It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a freaking war! Against GB, the right and FOX

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Rinse, repeat: Right-wing media just can't stop pushing fake stories
mediamatters.org...

Your proof of this comes from a left wing propaganda site started by Hillary Clinton and George Soros! You cant be serious! All you lemmings getting raw over fox, are just as big shills for DNC backed propaganda!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
what all of you are failing to realize is that it is perfectly acceptable to be racist, as long as you aren't white. all black colleges? people getting jobs because of their ethnicity? minority organizations are considered human rights groups, white organizations are considered hate groups. remember, it's okay to have pride in who you are, as long as you aren't white.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

At least MediaMatters doesn't HIDE what they are and what they are doing, by, oh, maybe saying that they're fair and balanced? To me that alone is commendable.

Who is FoxNews trying to fool with that? Better question...who are they fooling

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Media Matter does hide what they're doing. You people constantly post them as if its a reliable source. Then when someone calls you on it, you play the "Fox/Bush/Rush/Palin/Beck did it" card.

All of you guys wagging your finger about Fox, have no high ground to stand on. You all support and defend the same sort of propaganda from your side of the political spectrum.

More examples:

ABC Skips Label for Liberal Media Matters During Shootout With 'Conservative' Andrew Breitbart

Conservative journalist Andrew Breitbart and Eric Boehlert of the liberal organization Media Matters debated each other on Wednesday's Good Morning America. But ABC only identified the ideology of the right-leaning guest. Boehlert was simply the "senior fellow with the watchdog group Media Matters for America."

See, what you people on the left do is claim to be against bias, lies and propaganda, then turn around and spin when it comes to the same stuff on your side of the isle. ABC news doesn't do the truthful thing and label Media Matters what they are. Instead they spin and call them a "media watchdog", while calling brietbart a "conservative blogger". Thats the game you guys play.

Show me ANY media Media Matters has watchdog outside of "right wing" blogs and Fox. They haven't.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Hudson, the name of this thread is "This is a freaking war! Against GB, the right and FOX."

Why do you have this expection that people have to discuss the others when the topic is FoxNews? If you want to discuss the other five or so American cable "news" networks, start a thread about examples of why you feel they're also unbalanaced.

But do us all a favor and stop going off the topic here as if somehow the fact that the others aren't perfect either somehow excuses or vindicates FoxNews.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Constantly? Please back that one up.

No. See...maybe your problem is that you don't actually research or read.

From the MediaMatters About Us section:

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

Using the website mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media.

Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Why do you have this expection that people have to discuss the others when the topic is FoxNews?

Thats the point. The topic is ALWAYS Fox News. Its just more distraction from the dozen other left wing networks. Show me one thread you've made that is critical of any other network. You wont be able to, because you never make or post in them! If you do, its to defend them as explain to everyone who MSNBC or CNN is different.

No. See...maybe your problem is that you don't actually research or read.

From the MediaMatters About Us section:

So, why does the MSM only refer to them as a "media watchdog"? Its not just them either, the media cover for ALL left wing ideologues posing as journalists. Just like the ABC clip I posted above.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Gee. Ever ask yourself WHY? There might very well be good reason for that.

We get that you like FoxNews. Please understand that and why we DON'T. Whichever media lies and exaggerates, whether you're in love with them or not, needs a watchdog and to be challenged. End of story.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
lol I would not start a war with the right.We carry guns!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by debz325

As if no one on the "left" or who you might assume to be on the left does?
See the problems with convenient little labels?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Most of the lefties I know do not carry guns,but I have seen some of them in line for there food stamps.lol

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by debz325

Wow. You appear to have some deep-seeded issues and paradigms there. My condolences.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

Originally posted by maybereal11
Rinse, repeat: Right-wing media just can't stop pushing fake stories
mediamatters.org...

Your proof of this comes from a left wing propaganda site started by Hillary Clinton and George Soros! You cant be serious! All you lemmings getting raw over fox, are just as big shills for DNC backed propaganda!

You are speaking to who funds or supports what...not the veracity of the stories.

The political leanings of the supporters of a given news source do not make the news propaganda.....intentionally false news stories is what defines propaganda.

Can you please direct me to a story on Media Matters that is false?

Until then I could give a rats ass who supports them. Check facts. It's that simple.

BTW - It would be AWESOME if there was a conservative equivelant, but given that in recent years BS seems to be an important component of the far rights policy, I am not holding my breath.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here's a short film on Media Matters. Obama throws like a girl.video.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

We get that you like FoxNews.

Where did you get that idea? I'm the only one here who consistently dislikes all the MSM. You guys claim you do, than do nothing but bitch about Fox.

Please understand that and why we DON'T. Whichever media lies and exaggerates, whether you're in love with them or not, needs a watchdog and to be challenged. End of story.

Except the "watchdog" in in cahoots with the Democrat party and MSM. In any case, you either missed the point or are purposely playing dumb.

Why didn't ABC describe them as a "left wing or liberal blog"?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

The political leanings of the supporters of a given news source do not make the news propaganda.....intentionally false news stories is what defines propaganda

Then stop bitching about Fox. What you guys do is complain non-stop about Fox, but then dismiss the importance of bias when it comes to propaganda you agree with.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by maybereal11

The political leanings of the supporters of a given news source do not make the news propaganda.....intentionally false news stories is what defines propaganda

Then stop bitching about Fox. What you guys do is complain non-stop about Fox, but then dismiss the importance of bias when it comes to propaganda you agree with.

What you are saying is that as long as someone has a political leaning...then what they are saying is BS (Propaganda)

THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

When they are BSing...they are BSing and when they are telling the truth...they are telling the truth...an (R) or (D) doesn't determine the truth of a statement....THE FACTS DO.

Forget political leanings or bias...just add up the BS.

FOX Lies...More so than any other news org. and if they are going to far and away take the lead in BSing the public they deserve to be front and center for the backlash.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hudson, do you even know what you're arguing? It's very hard for me to follow your reasoning or even what you're saying. Maybe because it's just too scattered and disorganized and self-contradicting or too constantly going off topic for me to be able to deal with with my ADD. Sorry. I won't trouble you anymore.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Your constant bashing of a News Network that consistently churns out news that this WH and their media lap dogs want the public to be unaware off, and you have something against that?

You mean like the Terrorist Jihad Monkeys trained to kill American soldiers?

Even shopped in a little 9mm for good measure.

Yikes.

FOX news is at best a Conservative OP-ED network, at worst, a fear mongering group of jingoistic clowns that carelessly broadcasts fiery rhetoric based on unchecked or simply erroneous information and designed specifically to incite their audience...NOT inform them.

It's a joke more or less, but like P.T. Barnum selling up his rare dead Mermaid (its a Monkey sewn to a fish..shhh) it can be entertaining to watch the circus.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Aren't you the guy that ran with the Sherrod story (and a few other racism against Whites threads) with the force of a freight train despite only having a few minutes of actual footage, zero context and biased narration edited in between those minutes?

Turns out that not only was the video wrong...but the "victimized" White farmer stands by Sherrod and testifies to her support when he was losing his farm?

Shirley Sherrod Helped Keep Us Out of Bankruptcy, Farmer's Wife Says

The incident in question, however, took place two decades ago, and the wife of the farmer in question told told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Sherrod "kept us out of bankruptcy."

"Her husband told her, 'You're spending more time with the Spooners than you are with me,' " Eloise Spooner, the wife of the farmer, told the AJC. "She took probably two or three trips with us to Albany just to help us out."
CBS.com

You are in no position to call someone a Lemming with a political agenda and should seriously consider holding off on any future Brietbart video overreactions.

At least wait for a week to see if he is about to apologize for what he recently released...yet again and after the damage is done to others and his credibility.

- Lee

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join