It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a freaking war! Against GB, the right and FOX

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ugh! I could barely finish the OP's rant! Listen up folks:

I AM A TEA PARTIER!

College educated, bright, hard working, three kids on college, traveler, blonde, blue eyed, 5'3, 110 pounds, traveler, chef, human rights champion and I'm from Massachusetts!

So, there goes your stereotype right out the window.

I've been to one tea party, and I thought the original idea of this movement was brilliant. It's called a tea party for a reason folks---us average citizens are sick of the rules, the regulations, the bogus taxes..and I see nothing wrong with demonstrating against the unfair reality of our times.

Incidently, while I was there, guys in black cars were driving around and snapping our pictures. Freedom to demonstrate? Hogwash! I'm sure my face is sitting in a giant Tea Party file somewhere. Ridiculous.

I am a tea partier because I detest the US Government. I am 48 years old and I have watched the steady decimation of a country I once loved. I am old enough to see the writing on the wall.

Did you ever consider the fact that being a member of ATS is in itself, a form of protest to reality? Why is being a tea partier any different? You don't covet the fact that we are FREE to exercise, to demonstrate and vocalize our differences? What fascist wall did you just fall off?

I was glad when FOX news went on the air. Should we only get our news from say, the New York Times? For decades, our media has been dominated by the left wing media. Why do you feel so challenged by the fact there is now, finally, another place to get our news? One not intimitaded by the liberals who run this country?

I am a tea partier and proud of it. I will stand up and shout my indifferences to this government, to God, and to anyone else who will listen. I will not allow people like you to stereotype me for simply doing what I feel compelled to do---which is to protest unfair practices by our Government.

I am not religious. I am not dangerous. I am just a typical woman living my life. But I'm smart enough to seek change when I feel it is needed. Seriously. Why would you want to silence us? Don't enlightened people understand that change begins with yourself? If no one is going to stand up to tryanny---if they are going to be intimitaded by people like YOU, then what chance do we have to create change?

Go crawl back in the hole from whence you came.

And put the lid on. Tight.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was wrong.

I still do believe that FOX News is racist and I am skeptical about Glenn Beck on the race issue. But pretty much I proved myself as ignorant when posting this thread, but I can't delete it. I should have learned from the other thread I created without having facts. But as you can tell, I didn't learn. Hopefully I learned my lesson now.

And just to clear something up, I was NOT defending Obama or his administration on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by muzzleflash

I was wrong.

I still do believe that FOX News is racist and I am skeptical about Glenn Beck on the race issue. But pretty much I proved myself as ignorant when posting this thread, but I can't delete it. I should have learned from the other thread I created without having facts. But as you can tell, I didn't learn. Hopefully I learned my lesson now.

And just to clear something up, I was NOT defending Obama or his administration on this.

Cool man.

I agree FOX NEWS and GB are garbage though. That's why I never watch that crap. It will brainwash you with half-truths.

But in the same vein, I also detest the "other side" of MSNBC and Olbermann.

Honestly, I'd rather watch the Daily Show or Colbert Report. At least I get to laugh all the way through the show.

Nice post Misoir.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah this was one of the dark sided threads of mine. If you pay attention to my posts at all we probably disagree on most issues but I at least try and bring some facts to the argument, not just opinion and spin.

And we both agree about FOX News, but I even think it's okay to watch any msm as long as you acknowledge that they are biased and you aren't getting both sides of the story.

I know MSNBC is liberal and doesn't provide both sides, but I watch it anyway. I like to hear people tell me what I want to hear, then I enter back into reality by coming to ATS everyday and getting my news from it. ATS is for my facts and msnbc is for my opinion. Nothing wrong with that right?

I like Olbermann and I personally think msnbc is more factual than FOX, because when this whole even occurred they were even attacking themselves(msnbc) for not being professional journalists on this event. Then today they were attacking themselves again for continuing to cover a story constantly that is not that important to people. I don't know of FOX news ever criticizing themselves and their network.

[edit on 7/23/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

And we both agree about FOX News, but I even think it's okay to watch any msm as long as you acknowledge that they are biased and you aren't getting both sides of the story.

I agree completely with your sentiments here.

I usually watch the MSM purely as a way to "see what kind of lies they are spewing now" and see what kind of agenda they are pushing.

It is difficult though not to get caught up in all of it. I end up finding myself being manipulated by it all the time. Especially when I get angry, I know they are purposely making me angry and I just wish I could stop letting them get the best of me.

But hey thats life I guess. I have to just forgive myself for being a dummy and try to grow up and move on. Even today I fell for like 10 things.

Watching the media is dangerous lol. I try to strap myself down when I watch it so I don't hurt myself or anyone else. Hahaha (hope you get the sarcasm).

But yeah I watch the MSM daily lol. Hell all day long sometimes...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
so how can we get a copy of the real video where she doesn't seem like a racist, and are you saying what she said was fake or just taken out of context? Wasn't it still a little racy even if just taken out of context?

video please.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Doesn't take more than a google search to look it up? Why do others have to provide it to you?

Anyways, it was probably dumb for Breitbart or the "mysterious contributor" to show an edited video FROM the NAACP's own conference.

Shirley Sherrod NAACP Conference (FULL VIDEO 42 minutes)

It doesn't sound racy at all, it sounds like somebody who was prejudice overcoming those previous thoughts when she had encountered a thing called reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Kind of like what Obama is doing with those that are still in love with him, His "Kool-Aid" is killing your ability to think for yourself.

Silly you! Obama's "ace in the hole"s that his supporters WILL NOT think for themselves; much less think at all. They 'react' to lures of "free" this and "free" that; I've never seen a bigger group of goldfish since "Friday's" on late-night TV. ("You only hate us 'cause we're fish ... .")

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Id like to say bravo its really hard for people to admit they made a mistake especially on ATS. When i said about apologizing in actuality it was in jest(most people just continue to dig the hole deeper around here ). Id have like to say bravo and also like to say we need more members like you on ATS youve proven you can look at facts and come to a logical conclusion.And i believe you i know in the future you'll have your facts straight.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I like Olbermann and I personally think msnbc is more factual than FOX

What a load! You only think that because all the media you take in tells you FOX = EVIL and MSNBC/CNN = GOOD. You don't read any of the left wing media watchdog sites, so you have no idea how often MSNBC lies through heir teeth.

Trust me, I could fill pages with their lies and I will if you want.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Misoir, Thank you for admitting when you where wrong. I don't see that often on ATS. It means alot to see someone man up like that after 8 pages of serious dialogue.

The only thing that has me grimacing is calling FOX racist. Please elaborate..

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have to add that if it wasn't for Misoir bringing this topic up on ATS.. I wouldn't have gotten this much info about this subject. I love ATS. I get more info on here than any other media source.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Misoir, Thank you for admitting when you where wrong. I don't see that often on ATS. It means alot to see someone man up like that after 8 pages of serious dialogue.

The only thing that has me grimacing is calling FOX racist. Please elaborate..

It's not necessarily that they are directly racist, I don't think they are all out joining some KKK rally. But I think they are just reporting what will help their conservative causes and if that means throwing some racist sounding rhetoric into the debate I'm sure they are more than willing.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by Misoir

I like Olbermann and I personally think msnbc is more factual than FOX

What a load! You only think that because all the media you take in tells you FOX = EVIL and MSNBC/CNN = GOOD. You don't read any of the left wing media watchdog sites, so you have no idea how often MSNBC lies through heir teeth.

Trust me, I could fill pages with their lies and I will if you want.

Did you catch the part where I said "I personally think". I have no proof of that and so I only said I personally think.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

When I screw up I apologize. This is not my first apology on ATS, but it was definitely the one that drew the most attacks.

I was acting upon emotion, I was watching Keith Olbermann and he was saying some things that I was already thinking. I thought, if Keith Olbermann is thinking the same thing as me I must have something right. Then I immediately went onto this stupid rant on ATS.

Probably ruining whatever credibility I had left here on ATS, I love this community and I don't want to be one of those members where people see their post and immediately just move past because they believe it will be nonsense.

I tried to delete my thread, then I tried to delete my account to be honest. But ATS won't let you, so I was then thinking about just not returning to ATS because I didn't want to admit I was SOOOOOOO WRONG. But I manned up and came back and admitted I made a huge mistake. But by that time it was on the 8th page already.

PLEASE ATS COMMUNITY, I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR THIS HUGE MEDIA SPINNED THREAD. IT WAS A GIANT WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Actually this thread was incredibly useful.

It put the media's modus operadi in front of everyone. And you learned something too. So don't beat yourself up too much. Unless otherwise indicated, you are still human, and you are going to make mistakes.

Believe it or not, this wasn't a waste of time.

There's a reason I don't use any one source of political commentary. The thread in my signature makes use of Glenn and Kieth, MSNBC and Fox- Because, if we're going to find what is good for America and Americans, we have to wait till both sides are complaining about it. Then we must follow up with documentation.

Research is important, though tedious, and boring at times.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

All respect, Ma'am....you may want to be very, very careful, and pay attention as to whether or not you're being fooled...or, I should say used...as a political wedge, a tool, by the GOP.

I saw this, and immediately thought of starting a thread on it, but perhaps it best serves a purpose if people read it here, in this thread:

Dana Milbank, on -- "Putting the 'tea' in GOP?"

~~~~~

Michelle Bachmann, little-bit-of-crazy from Minnesota:

Rep. Michele Bachmann is the leader of the Tea Party -- literally.

Wednesday morning, with the blessing of House GOP leaders, the Minnesota Republican convened the inaugural meeting of her Tea Party Caucus, where two dozen GOP members of Congress sat down with a similar number of Tea Party activists behind closed doors in an Armed Services Committee room. Then it was Bachmann's job to lead the group across the street to the Capitol for an appearance before TV cameras.

(skip)

-- Tea Party activists and Republican officeholders set aside any pretense about the two groups being separate. They essentially consummated a merger: The activists allowed themselves to be co-opted by a political party, and the Republican leaders allowed themselves to become the faces of the movement.

Naturally, both protested that nothing of the sort was occurring. "I am not the head of the Tea Party," Bachmann announced as she stood in front of a phalanx of Tea Party leaders. "We are also not here to vouch for the Tea Party."

(Read full story)

***What??

[edit on 24 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Not really, considering I've seen tea party members basically bash the face open of racist in the crowd.

Also it doesn't matter who "finances" it. People still need to join on their free will. And if it wasn't doing what they wanted, they wouldn't join it.

Also lol at your banner. So you are obviously biased, and therefore... why should I believe you? What makes you different than Fox News?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by filosophia

Doesn't take more than a google search to look it up? Why do others have to provide it to you?

Anyways, it was probably dumb for Breitbart or the "mysterious contributor" to show an edited video FROM the NAACP's own conference.

Shirley Sherrod NAACP Conference (FULL VIDEO 42 minutes)

It doesn't sound racy at all, it sounds like somebody who was prejudice overcoming those previous thoughts when she had encountered a thing called reality.

ah ha ha ha ha ha

the video was edited at 20:59!!!!

So who is being more honest? You say the republicans are being racist for editing a video, and then you show me an edited video. This is supposed to make me trust you how?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
under the paragraph:

The video of Shirley Sherrod released by Andrew Brietbart's Big Government Blog on July 19 didn't tell the full story. It was selectively edited to cast her in a negative light. Here is the video, shot by the local NAACP unit that hosted Ms. Sherrod. Watch the video, and judge for yourself.

is the video from the N.A.A.C.P.'s own website

www.naacp.org...

the video is edited at 20:59

Why would the NAACP accuse the other side of editing and then show an edited video where they edit out her remarks as soon as she starts talking about race?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join