitted, for the first time, a commercial publishing company to produce a lavish, hard-bound book that f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Why now? To "dispel myths"?? Gimme a break.
Hmmm, they are "eager to dispel the notion that they guard the Roman Catholic Church's darkest secrets."

Irony, much?

Oh wait, they are "the private archives of the popes" who "really don't have many secrets."

Are you effing kidding me?

Seriously, i can't even come up with any words that would do justice.

I'm sure there's a conspiracy in here somewhere, but it's a little hard to get at through all the B.S.

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I guess it depends on dark secrets. And perhaps the archives aren't the place. Maybe they keep it in file folders somewhere else.

I STILL WANT MY FAMILY DOCUMENTS.

Maybe to them it isn't much. And maybe to them it isn't a "dark secret."

Still...must be a reason why the closed the program and didn't cough them up. And they must keep those documents somewhere.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
When receiving my education pertaining restricted information I was shown a book under a glass pyramid in the deepest catacombs of Vatican City. This was the book of Fatimah. The book held a substantial part of Human history and was said to be the only copy in the world today. I was told that only 2 people were allowed to read the book if desired. The pope and some nameless person.

I was always aware of the existence of this book but did not take notice to it's existence as most of the Vatican knowledge has been altered to the point that it aligns with the vision of the Vatican.

It strikes me that these "secrets of Fatima" are just brought into existence to derail the knowledge that we have pertaining the "real" Vatican library. I honestly never heard about them till now.

I wonder if this is new information for the ATS readers or if this is common knowledge ?

Either way these letters are worthless and mean nothing in comparison with the real Fatimah

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

They will show what they want to be seen

Nothing more, nothing less..

Any REAL earthshattering secrets will remain secrets.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's rather strange.

I can't help but think the Hall of Records is located within the Vatican secret archives. I believe they found the Secret Archives in Egypt, stole the information, destroyed the place and took the information to Rome to be hidden under the Vatican.

Am I alone in this thought?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This thread deserves a bump
(second line)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Nice find, I hadn't seen this

One things is for sure - absolutely NOTHING of any worth will be released. They have 50 miles of shelved documents and they are releasing '100 of the archives’ most fascinating documents'

This is just a little teaser to quieten the people who have been asking for the release of the secret documents for years.

"See! Look how innocent and mundane these documents are. Nothing to see here, move along."

I don't buy it for a second.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We were amazed by the access we were given and the speed with which the whole project was completed,” says Paul Van den Heuvel, the head of the Belgian publishing house undertaking the task. “The Vatican is beginning to realize what an incredible asset it has.”

The tentative opening up to the outside world is also an attempt to dispel some of the myths and mystique that have always enveloped the archives.

The 30 archivists who work in the Secret Archives, in an inner sanctum of the Vatican City State, are eager to dispel the notion that they guard the Roman Catholic Church’s darkest secrets.

“They are the private archives of the popes. We really don’t have many secrets,” says Marco Grilli, the secretary to the prefecture of the archives.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
People should be happy to know that the vastness of human history has been compiled and protected for who knows how long. I'm sure the resulting book will be an excellent work.

By the way - the abusive priests were / are not pedophiles they are homosexuals.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

I've heard of the Fatima Secrets. Only thing I remember is that Pope John Paul read them, then refused to relay the message to the rest of us. Then the Vatican decided to ring in the new millenium by sharing the long-held secret, but many people called B.S. on the seemingly "watered down" version that was made public.
THEN, Pope Benedict basically admitted that what had been released was just to appease the masses by stating:

During his apostolic visit to Portugal between 11 and 14 May 2010 on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the beatification of Jacinta and Francisco Marto[37], Pope Benedict XVI explained in a rare conversation with reporters that the interpretation of the third secret did not stop with the interpretation of a prediction of the attempted assassination of Pope John Paul II in Saint Peter's Square in 1981. The Third Secret of Fátima, said Benedict XVI, "has a permanent and ongoing significance" and that "its significance could even be extended to include the suffering the Church is going through today as a result of the recent reports of sexual abuse involving the clergy".

en.wikipedia.org...

More info on Fatima just in case, for some unlikely reason, anyone ever notices this thread again:

socio-political-documentaries.suite101.com...

www.vatican.va...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I highly suspect that the really interesting reads will be kept well hidden...

Which is a shame because past lessons not learned when the library at Alexandra burned it set humanity back hundreds of years I suspect.

Will the Vatican ever release its secrets or will they burn in some future disaster before humanity can gleam an ounce of wisdom?

Korg.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

reply to post by LiveForever8

Agreed.
Personally, it seems like a no-brainer to me that they are desperately trying to draw the public's attention towards anything other than their long, sordid history of pedophilia. So desperate, that apparently even one, if not THE, of their most prized and guarded treasures has become expendable in that effort.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
People should be happy to know that the vastness of human history has been compiled and protected for who knows how long. I'm sure the resulting book will be an excellent work.

Yeah, too bad none of us will ever be able to read it

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
That's rather strange.

I can't help but think the Hall of Records is located within the Vatican secret archives. I believe they found the Secret Archives in Egypt, stole the information, destroyed the place and took the information to Rome to be hidden under the Vatican.

Am I alone in this thought?

Honestly, I've never considered that, but since you mention it, the famed Hall of Records could be anywhere from Scotland (Knights Templar), to Germany (Hitler), to France (Napoleon), to America (insert favorite presidential dictator here).

Originally posted by Misoir
This thread deserves a bump
(second line)

Agreed inasmuch as being genuinely interested in other's take on why the all of a sudden, "Hey ev'rybody! Lookie here what we want to show you now after a bazillion years of secrecy & censorship!"
For some strange reason I've got a picture in my big, fat head of a donkey following around a carrot hung from a fishing pole.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wont trust anything that will come out of the vaticans mouth,they have concealed our history from us for alot of years,that has given them a long time to create their new book of rules for us... And they will only let us see what they want us to see they would never give up the power of knowledge.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by juggalo77
power of knowledge.

Enough said.

top topics

join