It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP's and alternate realities.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now usually when we hear the word EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) we think of disembodied voices of people who have died, communicating from the after life.
Now although this might be possible, do you not think that is is also possible that we could be picking up communications from alternate realities/universes ??
I have done many EVP's and not had any responses to questions, but just heard random conversations, and noises going on as if it were people just going about their daily lives. Also in a carpeted apartment I heard what appears to be a woman walking around in heels on a wooden floor, so even the environment that they would be in is different.
what are your views on this ? and does anyone else ever think about this instead of instantly thinking it is a ghost ?

steve.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I appear to be the first to respond to your thread. I fully agree with your analysis. EVP [electronic voice phenomenon] are most likely exactly what you're thinking them to be. Alternative reality, multi-dimensionality physics [spirituality] affecting [infecting] our physical dimension via Quantum Entanglement as well as the usual radionic harmonic resonance impedance encountered normally. Because of EVP researchers like yourself, I am increasingly interested in doing some EVP research myself. I have all the high quality sound analysis software. The only thing I need now is the hand held digital recorder. Even today I was looking at them in the shop window.

For those who are new to EVP the method is as follows. Go some where like a graveyard or where you feel some ghosts might be hanging out together. Old buildings are a good starting place. Switch the recorder on. Ask the ghosts a question. Continue recording for three to five minutes. Turn the recorder off. Play it back to listen for any EVP that you have recorded.

atransc.org...

Recommended reading : THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE by MICHAEL TALBOT publishers Harper Collins 1991. ISBN 0-586-09171-8. Amazon Books

My own theory, based on my reading the above recommended book, is that no matter if the equipment used is DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, nevertheless still the divice is getting EVP traffic, because the device, no matter how once off, and thus unique, the digital codex is always replicated [invisibly] through "multi-dimensionality physics", thus via such "trans-dimensionality", the device will be receiving and transmitting to and from such "trans-dimensionality" in its own unique codex. Admittedly such "interference" is generally subliminal, however using amplification we will always be able to detect it. Ghosts are not completely invisible since they always will have a trace effect on our physical dimension, the same as we have a trace effect on their dimension.

Quantum Entanglement is also possible, but that is an entire subject which takes considerable explanations. Another possibility is what Albert Einstein called "The Folding of the Fabric of Time and Space", which is likely the explanation for Quantum Entanglement.

My Journal
SHIMONO

[edit on 21/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"While it is impossible to prove that all EVPs are due to natural phenomena, skeptics maintain that they are probably due to such things as interference from a nearby CB operator, cross modulation, or ionospheric ducting. Given all the voices being transmitted these days by cell phones, AM and FM radios, TVs, baby monitors, walkie talkies, shortwave transmitters, etc., it isn't strange that unexpected voices should be heard now and then on our electronic equipment. I've picked up CB transmissions on my VCR and my neighbor's voice from her cordless phone on a baby monitor. [/new] Some of the "voices" are most likely people creating meaning out of random noise, a kind of auditory pareidolia or apophenia. And now that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers (thanks in part to the movie "White Noise"), some hoaxers have probably entered the fray. "

www.skepdic.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
"While it is impossible to prove that all EVPs are due to natural phenomena, skeptics maintain that they are probably due to such things as interference from a nearby CB operator, cross modulation, or ionospheric ducting. Given all the voices being transmitted these days by cell phones, AM and FM radios, TVs, baby monitors, walkie talkies, shortwave transmitters, etc., it isn't strange that unexpected voices should be heard now and then on our electronic equipment. I've picked up CB transmissions on my VCR and my neighbor's voice from her cordless phone on a baby monitor. [/new] Some of the "voices" are most likely people creating meaning out of random noise, a kind of auditory pareidolia or apophenia. And now that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers (thanks in part to the movie "White Noise"), some hoaxers have probably entered the fray. "
www.skepdic.com...

Certainly what you say, would be true, if the EVP was being collected using old ANALOGUE EQUIPMENT. However, so as to get that sort of trash out of the way, thus we are now using DIGITAL EQUIPMENT where in there is [in theory] zero chance of the kind of fraudulence you describe. Digital equipment uses potentially infinite in number, various different, complex binary codex, the algorithm for which are such that "analogue interference" is completely impossible. It is specifically, because the systems are now DIGITAL, that I am beginning to take the whole subject of EVP considerably more seriously than ever before. Despite the fact that the equipment being used, is now DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, nevertheless still there are persons who are collecting EVP.

As regard to "hallucination", that is always a possibility. However, it sounds to me like you're simply a novice to the subject ? Have you actually given the subject any serious consideration for any real length of time ? Or are you an obsessive compulsive sceptic ? That in itself is a more serious mental aberration than the "hallucinations" that you describe. I guarantee, that if you approach the subject of EVP [as well as paranormal research in general] with a truly scientific attitude, you will be forced to realise that EVP are a real phenomenon. Sceptics are not representative of the real scientific community. Sceptics and debunkers are simply a classification of politics. Politics and science cannot mix.

Once you set about the task of doing your own EVP research, actually doing the recordings personally, you will encounter the phenomenon personally. Then you will know for certain that it is not a fraud, since you did the recordings personally. This argument applies to other fields of paranormal research and of course science in general too.

My Journal
SHIMONO

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I haven't done any research on the phenomena, but I am a bit curious. Does this mean that ghosts are digital and communicate using whatever proprietary codec that the makers of the digital equipment use?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
I haven't done any research on the phenomena, but I am a bit curious. Does this mean that ghosts are digital and communicate using whatever proprietary codec that the makers of the digital equipment use?

Recommended reading : THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE by MICHAEL TALBOT publishers Harper Collins 1991. ISBN 0-586-09171-8. Amazon Books.

My own theory, based on my reading the above recommended book, is that no matter if the equipment used is DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, nevertheless still the device is getting EVP traffic, because the device, no matter how once off, and thus unique, the digital codex is always replicated [invisibly] through "multi-dimensionality physics", thus via such "trans-dimensionality", the device will be recieving and transmitting to and from such "trans-dimensionality" in its own unique codex. Admittedly such "interference" is generally subliminal, however using amplification we will always be able to detect it. Ghosts are not completely invisible, since they always will have a trace effect on our physical dimension, the same as we have a trace effect on their dimension.

Quantum Entanglement is also possible, but that is an entire subject which takes considerable explanations. Another possibility is what Albert Einstein called "The Folding of the Fabric of Time and Space", which is likely the explanation for Quantum Entanglement.

Ghosts in their own reality are the same as we in our reality. They are you, being a different line of conduct. You are they, being your line of conduct. It is the fact that your conduct is different, that separates you from them. So although the differences are many, thus the separation, nevertheless the similarities exist, thus the harmonic resonance impedance, thus the EVP. They have the same device as you, it using the same codex, even though in the reality as you perceive it, the device you're using might be an once off, unique codex. Read the book that I recommended and you will begin to understand what this EVP phenomenon is. Ghosts exist !

As regard to EVP phenomenon received using ANALOGUE equipment, the harmonic resonance impedance is operational over a much wider swath of the multi-dimensionality environment. For this reason analogue equipment will always give you more EVP traffic, better responses. Which is reason why EVP researchers cling to their old analogue tape recorders. However, for the reason I explained above, using DIGITAL equipment the EVP will still be present. So I personally will be using a digital recorder so as to be more certain that the EVP recorded are genuinely "trans-dimensional" in origin.

Further to what I have written above, as well as else where, the EVP phenomenon should not be looked at in isolation. See it in context. How does it fit in with the UFO and ghosts that make themselves visible to us ? I am personally convinced that the UFO phenomenon is a paranormal manifestation. It is not so far removed from the EVP phenomenon. How might the EVP relate to the events depicted in the movie THE FOURTH KIND ? People literally disappear into thin air ? Do they simply walk into some other parallel dimension ? Security cameras have actually captured the event as it happened. Watch this video from Japan. Obviously it is possible to create such a video fraudulently, however the source for this video is authentic.

Based on the science of multi-dimensionality physics, which I learnt about by reading the recommended book above, I believe that such trans-dimensionality portal open up for us at various moments through out our life. One might walk through a door, that to others perception is a brick wall. We might be speaking to a person that to the perception of others be non-existent. EVP exists in the context of all such manifestations. Reality as you see it might be different, not the same as, the reality as others see it. How can you be sure of your sanity ?

Although to the perception of men, we disappear or die, and are gone for ever, still we shall live for eternity in the Realm of the Angels, where men are no where to be found, for they go to the other world, the Nightmare of Hell, where angels are no where to be found. Our conduct dictates our ultimate destiny, in the infinite, eternal, multi-dimensionality of the Cosmos. Either way the soul lives for ever. It is indestructible. Death has no real effect. Death is non-existant. As much as men kill is the body. It is destroyed, but the soul following a line of conduction, in the multi-dimensionality physics fabric of reality, where in the body was not killed, thus lives on. But to the perception of that man who kills you, you are dead. To him you are now a ghost, and you might think of it, the act of him killing you, as just a bad dream. How can anyone be sure of their sanity ?

My Journal
SHIMONO

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hundredreas0ns
Now usually when we hear the word EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) we think of disembodied voices of people who have died, communicating from the after life.
Now although this might be possible, do you not think that is is also possible that we could be picking up communications from alternate realities/universes ??
I have done many EVP's and not had any responses to questions, but just heard random conversations, and noises going on as if it were people just going about their daily lives. Also in a carpeted apartment I heard what appears to be a woman walking around in heels on a wooden floor, so even the environment that they would be in is different.
what are your views on this ? and does anyone else ever think about this instead of instantly thinking it is a ghost ?

steve.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think it is more likely other dimensions than realities.. and there is a difference... parallel realities is not the same as parallel dimensions! I think in both EVP and shadow beings we have multiple different things happening. That is why answers are always elusive to us.. because we think in black in white and forget all the shades of gray and colors beyond. There are so many more possibilities than we can even begin to conceive of.
edit on 12-7-2018 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

top topics

join