It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: 750 boats can't find oil

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is about a month old, but explains why skimmers are ineffective against dispersants

The Odyssey of the Dutch Oil Skimmers

After the smoke cleared from the burning Deepwater Horizon oil rig and the fears for the eleven missing workers gave way to grief at the news of their deaths, it was day three of the blowout. That was when the Netherlands made an offer to the United States to use some of the most advanced oil skimming ships in the world. Like Norway, which is prepared to deal with an oil spill in the North Sea at a moment’s notice, the Dutch understood what needed to be done right away: Deploy mechanical systems to recover the oil off the surface, where real skimmers—not passive booms—can do the job quickly and efficiently.

The offer was rebuffed. Declining the Dutch offer was one of the poorest decisions made in a series of BP and government errors.

Compounding the United States’ lack of oil skimmers was the premature and heavy use of dispersants. More than a million gallons of the dispersant Corexit were sprayed by planes on the spill and injected undersea into the source, before the EPA cracked down on the practice.

Using oil dispersants in lieu of and, in some cases, ahead of mechanical means made recovering oil infinitely more difficult. Dispersants sink oil into the water column, making skimmers ineffective.

Since the gusher has not been plugged, and dispersant use was curtailed, the spill once more demands skimmer technology. That’s why President Obama reconsidered the Dutch skimmer offer in early June.

The Corexit has rendered the oil skimmers useless. And yes, if you read the last paragraph in the excerpt it says skimmers are once again needed. The reason for this being that dispersant have not been used in some time. Even if we had stopped spraying dispersants, the effects still last. Skimmers aren't going to get much of anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just saying.. Whoever reads the truth. BP = Ba-Phomet. Baphomet.

Webbot says when lady with scare's comes. Times will change quickly.
Mother earth has scar's- Baphomet is trying to slay her.
(gulf)

don't take it to seriously

[edit on 22-7-2010 by MrOrange82]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by twitchy

That would make perfect sense. BP has obviously been going through extraordinary measures to "sink" the oil. To me, this is definitely criminal intent and I know it's wishful thinking, but I'd like to see some criminal charges brought against BP. Not so much for the spill, as for their actions after the spill.

--airspoon

Not wishful thinking! I would Like to see justica as well for this deception caused by BP applying th e correxit! It seems like we SHOULD be doing that but again this is 2010 and our govt is going to take BPs side and help them with the cover up. No one will care enough to intervene and That is truly sad. I wish I knew what it would take for the American people to get sick of our leaders.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82

(gulf)

HUH?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interfacer

Originally posted by MrOrange82

(gulf)

HUH?

Dont know either.. Just got a flash and posted it.

So yeah. HUH?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
BP admits it 'Photoshopped' official images as oil spill 'cut and paste' row escalates

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Or should i start a new threat with the above link?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
www.weather.com

Roy Lucksinger, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
Jul. 22, 2010 11:34 am ET

A tropical depression has developed near the southern Bahamas. Movement is to the west northwest at 15 mph.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm watching CNN smeems there finding big thick pools of oil as they clean up the gulf perhaps they need below surface oil skimmers

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

The soul that can make money off of the deaths of so many really makes me cry. But if it brings me to more wealth and one step closer to getting one on one with these people, perhaps your advice should be taken.

For me, I honestly have to hear if from the mouth of the devil. Their logic. Their reasoning.

Call me a child, but something inside me tells me that if I can reach that little spec of humanity left in them, I can bring the whole system down.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm no physicist, but I've heard about stuff like phyto-estrogens that spread throughout the environment from such things as crude oil. I've also heard of the term "toxic shock" which might happen soon. What I'm saying is, the destruction from the oil spill might not be a great catastrophe, but would be slow & painful.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
---

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ha wow the oils not on the surface anymore? It's probably being kept under the sea by Corexit. this is completly f**ked dont count on this being covered by the MSM soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm all for conspiracies, and I believe in Government cover ups, but anyone saying this isn't real is a IDIOT. There is WAY to much evidence and WAY to many people affected by this, it is REAL, it is not some "scheme" to "control the world"....stop lying to yourself because you are terrified more of the truth that the ocean could be dead which could lead to our demise.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i'm still wondering where all the republicans-in-sheeps-clothing went who were posting Fox news articles claiming the minor delays to skimmers was the ZOMG!! PROOF that Obama wanted to see the gulf beaches covered in oil.

Come on, guys, that was a major part of your narrative just a few weeks back, remember??

So, now that its obvious the skimmers are essentially USELESS, where are you guys and your faux outrage?

Come on, dont just simper away with your tail between your legs now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join