It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadist hit list leads to terrorism charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Jihadist hit list leads to terrorism charges

www.adn.com

A King Salmon husband and wife pleaded guilty in federal court today to lying to the FBI about an assassination list created by the husband to revenge alleged crimes against Muslim civilians.

The domestic terrorism case against would-be jihadist Paul Gene Rockwood Jr., a convert to Islam from Virginia, and his British wife, Nadia Piroska Maria Rockwood, is set to unfold this afternoon before U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

According to charging documents and their plea agreements, Paul Rockwood converted to Islam in Virginia in last 2001 or early 2002. He soon became an adherent of the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, an American born jihadist who met with some of the 9/11 terrorists before they hijacked their planes.

When I see things like this, I can't help but wonder just how many of these "converts" their are around us? Enough of them and it could get very dangerous around here.

When you live in Alaska its hard imagine you would find this in an isolated village with a population under 500. In these villages, everyone knows everything about everyone else. It's hard to be covert in such a place.

I can't imagine what would make a sane person, raised in a free society become a Jihadist under al-Awlaki? I can only assume you have to be half insane to begin with. My bet is he would have become a Monster at some point if this had not presented itself.

When he gets out will he be even worse? I think its likely.

www.adn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Did you know they can lock you up and torture you indefinitely for suspicious?

American constitution has broken, and the American people have been left without any hope, who is gonna save you? Your soldier is all around the world occupying other lands.

But then again, Americans have the most guns in the world, use it. The US government won't nuke you, hopefully, or will they?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Lets not divert this shall we? This is about a confessed Jihadist, who trained via Anwar al-Awlaki. Any attempt to alter this topic will be pretty transparent.

This is a man who assembled an assassination list, not a decent human by any standards. Has nothing to do with what you are trying to divert this with.

While you are here, how do you feel personally about these particular Jihadist's and their plans?

Is the 8 year sentence enough for a man this dangerous? Won't he just resume his activities when let out? The insane don't become sane while in jail. Only an insane person could participate in these activities.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Is the 8 year sentence enough for a man this dangerous? Won't he just resume his activities when let out? The insane don't become sane while in jail. Only an insane person could participate in these activities.

I'm not too worried about when/if he's let out. It's all the rapid hateful jihad BS that he'll be spreading in prison that is a concern.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I'm not trying to divert it, I'm trying to lay the facts..

Unless I see the assasination list, I won't judge this person.

Heck if he planned to kill George W Bush, we would all be happy

How do I feel about such activities?

I feel he could have done it in a different manner, like file charges against those committing supposed crimes against Muslims, but that won't go that far in the US will it?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I had not thought of that but you have a great point.

It would be like a breeding ground. Another argument for separate accommodations for these folks.

I wonder how the UK feels about his Wife?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
I'm not trying to divert it, I'm trying to lay the facts..

Well, the fact are that this couple got caught with a hit list. Pretty simple.

Unless I see the assasination list, I won't judge this person.

If you saw it, you'd probably scream, "Fake!", wouldn't you?

Heck if he planned to kill George W Bush, we would all be happy.

Hmmm...From your other posts in other threads, I take it your Muslim. I guess cheering someone on for something like that is another example of Islam being a religion of peace, huh?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

How do I feel about such activities?

I feel he could have done it in a different manner, like file charges against those committing supposed crimes against Muslims, but that won't go that far in the US will it?

Happy? You think the way to deal with people with whom you don't agree is to kill them? That will lead to Peace?

50 years from now we will still be here. We will dig our way out of this. This is not new and its repeated throughout our history. We are a resilient people.

I agree we need to get out of being the Worlds Police, but we must never accept the idea of turning into a cesspool of radicals like the Middle East has become.

...and yes you are trying to divert the conversation to your agenda. Successfully I might add. My bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I wanna see who is in the list, it is out of curiosity, and I wanna see if Bush is one of them lol.

I mean due to his actions more than a million Iraqis died.

The person is obviously angry, and obviously anger makes blinds your judgement, and makes you choose the violent path rather than a calm, relaxed individual who would choose another, more peaceful path/

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What?

I don't kill people who I disagree with.. zzz

Do you disagree with murderers?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Agreed. It's funny though to see a peace loving muslim condoning the murder of a former President on this board is'nt it?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech

Agreed. It's funny though to see a peace loving muslim condoning the murder of a former President on this board is'nt it?

Ohh I bet if the president's orders allowed the American army to send a missile, or drone to your house and kill your whole family while you are at work, I bet you will also have an assassination list under your sleeve lol.

60 drone hits kill 14 al-Qaeda men, 687 civilians

LOL...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Ooz did not such thing. Ooz merely said he or she would like to see if Bush was on the list.

Things are confusing and ugly enough without intentionally twisting peoples' words, okay?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yeah you betcha. And al Qaeda's numbers 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5-100 are probably on it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You assume a lot. And by the way cartoons don't bother me either. So draw your best Jesus or what ever and I promise i won't kill you

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
To think someone like that would be in Alaska is not a far fetch. The ex goxernor of Alaska didn't like the US either and wanted Alaska to be its own country. That just goes to show that when you feed fanatics you never know where things are going to end up.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
reply to post by oozyism

You assume a lot. And by the way cartoons don't bother me either. So draw your best Jesus or what ever and I promise i won't kill you

So what? Would you carry a hit list with government official names who allowed the drones to operate on your house and kill your whole family?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What?

I don't kill people who I disagree with.. zzz

Do you disagree with murderers?

A quote from you and why I responded that way.

If that is not an endorsement, I don't know what is.

As to that list, I'll look. This just happened and it will be available if its not sensitive. I would not release it were I them. Some Jihadist nut might take it upon themselves to follow through. Lots of insane people surrounding these issues. Why risk the lives of people that sick Psychopaths want to kill?

Here is a link to the charging documents.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

A quote from you and why I responded that way.

I said I will be happy, just like a lot of people would be happy to see Osama bin Laden dead.

I will be happy to see both of them dead.

That doesn't mean I will go and kill them, like that American who was captured in Pakistan, trying to find and kill Osama bin Laden.

During the interview, JTTF agents provided ROCKWOOD a copy of his target list that had been obtained by investigators. In response to investigators' questions, ROCKWOOD knowingly provided materially false statements and explanations about the target list, including denying that he created the list, denying the purpose of the list, and denying ever having such a list of names. In truth and fact, ROCKWOOD selected the names and entities appearing on the list as those he believed should be targeted for assassination and attack, and was, in truth and fact, the creator of the target list.

I read the story, very interesting.

They found his wife, with the target list, then made a copy of the target list, then interviewed him.

So they basically imprisoned a man for 8 years based on circumstantial evidence.

They could have tracked him, and find real evidence to back their accusations.

I stand with my previous point, that you can be tortured, and imprisoned indefinitely based on suspicion, the US constitution has collapsed.

<<   2 >>

join