It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibriu believers!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Karma_Chameleon

Hi Karma, well I can help you discover what their beer tasted like. the sacred and healing beers of history written by Stephen Buener is quite popular amongst "in the know brewers" .

Beer made in Sumerian days is best described as Gruits if my memory serves. These were "pre Hopped" fermented beverages made with malted rye which was quite prevelant in the region. Gruits used agents like Bog Rosemary, Yarrow, wormwood etc.. as flavorings as well as to illicit certain psychtropic responses.

hops made its entry so far as we know during the Lutheran Reformation, as Martin Luther felt that the sexual sedative aspect of Hops (herbally) would be imparted resulting in less sexually lavicious behavior and a reduction of Rape and Pillaging during war.

I work as a brewer as my second job(first as an herbalist)and can even direct you to some breweries in the Northwest that make and bottle these splendid beverages

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
reply to post by Karma_Chameleon

Hi Karma, well I can help you discover what their beer tasted like. the sacred and healing beers of history written by Stephen Buener is quite popular amongst "in the know brewers" .

Cool, I'll have to check that book out sometime.

Beer made in Sumerian days is best described as Gruits if my memory serves. These were "pre Hopped" fermented beverages made with malted rye which was quite prevelant in the region. Gruits used agents like Bog Rosemary, Yarrow, wormwood etc.. as flavorings as well as to illicit certain psychtropic responses.

hops made its entry so far as we know during the Lutheran Reformation, as Martin Luther felt that the sexual sedative aspect of Hops (herbally) would be imparted resulting in less sexually lavicious behavior and a reduction of Rape and Pillaging during war.

Sounds like the Sumerians had the beer making down to a science....among other things. I find the above bold portion of your post particularly interesting. Why don't they do this these days? Could it be that they want us to have our priorities all screwed up? It would seem so!

I work as a brewer as my second job(first as an herbalist)and can even direct you to some breweries in the Northwest that make and bottle these splendid beverages

Awesome! I envy you!

Sure, by all means, please do show me the way to these splendid beverages. I always did enjoy trying new things.

-KC

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyb0y

Hi tommyb0y, interesting post!

Do you mean to tell me that this whole Nibriu affair is based on the claims in the above quote? Well that is hilarious!

Whilst there is more to this story than wikipedia suggests, I have often wondered how many UFO cases are based on claims like these.

Hearsay can quickly turn to fact, when there was never any truth to the matter in the first place.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

No, this whole thing is not based on this lady who claims to be a contactee
Its based on Sumerian writings of 10 planets (by the way, just for some info...they knew of all the planets in our solar system before any present findings, like Pluto and some of the planet's moons) their history speaks of the Anunnaki who came here from Nibiru, a planet in our solar system that comes by Earth every 3600 years, and causes lots of calamity. Is it true? we won't know until the time passes
however...given that they knew of Pluto before modern science could see it? makes me just at least a bit keep an open eye. Now to find out that we are not part of the milky way galaxy but a completely different galaxy all together???? with all our technology, science is just finding this out? and given that our suns climax is in 2012......then also given that the Mayans, and the sumerians and the egyptians all had prophecy on 2012...without knowing of one another? just makes me take a second look ... do I fully buy into it? no, but I keep an open mind because I realize that there are always things that we just never fully know about.

The Sumerians knew of 10 planets is false. They thought the world was flat. They knew of NO PLANETS BEYOND THOSE VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE. I'm sorry what Mayan and Egyptian prophecies call for calamity in 2012? The Mayan's have prophecies ranging out to 4772 AD. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots.

I think the bigges problem is some people believe everything they read without putting their own research into it. This 2012 doomsday garbage is easily debunked. Every single aspect of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

No, this whole thing is not based on this lady who claims to be a contactee
Its based on Sumerian writings of 10 planets (by the way, just for some info...they knew of all the planets in our solar system before any present findings, like Pluto and some of the planet's moons)...

The idea that the Sumerians thought there were 10 planets is in question, but lets stipulate for a moment that they did...

...So, if they knew about Pluto and Nibiru, then what about Eris? Eris (discovered in 2005) has its own moon and is larger than Pluto. If Pluto and Nibiru are planets that were counted by the Sumerians as being part of a 10-planet solar system, then Eris would be Planet 11. Also, what about Sedna or Makemake, which are both almost as large as Pluto?

If they were so astronomically advanced, then why didn't they say we had 11 planets (which would include Pluto, Eris, and Nibiru) or even 12 or 13 or more if you count the bodies that are nearly the size of Pluto?

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

actually you need to read any of the earth chronicles series by zecharia sitchin...he'll prove by the evidence left in our solar system like neptunes satelite trtion, uranus being on its side its moons rotating around it the way they do the black rings it has,the asteroid belt that something came in here during the early stages of our solar system and gave it a make over..

i dont believe everythign he says...but anyone capable of open minded thought and has the ability to take in inoformation other then what they believe he makes logical sense! and answers questions scientists cant..

Until the Voyager discoveries, the prevailing scientific view- point considered the Solar System as we see it today as the way it had taken shape soon after its beginning, formed by immutable laws of celestial motion and the force of gravity. There have been oddballs, to be sure—meteorites that come from somewhere and collide with the stable members of the Solar System, pockmarking them with craters, and comets that zoom about in greatly elongated orbits, appearing from some- where and disappearing, it seems, to nowhere.

But these ex- amples of cosmic debris, it has been assumed, go back to the very beginning of the Solar System, some 4.5 billion years ago, and are pieces of planetary matter that failed to be in- corporated into the planets or their moons and rings. A little more baffling has been the asteroid belt, a band of rocks that forms an orbiting chain between Mars and Jupiter.

According to Bode's law, an empirical rule that explains why the planets formed where they did, there should have been a planet, at least twice the size of Earth, between Mars and Jupiter. Is the orbiting debris of the asteroid belt the remains of such a planet? The affirmative answer is plagued by two problems: the total amount of matter in the asteroid belt does not add up to the mass of such a planet, and there is no plausible explanation for what might have caused the breakup of such a hypothetical planet; if a celestial collision—when, with what, and why? The scientists had no answer.

The realization that there had to be one or more major col- lisions that changed the Solar System from its initial form became inescapable after the Uranus flyby in 1986, as Dr. Stone has admitted. That Uranus was lilted on its side was already known from telescopic and other instrumental obser- vations even before the Voyager encounter. But was it formed that way from the very beginning, or did some external force— a forceful collision or encounter with another major celestial body—bring about the tilting?

The answer had to be provided by the closeup examination of the moons of Uranus by Voyager 2. The fact that these moons swirl around the equator of Uranus in its tilted posi- tion—forming, all together, a kind of bull's-eye facing the Sun (Fig. 7)—made scientists wonder whether these moons were there at the time of the tilting event, or whether they formed after the event, perhaps from matter thrown out by the force of the collision that tilted Uranus.

Another discovery that puzzled the scientists was that the rings of Uranus were pitch-black, "blacker than coal dust," presumably composed of "carbon-rich material, a sort of primordial tar scavenged from outer space" (the em- phasis is mine). These dark rings, warped, tilted, and "bi- zarrely elliptical," were quite unlike the symmetrical bracelets of icy particles circling Saturn.

Astronomer Garry Hunt of the Imperial College, London, summed it up in seven words: "Uranus took an almighty bang early on."
But neither in the verbal briefings nor in the long written reports was an attempt made to suggest what the "something" was, where it had come from, and how it happened to collide with, or bang into, Uranus.
For those answers, we will have to go back to the Sumer- ians...

The data collected by Voyager 2 from the actual flyby of Triton supported this theoretical conclusion. It also was in accord with other studies (as by David Stevenson of Caltech) that showed that Triton's internal heat and surface features could be explained only in terms of a collision in which Triton was captured into orbit around Neptune.
"Where did these impacting bodies come from?" rhetori- cally asked Gene Shoemaker, one of NASA's scientists, on the NOVA television program. But the question was left with- out an answer. Unanswered too was the question of whether the cataclysms at Uranus and Neptune were aspects of a single event or were unconnected incidents.
It is not ironic but gratifying to find that the answers to all these puzzles were provided by the ancient Sumerian texts.

if u want the rest here is the link www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I believe "Nibriu" was mentioned in the book "The Book of Enki", which was supposedly translated off of tablets found somewhere...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join