It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master of establishment propaganda Glenn Beck to become cyborg posterchild?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The other night I saw the story about Glenn Beck going blind, and couldn't help but ponder if its some transhumanism agenda scheme, considering Beck is a propaganda tool, and grovels at Ray Kurzweil the tranhumanism messiah.

Well sure enough I was digging thru a tranhumanism blog looking for some info on the Singularity Summit and there it is:

Implantable Eye Telescope That Treats AMD Now FDA Approved

A telescopic implant that fits directly into the eye to treat certain kinds of blindness has finally received FDA approval for use in the US after more than five years of waiting. The Implantable Miniature Telescope (IMT) is used to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a condition that affects millions around the world. For many, the center part of their vision becomes blurred or completely dark.
singularityhub.com...

Then about 2 weeks later:

What is Glenn Beck's eye disorder?

Macular dystrophy can be a confusing term, because it’s used broadly and interchangeably with several diseases including macular degeneration, a common cause of blindness for Americans over the age of 60.

For someone at the age of 46, the macular dystrophy Beck referred to could be hereditary forms of retina damage, said Dr. David DiLoreto, assistant professor of ophthalmology at the University of Rochester Medical Center, who is not involved in Beck’s care.
pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com...

So that is interesting timing, especially coming just days after finding out Dick Cheney is now a pulse-less cyborg who has to plug in and charge his exterior heart pump.

Now I'm not claiming to be an expert in eye disease, and look forward to learning more about this from all of you.

I don't know for sure if there's some agenda here, but I know it wouldn't surprise me.

Here's Glenn Beck basically licking Kurzweil's boots:

"Christian" Glenn Beck actually asked Kurzweil if the '2nd Coming' is the Singularity.

part 3 part 4
More: Ray Kurzweil on the Glenn Beck Show

Beck and Kurzweil are both shining examples of pseudo-libertarianism.

I like a great deal of things Glenn Beck says nowadays, but after what he did to Ron Paul he can never be totally forgiven. Also consider how Beck has hijacked the Tea Party movement when it was started by Ron Paul supporters. We had actual tea parties, right around the time his comments in the following video were made:

[edit on 21-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Nice thread.

Often times trans-humanists will promote the attractive aspects of cybernetic technologies, yet they rarely if ever speak about the negative consequences.

These eye implants for instance.

What could possibly go wrong you ask? A lot.

On the minor side of adverse effects, we will probably see severe headaches, burning behind the eyes or around them, etc.

And on severe side, we could witness some major nasty things. Consider if the body rejects the implant? That would be nasty. It could easily end up far worse than you started out as.

I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg, there are so many potential hazards it's not even funny.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I like talk about the singularity. It shows that faith exists not only in religion, but also in science. These people fully believe that consciousness will grow out of machine and we will merge with that technology to become another species to further our evolution. Fascinating! Reading revelation again with an anticipation of robot armies and cyborg technologies coupled with a mandatory adoption of the system or be killed scenario kinda makes me think Terminator was not that far off.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Really guys come on? This is a little reaching dont you think?

And you had to slander him first before you posted it right?

It couldnt be "Fox talk show correspondent Glenn Beck"

It had to be "Master of establishment propaganda"

I love how people will stop at nothing to dehumanize, defame, and discredit people who are becoming a voice against the current administration......

BOOOOOO

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ray Kurzweil can't wait to see robot's that are conscious and humans that are merged with robots. But ultimately he said they would never be able to fully replicate the human experience. I wonder when AI will look at us as inferior. I mean, I love I Robot and terminator, and you can't help to see even something like those movies had some philosophical good points to them.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't personally dislike the "transhumanist" movement. I stood too close to an exploding LAV-25 9 years ago as it took on a RPG, as a by product of this encounter my right leg is 85% synthetic: all synthetic muscle, bones are coated in titanium, knee joint is plastic, and the muscle extends due to the electric static that the mitocondria make along the real existing muscle.

I am a cyborg and yes it sucks, its painful, but I am not in a wheelchair and I can kick with 2200 lbs PSI of force, I already signed up for the penstate trial of a completely robotic leg with all metal artificial muscle; because in a few years the real muscle will have decayed too much to keep the synthetic stuff working.

Point is: It helps people, it has not stolen my soul, and I am still fighting the good fight against the NWO, plus no one is running after me to collect the NOG pieces. Would I prefer the real deal" Of course, but life throws bricks at you, and if this were 30 years earlier I would hate my life right about now.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

Well a mechnical prosthetic is one thing. Mind uploading....now thats totally different. Seeking to create technology which becomes aware....again something different. I dont argue against something such as the case of what helped you. What I argue against is the willingness to adopt a system in which we sign on or forever be booted. What if I dont wanna get with the times? So I get left behind because science says everyone should be doing it? Well I dont care what "your scientist" says. I know which side I'll stand on in the great big fight.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I love how people will stop at nothing to dehumanize, defame, and discredit people who are becoming a voice against the current administration......

BOOOOOO

What?! I'm a bigger 'voice' against the administration... I just don't have anything remotely near the platform he enjoys in the MSM.

It's actually funny yet sickening to hear the likes of him and Rush Limbaugh refer to the rest of the MSM as the "MSM". That term was popularized by Ron Paul supporters during the '08 "election" cycle, mostly referring to how Fox News was doing the biggest hit pieces against him. After the election all the sudden Fox News was no longer the MSM, and they started the Tea Party movement that we did and he was cut out of it.

The other day he was crying for 20 minutes that I heard. boo-hoo he has to have the Secret Service as his personal security detail. Wah!! 'But go to the event. My upcoming Tea Party rally isn't going to be stopped by terrorists'. He even mentioned a couple years ago on his book tour when he first got the SS as is private security: He called Ron Paul and his supporters terrorists, a threat to the military. Some pissed off RP supporters apparently mailed Beck telling him that he's a traitor to the nation, and the punishment for high treason is the death penalty. That scared the bejosephsmith out of him. Oh, he didn't actually mention why he needed security on the bus tour, he merely mentioned the bus tour.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I would disagree with your own understanding of yourself. You are online, the internet is the heart of said "transhumanist" movement, they want everyone to first be jacked in online manually before they supossidly start a wetware project. You are already doing what they want, what they require, how many people can go without the internet? Do you have a phone with the internet? Do you have a car with a computor? Does your car connect to the internet? Do you know if your car connects to the internet? Do you know if something in your house has a computor besides your PC? Do you know if it connects to the internet?

You are a subject of the digital meme: Implicit and Explicit Memory for example

Explicit memory depends on conceptually driven, top-down processing, in which a subject reorganizes the data to store it.

Implicit memory known as priming. This memory is also automatic in operation and it is not accessible to verbal report.

Meme: cultural ideals transferred from one person to the next through imitable concepts.

Human suffer constantly from confusion of memories, that is why we keep books, artwork, movies, music, mold workspace, trinkets, teraform the planet, make statues, in order to keep our cultural events of our lives and lives before us in order.

Because we implicitly know our memories are faulty we automatically generate external memory, such as mnemonic devices; journals, photo albums, video recordings, etc, to keep our personal memory in check and accurate.

Now where do we intrust our memories in this digital world? Online? On a computor? To someone who has digitalizes your memory some how? These transhumanist theories are already, and have for the past 15 years, completely taking over our lives. This was my disertation for one of my Phds; "The Synthetic Genetic Memory" if anyone is interested I might make a thread on it or just keep posting here.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth
I don't personally dislike the "transhumanist" movement. I stood too close to an exploding LAV-25 9 years ago as it took on a RPG, as a by product of this encounter my right leg is 85% synthetic: all synthetic muscle, bones are coated in titanium, knee joint is plastic, and the muscle extends due to the electric static that the mitocondria make along the real existing muscle.

I have absolutely no problems with people getting help they need. But trannys are all about using research meant to help people to put themselves ahead of everyone else. I see it time after time, even with some of the oddest mad science ever, and it offends me even though I'm not a necessary-cyborg.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

You can disagree all you want, but you'd be wrong. No one is forcing anyone to be online. No one is forcing everybody to tune in or else drop out. What I would disagree with you is your understanding of the Transhumanist movement. As with any other type of belief, you have extremists. The transhumanist extremists is what I worry about. The ones that promote their agenda at every chance and opportunity. When they take away your right to not participate in something, then clearly you'll understand what I'm getting at. I have full understanding of myself. The internet is not at the heart. It is only the machine that will help their efforts. Its not what is used, but how its used. Their goal of anti-aging technology and mindloading efforts is actually the "heart" of what they are all about. Again, these are extremists, may be not all of them. I'm sure with any other belief there is no set standard of belief.

I still stand by my original statements.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

The movie Jonny mnemonic and Freejack are as real as you can get these days without the wetware/hardware interface, the internet is the house for all jacked-in-man's memories and experiences. So the mind loading goals are already in effect, websites such as this one log your keystrokes and your "digital" maneurisms to help build your digital persona; in addition to the mnemonic implicit websites like facebook, linkdin, myspace, etc, and you have your perfect replica of you stored on their archives. They just did not have to force you to do it, you did it freely and in excess; so when they do come out with the brain chip to hook you into the current system, there really wont be any difference.

The Anti-Aging side is as age old as human kind, there has not been a civilization, cult, religion, social group, that has not tried to find the fountain of youth, or the garden of edan. It is mans constant drive and ambition to find eternal life, and his constant fear of actually gaining it, that propel civilizations and add cohesiveness to our existance.

The Cyborg agenda has more holes in it than a sewer grate, technology will prevail, and it will provide life extension for the masses in 50-100 years. However it might go through a cyborg phase, it will never end up like the terminator, or screamers. It will end up like it is already starting, replacement of organs and body parts with ORGANIC pieces, built for you for your specific need.

The NWO Anti-Human agenda is what has caused that to falter, with the clone and stemcell banning (not including technologies I work on as a PHD in genetics that get caned daily), they want the poor to die and stay poor, they want the middle class to look like monsters and continue the drift that keeps the non rich far away from their caste. Glenn Beck is a middle class stooge that thinks he has something, but in fact is further away to the "ruling caste" than others in his position, he might become a cyborg but that would only serve to continue the fision when the NWO is gaining positive life by making use of biotechnology.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

You make good points but I would like to add....
There can be no denying, the progression of technology. Whether being here right now using it, is irrelevant. I can coexist with it, and man's ideas so long as it benefits all of mankind. The internet is fine, so long that it remains external to my consciousness. In my eyes, Science/man will always be limited in scope because they will never be able to bisect my personal experience. And why should they? They could never experience what I went through, the joy certain things bring me, or the fear of, so long as this is never breached, then neither is my free will. They may say they be able to, but these are those that trivialize life and call it random. Again I say this "I don't care what Your scientist says" (I don't mean yours, I mean followers of a scientific dictatorship)

I have a theory on all this but I'm not prepared to come out and say what its all about yet. Perhaps look in the future for a thread from me about the coming singularity. Thanks for the perspective.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Are you sure about that!?

new topics

top topics

join