It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Biggest Lies of All Time, Debunked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Today I was reading a lot of ATS posts on all kinds of topics, and through some random (or was it?) twist of events, I recalled the Legends of Alexander the Great.

Now this had little to do with anything relevant if you only look on the surface, but really I was simply trying to show why the Elite rulers cannot possibly control anything and it's all pointless and sad to watch them fail at trying. This is a deep philosophical realization that will change your life when you know it.

Of course when we deal with the History of Antiquity, we are dealing in Legend. Not necessarily in absolute fact by any means. So take this information with your handful of salt and enjoy the ride friends.

I will link you to, and show some quotes from this fine article:
"The Final Three Wishes of Greek King of Macedon – Alexander The Great"

From farectification.wordpress.com...

According to Legend, we can assume Alexander was one of the, if not the, most proficient and wisest military tactician and overall strategist that the world has ever known. Only the likes of Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, etc, would be a possible comparison.

From this article, as you can see, on Alexander's deathbed he supposedly said some incredible things that many people could do well to pay heed to in life. As they are great lessons that debunk the biggest lies we believe in our lives, even today.

“My first wish is to have my physician bring my coffin home alone. After a gasping for air, Alexander continued: “My second wish is scatter the gold, silver, and gems from my treasure-house along the path to the tomb when you ship my coffin to the grave.” After wrapping in a woolen blanket and resting for a while, he said: “My final wish it to put my hands outside the coffin.” People surrounding him all were very curious, but no one dare to ask the reason.

It may sound odd at first, but here is why he wanted this.

Alexander’s most favored general kissed his hand and asked: “My Majesty, We will follow your instruction. But can you tell us why you want us to do it this way?” After taking a deep breath, Alexander said: “I want everyone to understand the three lessons I have learned. To let my physician carry my coffin alone is to let people realize that a physician cannot really cure people’s illness. Especially when they face death, the physicians are powerless. I hope people will learn to treasure their lives.

This is one of the BIGGEST LIES going around today. That medicine will save you. But in reality, everyone dies. We are all mortal. You might prolong life, but you can never evade death in the end. No doctor can even come close to preventing nature.

On to the Next.

My second wish is to tell people not to be like me in pursuing wealth. I spent my whole life pursuing wealth, but I was wasting my time most of the time.

This is also one of the biggest lies people believe in today. Nearly everyone spends unbelievable amounts of the lives devoted purely to the pursuit of wealth, it is absurd and asinine. Only to lose it all in the end anyways. Of course we all gotta pay our bills but when you are doing nothing but work simply to afford things you NEVER have time to play with since your always working, you know theres a problem cmon!

My third wish to let people understand that I came to this world in empty hands and I will leave this world also in empty hands.”

Possessions. You don't really "own" them. You merely have access to them temporarily. When our inevitable death comes, we lose everything we thought we owned, thus pointing out that it is immaterial in the long term.

However many folks have devoted their lives to material possessions, and identify themselves with those objects. This is all an illusion because we believe in a lie. And that is the lie of ownership. You don't own anything.

Rather, it would probably be more prudent to concede that the Universe owns you. This would fit far more accurately.

So to RECAP.

1) Doctors cannot save you in the end.
2) The pursuit of wealth is mostly a pointless waste of time.
3) Ownership is an illusion. You don't own anything. We came here with 'empty hands' and we will leave with them.

So ATS, what do you think?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
And if you care to wonder how I came to posting this thread in the first place, I will say the last thread I was reading and posting in was this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was just kinda going off lol. After I posted in there, I decided to look up the actual legend of Alexander. After digging for a bit, I found that cool article I linked above.

I decided it was of such great quality, and so useful to all of us in our lives today, that it deserved it's own thread.

So that thread was created, and as it debunks 3 great myths of our lives, I put it here under general conspiracies.

Alexander was a General and he debunked 3 big myths that are propagated in our lives through conspiracies of silence and distraction and lies. Therefore it goes in General Conspiraices. Get it?????

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
that's a great story whether or it is is true

did he really say all that when he was dying?

but this sis a great post

thanks! S&F

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I thought one of the biggest lies of all time was:

"The check is in the mail".

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I like it!!

I see kids in poor 3rd world nations living in filth, etc, and yet they are smiling and generally happy.

And yet in the west so many people are unhappy.. mainly with their "lot in life", the lack of wealth that may bring moments of happiness, the lack of meeting their 'Soul Mate', the lack of personal satisfaction at work and home.

If we didn't chase Lifestyle, if we lived simply enough, then we would have the time and inclination to enjoy what we already have instead of always wanting MORE.

Edit because the typing fingers can't spell in the cold weather.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
1. It's true you can't live "forever". Not yet at least.

2&3. I don't know if I'd call it a waste of time. Even if you don't have wealth when all is said and done, you still got to enjoy it for a time. If there is an afterlife, you can take all the potentially good experiences that you had using your wealth with you. If you have offspring, you can set them up with a pretty good life too. That's worth it.

This kind of argument is definitely "defeatist". It's like advocating suicide since life is all for nothing.

If you're advocating this lifestye, I could totally use some wealth. You can't take it with you

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Bravo!!!! my friend once again another tought provoking thread!!
Star and flag,well 2 stars but i forgot to count if two came up lol
I totally agree with you,i was only having a conversation with a Jamacian
guy yesterday, He had moved to Ireland to follow his dreams of nice house and car also a good job, where i was telling him i wish i could just disspear from the rat race of life and live with a nice girl on a island have a few kids and enjoy life with natural smiles on the kids face.
Not a smile because they were happy because id just bought them the latest gadget and a nice sunny garden for a few sativas for me to keep me occupied when not hunting for food. hahaha
Also Muz i agree with you about the pursuit of wealth is a pointless operation and ever since electronics came on line you dont even get anything for your money,just a download and when there old.
It will all be destroyed.
Vert cool imput about Alexander the great,EXELLENT JOB

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I love this thread!
the only thing supporting TPTB is apathy

they are not, Ten Feet Tall and Bullet Proof or they wouldn't need so many secret locations ,and they wouldn't have to lie and hide

if they are ruled by Demons/Aliens or whatever then ThEY have no real power either or They would simply come out in the open and they wouldn't need Human Avatars to do their dirty work

it's stupid and it's our fault things are this way ,we can stop them whenever we want

stop playing their game that's all it takes

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
With all the revolutions going on around the world and the revolutions not yet begun, I felt this thread would be a timely reminder of some simple truths in life.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention OP.

Alexander the Great indeed!

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

join