It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq inquiry: Eliza Manningham-Buller's devastating testimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Iraq inquiry: Eliza Manningham-Buller's devastating testimony

www.guardian.co.uk

In straightforward, devastating testimony, Eliza Manningham-Buller told the Chilcot inquiry how she had warned about what sensible – but mostly frightened to speak out – senior Whitehall officials believed in 2003: that the invasion of Iraq would increase the terrorist threat to the UK.

There was no evidence of any link between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida – not even the CIA believed that – Manningham-Buller reminded the inquiry as she pointed to the alternative agenda-driven "intelligence service" set up at the Pentagon by Donald Rumsfeld.

Arguably, she added, it was the US and
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've done a search and not found this posted on the site and to be honest I'm shocked as this seems massive news to both UK & US citizens.

This lady whistle blowing on the lies that the Blair government and Bush government told us was head of MI5, one of the most high profile whistle blowers I think any of us have ever seen, seeing as though MI5 is supposed to be the best intelligence service in the world, just think of what other secrets & lies she must have been privy to!

Here's a link to BBC News profile on her

news.bbc.co.uk...

Back on topic though, I really hope Blair gets called back to the Iraq inquiry and charges brought against him for deceiving not only a nation but the whole world and hopefully if Blair gets pulled up on this so too will Bush as they were in this together.

So what do you all think of this story ?

And further more what can be done if it comes to, that nothing happens and the likes of Bush & Blair can be "above the law" ?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Bush did pass laws that put him, and his cronies, and co conspiraters, and anyone who turned a profit from the Iraq war, above the law.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Bush did pass laws that put him, and his cronies, and co conspiraters, and anyone who turned a profit from the Iraq war, above the law.

Do you have any reference to those laws ?

Laws are passed through senate in the states aren't they ? If so how were these laws allowed to be passed where people can be made above the law ? Do the people not get a say via elected officials on laws like this getting passed ?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Do the people not get a say via elected officials on laws like this getting passed ?

Certainly not when every politician in Washington D.C. is bought and paid for by huge Corporations abusing their "person" status and "citizenship".

Perhaps if Company and Corporation were treated as Company and Corporation - instead of a "person" with an individual vote and [more to the point] the ability to bribe any and everyone in D.C. far exceeding ANY person alive in this nation capable of a $100 campaign contribution - we might get a government for something...ANYTHING other than profit motive. But until then, ethics and decency are RIDICULOUS precepts to contemplate, as profit motive demands their opposites.

It's TREASON, plain and simple, but nobody cares because they're ALL being paid off. For anyone wanting an analogy, you must only look to the same trend that is currently happening in the Gulf, and multiply THAT by about 50 (states), and stretch that out about 97 years.

How obvious does it have to be that this is no longer a nation of people, but of corporations run by fascist dictators with only one "motive"?

Blah blah blah right?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Those laws are only good in the U.S., not over seas. If other countries want to take them to task on this, I say more power to them, I would back them 100%. It doesn`t surprise me that Bush would do this. One would only do it if they have something to hide.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar
How obvious does it have to be that this is no longer a nation of people, but of corporations run by fascist dictators with only one "motive"?

If this is the case for both US & UK then why do we as a nation stand by and allow it to continue. Surely (for the US folk at least) this goes against everything the constitution stands for and I know how high you all regard your constitution so why does everyone allow it to happen ?

I have part of answer to my own question which I posted to a friend on facebook when he was talking about car insurance shafting people but it applies to all forms of society where we get shafted.

"Just the tip of the iceberg in the corrupt & two faced so called "free" society we live in today. The problem with the world today is nobody revolts anymore, sure everyone complains but nobody does anything about it as they're all looking for someone to kickstart the revolution but nobody has the balls to do it unfortunately. Plus it's much easier to just sit & moan than actually standing up and doing something about it, we've become lazy and there's too many folk who are figuratively happy to bend over and take it up the arse then moan a little about it afterwards because it's assumed to be the "done" thing in this day & age
"

The real question should be, what was different in peoples mentality and mindsets back in the times of revolutions where they wouldn't put up with half the crap we put up with ? Why did they have balls to stand up and fight against unfairness where we all sit back and do nothing now ?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
The real question should be, what was different in peoples mentality and mindsets back in the times of revolutions where they wouldn't put up with half the crap we put up with ? Why did they have balls to stand up and fight against unfairness where we all sit back and do nothing now ?

In responce to your last question. We do nothing now, because most peoples time is taken up with over mounting debt and taxes, also, we have TV to keep the mind liquefied. Or, is that preoccupied? Your pick.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Is that really an excuse to not make a stand against corruption though ? I get what you're saying and to an extent I do agree with you that modern day entertainment (television mainly) is nothing more than a method to dumb down the populace and distract them from major issues but it's not really an excuse for allowing crap like this to happen.

You mention taxes as well and debt, all this is part and parcel of the corrupt governments we have trying to control the populace and again is something people should stand up against. We get taxed all our lives and we ever get taxed after we're dead (inheritance tax).

And I'm shocked this story has had so little replies, I mean come on it's the ex head of MI5 whistle blowing on the lies both the UK & US government have done, yet people don't seem to care, I guess I had too much faith in people to care about such an issue as important as this and it's sad watching society degrade into the cesspit it's slowly becoming

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

At some point, it is inevitable that critical mass WILL be attained, just as every other contrived-or-not war in human history has taught us.

Thankfully, fear has a shelf-life, as no one can cope within its confines indefinitely.

The only practical and meaningful mission we can fathom right now is to spread awareness and education as far and wide as possible in an effort to reach that magic number of pissed-off-more-than-fearful people that is required to get things done for their less-willing-or-able yet highly valued peers.

EDIT: Even if difficult, balance is inevitable. S&F

[edit on 22-7-2010 by lagnar]

top topics

join