It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I'm officially BAD!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, for those of you, who are not Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses, or any onther sect, that wants to you to sit and pray with them. You may find this less offensive.

About 10 years ago, I bought a "grey alien" Haloween mask. Its pretty cool. Its got the transparent giant black eyes, the whole bit is pretty convincing. I now keep this mask in the hallway on a hook. When the "I will convert you" Religious minions, show up at my door, I no longer send them away. I invite them inside, put on the mask, Invite them to sit on the couch, and let them tell their story. I say very little, I nod ocassioanally. Not once has any single one of them mentioned the mask. It's a truly fun experiment, and I now look forward to those people showing up.

I know, I'm bad. But if I die without having some fun, I will be truly dissapointed.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have a feeling this thread will die.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If anything this should be in the hoax forum no?

I fail to see how this is a conspiracy or worthy of ATS.

~meathead

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you have let them it, they hit the "jackpot" and they dont care about the mask.As long as they deliver the message (in fact they must be thinking "wow! what a weirdoe")

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SSimon]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I know this post is meant to die. The point is how we deal everyday, with those who want to change and convert us. I'm not looking for an ATS award here, just trying to brighten up the lives of those who understand, for even just a second.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I personally think thats funny as heck.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As a non mormon living in utah, I have often found myself in this same situation. My favorites are answering the door naked and handing the missionaries the xbox controller.

What 18-19 year old boy can resist an xbox controller?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have literally no clue as to why this in the general conspiracies forum, but I must say, I like your style. Another fun one could be answering the door wearing devil horns and a red silk cape. Then invite them inside and make sure they see some lovely pictures of the devil adorning your walls.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Sounds like the same mask I have. I'll have to try that some time. LOL
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I appreciate the humor.

I found out by accident one day that if you just answer the door with a snake wrapped around your neck they don't even want to come in anymore. Mine was on accident though... I promise

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A roommate and I had a much better way of having fun.

Being a spiritual folk but a libertarian, I believe everyone should just leave everyone else alone.

We came up with this, let them in. Before they start the spiel, go into yours. Tell them that the Church of Lucifer is just misunderstood. You will be left alone for now on.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

why is everyone hating on the OP? I think it's funny (should really be in Gray area, but who cares!)

You have given me great idea's dreamwalker74.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Thats funny
you should video that one day, I would love to see there faces.

You know your my hero.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I hate you! Do you know how bad beer burns when you spew it through your nose?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I pulled a similar stunt about 12 years ago in South Africa. I put on a gorilla mask (very real looking) and drove around 1 Saturday morning to see what kind of reactions I got from people.

I did get a little worried on 2 occasions when I drove past cops, but to my dismay (and relief) they had a good laugh. Other people were just plain freaked out.

A buddy and I used to drive around at night with the high beams on, and wearing sunglasses. So when the other cars 'gave it back' to us, we didn't even notice it

Those were crazy days!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Can we not petition the TATSPTB for a humour Forum?

OK that's where I am gong now!

Although FUNNY! very FUNNY!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
lol!!!

i have always loved messing with those guys.

you know who i have found to be worse than the JWs?? recently it has been those dered home security system salesmen... at least the JWs only come on saturdays, these guys show up at all hours on all days.

i finally answered the door with my shotgun and kindly demonstrated my version of home security. oddly enough they have not returned!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
Ok, for those of you, who are not Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses, or any onther sect, that wants to you to sit and pray with them. You may find this less offensive.

About 10 years ago, I bought a "grey alien" Haloween mask. Its pretty cool. Its got the transparent giant black eyes, the whole bit is pretty convincing. I now keep this mask in the hallway on a hook. When the "I will convert you" Religious minions, show up at my door, I no longer send them away. I invite them inside, put on the mask, Invite them to sit on the couch, and let them tell their story. I say very little, I nod ocassioanally. Not once has any single one of them mentioned the mask. It's a truly fun experiment, and I now look forward to those people showing up.

I know, I'm bad. But if I die without having some fun, I will be truly dissapointed.

Well, you answered my question as to who should we send to greet any potential Alien visitors.

I couldn't do it, wouldn't be able to control myself from asking silly questions, such as

Dissected any Cow Bladders lately?
Does that come in Man size as well?
Is there life on Uranus?
Are you Eyeballing me?

Nope, I would not leave a very good impression at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

when ya see them at the door, have the mask on....then see what

kind of reaction you get..

[edit on 7/21/2010 by rangersdad]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
LOL, did you really sit there with your mask on while they gave you their sermon? I can picture that somehow, their expression must have been priceless. Wonder how they talked about it when they left? Gonna look for a mask myself, maybe they could relate to a smiley

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join