It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is a big crybaby who isn't being censored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Has anyone been listening to Alex Jones the last few days?

He's been constantly whining about Google Trends censoring him. I went to check it out, and it seems he's crying about nothing as usual.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a73346f8b7d7.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9ae7d03e7e3.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96e9938def4b.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e70722af55bd.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75698a4cff7d.png[/atsimg]

Him and his supporters have happily been gaming Google Trends this week, and it seems they have been quite successful. Five #1 positions, and a few other places in their top twenty too.

If I was Google, I would censor him, as he's gaming the system.

Why do people bother with Alex when he plays games like this? Do his supporters not even bother to check out his claims?

If someday he does ever come out with something of value, I'm going to have a hard time taking him seriously due to the "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome.

Go check it out for yourself if you don't believe me.

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What he is trying to show you is that google can and is being gamed...and is gaming its users...so maybe people will look behind the curtain at what google actually is...

Looks like most will miss the point though...
Sadly

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is going to be my last post on any AJ thread including my own, to be frank people are going to believe what they want...

If people cannot see or refuse to acknowledge that he is a fear mongerer and a profiteer, who am I to try to persuade them..?

Most of the people i talk too admit that he woke them up to the fact that there is a bigger picture. But after listening for a while felt tired of being told to expect to wake up every morning in a FEMA camp for months (and in some thicker cases years) on end.

I am not saying there is not an agenda to aquire more control of information or civil liberties..but...

People here bash cnn and fox news and all the other MSM outlets (WITH DUE CAUSE)at liesure, But this man who screams "Martial Law" or "Fema" every week for over a decade gets a free pass..

I dont get it..

Respectfully,

~meathead

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Or maybe, just maybe, he's trying to drive traffic to his site to make money. A lot of people will click things that show up in the 'hot searches' list just to see what they are which will lead them to his site if they click "The Obama Deception", which leads to more page views, which leads to increased income from any ads he has on his site. And of course he's whining about Google. He's always whining about something and the vast majority of the time he's wrong and/or misinterpreting whatever it is he says is 'evidence' of his claims.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
This is going to be my last post on any AJ thread including my own, to be frank people are going to believe what they want...

Hahaha.

I doubt that.

That is to say, you probably aren't close to done posting on AJ threads and your statement that you are is not accurate.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They don't need to censor AJ, he's a raving lunatic.

He censors himself by being so egocentric and sensationalist, most new viewers are left jaded by his words and actions.

Sure the info is great, but the presentation is seriously lacking.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The evangelic church in Brazil takes Alex Jones's films , turns them into propaganda and sell them in volumes.

Funny stuff.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here are a couple more images to go with Jones' claim that searches for Obama are being censored.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d3ce1e82857.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a5bfd4b2d98.png[/atsimg]

Well, I guess on the second one, he does have a point, how dare they make him the #2 result below the official Obama channel! Oh my, his ego must be deflating to the size of a pea with that snub.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
1) Yes - Google search results and trend results can be gamed.

2) Yes - AJ was gaming Google.

3) Yes - they probably did cut the gamed results. And believe it or not, this probably happened completely automatically through Google's search/anti-spam algorithms.

4) No - there is no conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... I think Alex Jones encouraged his supporters to fight back against Google censorship by using the term “Google Spies” in its search engine to get it to the top of the trends section.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjustine
www.youtube.com... I think Alex Jones encouraged his supporters to fight back against Google censorship by using the term “Google Spies” in its search engine to get it to the top of the trends section.

It's not even censorship ...

TRENDS change hourly if not by the minute depending on how many people search for a particular term or watch a video.

So AJ emails his list and tells them all to push a video or search term to the top of the heap ... they do (which is how the gaming happens).

But as soon as thousands of people are done doing this ... it's no longer a trend. Something else is, as thousands of other people search for other things or watch some other videos that some other large websites are talking about.

It's as simple as that.

And his site is big enough that his webmasters know exactly how it works ...

He's invented this whole supposed "conspiracy" against him.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

You're information is seriously lacking. Alex Jones isn't complaining about search results alone - he's complaining about the fact that his #1 video about Obama got DELETED from YouTube/Google Video.

Only AFTER AJ raised a ruckus about this on the air, did YouTube replace the video WITH all the views.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

which is something a user can't do - it has to be done from within google and to do it someone inside has to use a 14 foot long pass word only known to the owner of the channel which is not jones, and who CAN NOT return the film with its views, and google who is the only entity that can return it with its views....hence inside job.

Google is controlling what YOU see on searches if they don't want you to know about something you won't even see it when you search...and what they do want you to see will be right up there on top...

Not to mention they record you and your searches and can model you before you even can....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I agree with the above, even though I agree the AJ is a shill and a mongerer, but a very vocal one at that, which although makes us all tarred with the same brush at times, but he IS getting the message across.

OK so his film was deleted, on purpose, which is not good, so the fight back is to get everyone to trend the word Obama Deception to get it out there even more.

For this I admire his angle of attack.

As Mr. R. Emmanuel Said: Don't let a good crisis go to waste.

And this is EXACTLY what AJ has done. Kudos to him for a change.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
They don't need to censor AJ, he's a raving lunatic.

He is freaking out about cannibalism, of all things, on Infowars today.

Erm...uh...no comment. I mean, I'm all for serious (or even not-so-serious) research and interest in the time-honored human practice of anthropophagy, and I'm more tolerant of Mr. Jones's antics than most ATS denizens, but this strikes even me as a bit out of place.

[edit on 7/22/10 by silent thunder]

top topics

join