It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Sherrod and Beck, Oh My!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I find this story about Shirley Sherrod gives me some real insight into the mindset of the Obama Administration and who he surrounds himself with.

Here we have a woman who made a great speech promoting better relations between Races and of course she is fired because it is going to be on Glenn Beck. Problem is, Glenn Beck had no intention of covering because she was innocent.

This is a transcript of Shirley Sherrod on CNN from the Beck site.

VOICE: I had at least three calls, telling me the White House wanted me to resign.

VOICE: So the pressure came from the White House.

VOICE: And the last one asked me to pullover to the side of the road and do it and that's exactly what I did.

VOICE: Are you willing to name names?

VOICE: Oh I can tell you that was Cheryl Cook, the deputy undersecretary. She called me and I said "Cheryl, I've got a 3 1/2 hour ride to get into Athens," she called a second time and I said I'm just getting through Atlanta. She called me again and I said I'm at least 45 minutes to an hour from Athens. She said Shirley, they want you to pullover to the side of the road and do it because you're going to be on Glenn Beck tonight.

So she is fired, resigned is government speak for quit now or else, over what turns out to be not even remotely true.

It turns out that not only did Beck have no intention of covering it having read the full speech in context, he in fact lauded her for her speech.

Apparently the White House is becoming so nervous about its reputation and all its dirty laundry being aired, meaning the character of the people Obama surrounded himself with, they fired this poor woman over a lie.

This should be a huge topic here, if people are being genuine and for real that is. These constant missteps in public relations scream how incompetent these people really are. The worst I can recall in my memory spanning from JFK to now.

I'm posting this knowing there are other threads which devolved into nonsense and never actually addressed what happened here.

Now if Obama were for real, she would be immediately reinstated and would get a very public apology. The NAACP would be front and center in apologizing also.

White House Forced Me To Resign

"My point in telling that story is that working with him helped me to see that it wasn't a black and white issue," she said...

...President of the national NAACP, Benjamin Todd Jealous, supported the resignation, saying the organization has a zero-tolerance policy.

"According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race," he said in a statement before Sherrod's explanation.

Notice how the NAACP supports her firing when she makes a speech that would improve racial relations and even lies, pulling a line out of context to destroy her.

Now even Glenn Beck knew that she had actually used it as an example of how she learned how wrong it was to consider Race in her job and actually approved of what she said. But the Administration? They threw her under the bus over a lie.

They do this but when Holder clearly covers up for a genuine Racist Organizatiion, do we see Holder resigning or even a hint he is being chastised? No we do not.

There is no longer any question in my mind. Obama's deep seeded beliefs mirror those of the Blacks Only Church he attended for 20 years, listening to a Reverend who taught them to put Africa and Race, in that order ahead of all other things. A church that preached nothing but hatred for America. His peoples actions over time are telling us a story here and I think it is the scariest story in modern history. A President who's goal is to destroy the system that is the most successful of all systems on Earth and replace it with a State where everyone is dependent completely on Government right down to deciding what we will or will not eat.

If you are not scared about this, you should be.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I almost voted for this man because I thought this would be a good time in history for a Black President and it would be a healing thing that would bring us together.

Thank God his involvement with a Racist church, I already knew about, was revealed in time to stop me.

If people can't see what is really going on her it is because they are blind.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well Blaine, you avoided voting for this hack maybe in time. The rest of our Fellow citizens who either deliberately drank that Kool Aid to wash off the sins of the father or were fully aware of his background but still voted because of "Anyone but Bush" theme song playing in their head are having somewhat of a "buyers remorse" at the moment.

This administration wanted to come off as Zero Tolerance against racism, especially after Mrs. of the POTUS preached to NAACP about the TPM being racists. But like everything this administration does, they do not investigate the entire situation or in the memory of the battle during the HCR debate, they surely don't read the entire bill.

The entire truth was there for everyone to see, as it was available for those before Obama's primary election. But again no one cared to see it or read about it. Just like in this individuals case, the entire tape was in the possession of the NAACP, but they were the first organization to condemn this person and have the White House follow suit by dismissing her from her position.

Maybe she might become the next guest speaker on the Tea Party rallies, her first hand experience with racist organizations and then her admitted reform away from that type of thinking would be welcomed by the TEA parties.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Dont forget Fox News and that hack Breitbart who started the story.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, the paid commenters and sites like The Young Turks are definitely kicking into high gear on this debacle.

They are blaming Beck for the whole thing.

They know EXACTLY what Beck said about this, that she was being thrown under the train, (I wonder why he used that instead of bus?) so that nothing untoward could be thrown at the administration.

Now of course, the WH had NO involvement in the firing is the spin placed on it.

Also, Brietbart specifically was talking about the NAACP when this came out, not Sherrod. He was referencing the responses to the speech by the NAACP crowd.

Notice how that is TOTALLY glossed over.

Watch the video again and try to tell me the crowd are not a bunch of bigots if not racists. Cheering for governmental racism.

Sick. Time to make a choice folk. You see what the government and the sycophants of government have become. Time to make both of them irrelevant.

I said this almost when I started here at ATS. It is time for all of us to just STOP giving the government anymore money. Use black market tactics. Under the table work, etc. Time for us to quit funding this monstrosity we created and starve the beast.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Fox News didn't even report on the story until that night (long after the white house had Sharrod fired), so how exactly are you blaming Fox News? Even MSNBC ran the footage before Fox, showing it on Morning Joe.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

It's one of the dangers of being a Moderate. I don't gravitate automatically toward either side. With issues of governance and fiscal policy, I lean to the Right. On many social issues, I lean to the left. I'm conservatively minded on social issues due to my beliefs in a traditional morality, but I think the government should butt out of those issues.

Reverend Wright was know to me from doing research on Black only churches before I ever heard of Obama. The moment I heard the Reverend Wright mentioned I knew exactly who he was and what his followers believe. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a screen shot of the letter that was on their homepage before they started the cover-up for Obama. I don't think they even consider themselves Americans.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Man I thought you were on a vacay from this site. Good to see you posting again.

And yes, everyone is now trying to put the spin on it. Especially after even Breitbart is even documented on CNN with John King as saying this was not about Sherrod but those in the audience who applauded & cheered for racism.

And I believe Sherrod consistently voiced the WH and NAACP as the judges of her fate & never wanted to hear her full story, even though NAACP had the entire tape.

Obama Zero Tolerance and NAACP stance on Racism = FAIL

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Please, spare me. Fox news is the devil incarnate, if you don’t know that then what country are you from.

And dont know their history of slander and lies by ALL their hacks.

I agree though that Obama is turning out to be the clown and con man I thought he was.

But compared to the nativistic, racist Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, tea party republicans, he’s Abe Lincoln!

I am afraid the lesser of two evils is reality!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by Hudson

But compared to the nativistic, racist Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, tea party republicans, he’s Abe Lincoln!

Those are the same organizations and individuals that warned against Obama and his cronies before the elections.

Where have you been, In a cave?

BTW, Abe was not a Democrat/Liberal so that association is like murdering him twice.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Hudson

Please, spare me. Fox news is the devil incarnate, if you don’t know that then what country are you from.

And dont know their history of slander and lies by ALL their hacks.

I agree though that Obama is turning out to be the clown and con man I thought he was.

I am afraid the lesser of two evils is reality!

You're just spouting talking points from the MSNBC. You haven't yet explained how this is Fox's fault in any way. The fact remains that Fox, nor Beck showed the footage that day. Only O'reilly did and it was long after the firring.

Fox isn't a great source of news, but if you think the rest of the MSM has your best interests at heart, you are sorely mistaken. Just look at the coverage today. Just when you thought they couldn't get any more hypocritical.... The media REGULARLY spins and edits footage of Republicans/conservatives/tea parties and uses it to attack them. Where is the outrage when they air footage of a Nazi at a tea party, but cut out the part where the tea party people chase him out? How about when the entire MSM was reporting completely made up quotes about Limbaugh, so he couldn't buy a football team? Nobody seemed to care much about that.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

ATS has become my crack.

I tried quitting coming here and partaking but it is a DRUG.

I have been working a lot more lately under the table. Funny how the black markets are exploding! Also, my computer power supply bit the dust. I just got done building another computer from parts my brother had laying around and installing most of the software. Just taking a couple days to catch up on the political info.

I do not think I am going to write anymore threads though. That takes too much time. I have finished my Sun Tzu book but have not decided what to do with it yet.

Thanks for the welcome back.

Yep, the spin meisters are out in force to blame EVERYONE but those actually responsible for this debacle.

One thing though, I do not give Sherrod a free pass. So she was giving a recitation of her walk through her own racism and that is fine and dandy, so she went from a racist to a marxist. Hell, I will take the racist over the Marxist anyday, at least the racists are obvious and can be dealt with. Now, the Marxists hide in plain site and are like ticks.

Later.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I almost voted for this man because I thought this would be a good time in history for a Black President and it would be a healing thing that would bring us together.

Man. I almost wore a purple tie today because I thought it would brighten up the cubicle.

Really, you vote for the nations leaders with supporting rationale like "a good time for a black president"?

Maximum face palm.

How many other voters from whom the parameters of my one and only life are dictated vote with such insightful motivation?

And folks wonder why I want to wish my fellow man to the cornfield.

None of it's serious, is it? The senators, the representatives, every law in every book, each time a bomb is dropped or a father shot by some cop looking for leaves or a home taken by the IRS it's all just some cartoon caricature of reality, isnt it? How can any of it have any value if it has all been put in place by notions such as "good time for a black president"?

I'm trapped in bizarro world. A bizarro world where people are murdered for absolutely no reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You are right. They did do that at first, but quickly corrected it as they seem to always do when wrong. They cleaned it up and this Beck fellow never considered it.

I watch a variety of news programs from both points of view. The difference between the news on the Broadcast Networks and FoxNews is quite striking in fact. The political bias is obvious. It's almost as if Obama is telling them what to report often.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Is that really so odd? I'll send you an ice pack for your noggin.

You see, I'm a genuine Moderate and Independent who does not subscribe to any political party.

The fact I knew about Wright before I knew about Obama should give me some cover on the fact I care about more than just my conservative slant on the world. On social issues I'm quite different than I am on issues of government and fiscal policies. I do think I represent more of the peoples thoughts in this country than the ideologues from either the Left or Right.

I find the truth lies in the middle to be a true statement. The danger lies in the fringes on both sides.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You are right. They did do that at first, but quickly corrected it as they seem to always do when wrong. They cleaned it up and this Beck fellow never considered it.

No, he isn't. Fox didn't show the footage until that evening. By that time, all the networks had showed the video and it had no bearing on Sharrod's job.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Ive got to say here, this President and those he surrounds himself with scare me. Other Administrations in my life have made me angry, even made steam exit my ears, but this guy scares me.

I keep looking at these people he picked and the more I did the worse it gets. This Hope and Change crowd are proving to be Divide and Segregate and it seems to be a patent goal for them to tear us apart.

I think their goal is to demolish this system and replace it with another. I think that much is obvious along with the fact they seem to have control of much of the media.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I'm sorry, but I watched it. Don't worry, I'm not an anti-Fox nut. I was working at home with it going in the background when it first broke and they got it wrong. Later of course they cleaned it up as they should. I respect them for that.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Blaine91555

That cometely misses my point. I don't care about peoples wings or their particular bents.

Where along the completely useless left/right line does "because it'd be nice to have a black one" fall? Is that "moderate" or just clueless?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I watched it. Don't worry, I'm not an anti-Fox nut.

You're mistaken. Post a clip or something. MSNBC showed the clip around 7am EST on morning Joe. I didn't see it on Fox until 8PM EST.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join