It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Man Arrested on Charges He Aided Terror Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Virginia Man Arrested on Charges He Aided Terror Group

www.foxnews.com

The Virginia man who warned on a radical Islamic website that the creators of the cartoon series "South Park" will be targeted for death for their caricature of the Prophet Muhammad has been arrested on charges that he provided material support to the terrorist organization Al-Shabab, federal officials said Wednesday.
Zachary Adam Chesser, aka Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee, admitted to federal agents that he attempted on two occasions to travel to Somalia to join Al-Shabab as a foreign fighter. After he was stopped from boarding a flight from New York to Uganda on July 10, Chesser, 20, allegedly ad
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well as it appears, the DOJ and the DHS is starting to get their acts together and starting to take more of a hard line about terrorist threats at home and around the world.
The real shame of all of this, is that the muslim community will often state things that we may or may not find insulting and or offending, expecting for us to do nothing, yet when something is stated against Islam or the prophet, they take great offense. Many find that the concept of just ignoring such and or possibly just changing the channel something that does not seem to sit well with them. Those living in the US need to take the time to sit back and relax, to understand the freedom of speech works both ways, anything else is against all common sense and decency.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
JESUS!!!!! That kid lives, or I guess used to live right down the street...This area is producing so many psychopaths...this guy, Michael Kennedy, Seung-Hui Cho. Maybe I should move...Bet this is really doing a number on all our Intelligences Agencies around here, I mean, he is essentially a homegrown terrorist that lived just a few miles from the NRO and other government contracted corporations. Its like, what are they doing? Our area has the most government employed corporations and government agencies, many for redundancies and double checking, yet they missed something simple like this guy? I don't feel safe at all.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SubPop79]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SubPop79]

new topics

join