It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a freaking war! Against GB, the right and FOX

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well whoever at Fox who posted the clip. And Joe and whoever else did too. They all have a responsibility. THEY FAILED.

And we don't have to take their bee-ess. No intelligent person would.

Why all the uproar now though? The media has been caught several times recently editing footage of tea parties, so they could misrepresent and attack them. The White house has on multiple occasions jumped the gun and screwed up. Why all this manufactured outrage now?

By the way, Beck from today. I thought this particular segment was pretty brilliant. Obama often acts without having "all the facts". Relevant part starts around 4:18.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Lets face facts, people, both parties are up to the same shenanigans. Propaganda.

Its is a shame the Sherrod was fired for something so obviously malicious and inaccurate. But lets not forget that no one did seem to care enough about the truth, on either side, to fact check on their own.

We have a bunch of posturing poseurs in government and in the media. The truth is what you wipe your feet on in your search for popularity, ratings, and votes.

And as bad as that makes them, the awful truth underlying it is that they are that because we want them to be. We are the ones who reward their disregard for the truth as long as it protects and cradles our cherished beliefs and opinions in a blanket of denial.

I love these threads. All the ranting and team spirit. It always makes me think of this scene, except I doubt the last line is true, in our case.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
[edit on 21-7-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Fire Beck over THIS?

Are you FRELLING INSANE?

He backed Sherrod.

Oh, sorry, forgot.

Why actually think about anything before opening ones mouth. Kinda like our government and ESPECIALLY the White House.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Americans in general are not that informed. You as a conspiracy theorist should know that. Americans in general enjoy cheap entertainment and stimulation, and that is what Fox Provides. There is no intellectual requirement for viewing, there is no use of critical thought, and rarely is there a legitimate opposing view.

Just so you know: Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.

As a conspiracy theorist, I would have assumed you knew better. I was wrong in providing the benefit of the doubt so often.

Fox news is cheap entertainment. It is an anger machine. It is nothing that can be considered true Journalism. Shep was the only personality on Fox that refused to report on the edited snippet due to the fact that he saw that the video was only a portion of the speech, which could be used to anyone's devices.

Sleepwalkers. They are more dangerous than those who are asleep. Those who feign consciousness are merely shambling shells, mumbling nonsesne, and supporting ignorance.

Sleepwalkers....wake up

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How naive.

Fox is just the right side of the left/right paradigm as MSNBC CNN are the left side of the paradigm.

This is simple Divide and Conquer.

There is no such thing as Republican or Democrate. It is the same beast with two heads. WAKE UP
As long as the power brokers can keep you focused on race, republican vs democrate, conservative vs liberial, or what celeberity is doing what you are a slave of the system.

Throw off your bonds and free your mind.

There are only "Haves" and Have Not's" and you my brother are a have not same as me. The difference is my bonds are broken.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by brokedown]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
While you guus are beating the snot out of each other has anyone noticed What law obama signed into law today and what it entails....
Which is the whole point of distractions like this story ..which is what racism is all about these days...

Anyhow READ the Bill...
I hope the average US citizen can spot the key pungi stakes in here:
dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com...

if not I'll point out some them out here:
-No more bailouts...thats the end of what little liquidety there was...
-Financial regulatory agency under the control of the fed....fox watches hen house
-derivitives will be regulated...some time NEXT DECADE

When you see the racism card being played...
take a deep breath ...
CALM THE HELL DOWN
and take a little peek behind the curtain...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article on how MSNBC is lying out their ass about this story and editing their own footage:

MSNBC Cherry Picks, Edits FNC Clips to Claim FNC Incited Sherrod Resignation & Ignored Her Side of Story

On Tuesday’s Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC, as host Maddow complained that a video clip of former USDA official Shirley Sherrod had been edited to make it appear she currently has a tendency to discriminate against white farmers – a clip that led to her firing by the Obama administration – the MSNBC host not only incorrectly claimed that FNC coverage of the clip had helped incite her firing, but she also suggested that FNC would never show her side of the story even though, by that time Tuesday night, several FNC shows had already informed viewers of some of the details in Sherrod’s favor. And, in fact, Sherrod had already been forced to resign before The O’Reilly Factor became the first FNC show to report the story of her comments on Monday night, although host Bill O’Reilly at the time did not realize she had already been fired.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Are those the fairy tales your parents told you when you were a wee child? Are dense? The founding fathers were liberal as they get.
lib·er·al (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

source - www.thefreedictionary.com...

If they were conservative, they would have remained loyalist like most of the Georgia colonist of the day.

What am I doing, that's not even the issue in which we are discussing. We need to stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Have you ever watched pro wrestling?
That is what this is.
Fox is the bad guy for now but later on they will do something “noble” and expose another network for the evil people they are.
We have always fallen for this technique and the masses always will.
Fox is evil yes but they all are.
But they are just a front for the real evil out there.
As long as we stay in front of our brainsuckbox they do not have to worry about us.
Racism is just a tool they use to divide the ones who do not sit comfortable in front of their brainsuckbox.
As the minority who can and will fight bicker over racial divides it gives the real evil a chance to sway opinion and or plan their escape.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Fox news freely admits they are mostly an entertainment channel. You will note they list most of there programming as "opinion". They do not hide the fact that their most popular shows are not news programs at all. If people are stupid enough to think that those programs are in fact news programs giving out facts then thats their problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

If it were not for our Conservative Founding Fathers YOU would still be British Subjects, Not American Citizens!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

In factual truth it is exactly the opposite.

Conservatives were loyalist Tories. Of course: who else were in favor of maintaining the religious social and political structure of the day.

The founders of the U.S. were strongly influenced by Enlightenment philosophy, which forms the core of the liberalism. Transformative ideas influenced by ethical egalitarian humanistic study, with less regard to tradition or religion, is the core of liberalism.

Everything they were for, in their day, was considered "liberal".

Throughout history, conservatives have bitterly fought the liberals of their day, in defense of the ideals of dead liberals.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by mbkennel]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Something to think about:
This woman admitted to not doing enough to help one farmer because he was white. But what no one is asking is how many other people did she do this to as well over the years before she became "enlightened"?

www.oxfamamerica.org...

The tour also featured Shirley Sherrod, Georgia director of the Federation of Southern Cooperatives, representing black family farmers in the southeastern US, and several New England fruit and vegetable growers

amforum.blogspot.com...

Yet, we have never seen a time like this when our assistance alone may not be enough to keep many farmers on the land, especially small farmers and farmers of color.

cfra.blogspot.com...

The nonprofit also strives to assist in land retention and development, especially for African Americans but essentially for all family farmers.

www.knowledgeplex.org...

-- The Federation of Southern Cooperative's Shirley Sherrod discusses strategies for organizing a Black farmers movement in rural Georgia.

I found more examples but I think that makes the point of just how hung up this woman is on the color of someone's skin still today. Should we start a Federation of Southern Cooperatives for mainly white farmers but essentially all family's? This is so wrong and shows her bias. If she had stayed out of government jobs it would not have been an issue. Once she took gov job, she should not have pushed for one race over another. If she was white and tried to do the same thing for white people she would be crucified. This woman should never be allowed back into a position of power.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The Tea Party is a massive Right-wing racist organization that proclaims they are the true Americans, they represent average America. Yet they are overwhelmingly white, racist and ultra-conservative. They now have their own Caucus within the House of Representatives where they can further install their racist, ultra-conservative and corporatist policies that have for decades brought America to its knees!

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Misoir]

I would love to read all about the Tea Party's racist, ultra-conservative and corporatist policies! Trouble is I can't find anything...How can a movement such as the "Tea-Party" that has only been around for a few years install their racist, ultra-conservative and corporatist policies that have for decades brought America to its knees?

N.A.F.T.A Was signed by William Jefferson Clinton...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Do not confuse the changing of rules of laws with how to command those laws.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

And what the bloody hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China??? Was it intended to be jibberish, or did you actually have a point you would like to make, because you most certainly did not!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yesterday Glenn Beck devoted his whole show to the subject. Hannity opened two consecutive days with the story.

Iam unemployed right now. I watch all three major cable news outlets everyday.

Fox is the only one that pushed the topic hard. Fox is fair and balanced because they feel that the rest of the world are liberals.

Fox is a right-wing organization and proud of it.

The only truly fair and balanced program is Shepard Smith. He didn't run the story because he knows of the blogger that had the tape and knew that this persons reputation was in the dump. The blogger could not be trusted as a reliable source. Rodger Ayles has been quoted as saying his station is raging war against the left wing media.

The Republican Party gets its marching orders from Fox and Rush.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Carseller4
FOX New is the #1 rated cable new channel for over 10 years running.

They are also Fair and Balanced.

They also report the news that the others don't touch. Reverend Wright, TEA Parties, Black Panthers voter intimidation etc.

Why watch any other cable news, when FOX reports it up front from the beginning, while the others are backtracking and trying to catch up?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Carseller4]

And we wonder why America has been going straight down the toilet.

When there are millions of people just like you what else could we expect?

That would be the people that voted for Obama. They voted the country into a Marxist agenda.

People who watch fox probably didn't vote for Obama, so that WOULD actually make them smarter.

Liberal democrats make me sick and the Obama admin is a huge joke. It's all backpeddling and preaching about "fixes" that they don't even have a starting structure for.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The MSM are pushing a race war because it is the last card left in their deck of deceipt and manipulation. It actually makes me sick that here we are in the midst of a Central banking/mega-corp takeover of our country and we have to go back to the 1960's mentallity. All the media talking heads are working in tandem to push this garbage when we have the first black president that most white folks voted for. We are losing our country to a bunch of Bernie Madoff types who have destroyed our economy in the name of greed. Wake up folks...they want us talking about race when we should be talking about ending the Federal Reserve.

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by peponastick]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join