It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cut Social Security? Are the Democrats Crazy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wrong post...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by Champagne
reply to post by prionace glauca

Understand all that. But my mom has been paying into this since the 1940's and deserves to get her -Snip- $$ back!! As far as I go?? I must quote from another post....

I'm gonna try to make this as simple as I can.

When the middle and lower class workers in this country can only afford bills and food because of the stagnant wages not keeping up with economic growth, they CAN'T buy stuff.

This is me at the moment and I do not see it getting any better any time soon.....they have got alot of us in a position that we cannot afford healthcare let alone retirement!!!!

PROFANITY
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Wow, that's a 1st!

Never seen a mod get a mod edit before.

Did you do it yourself?

Edit to add: Maybe you should give yourself a warn while you're at it.

[edit on 7/21/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You get the quick fingers award...

I hit quote instead of edit and the result was that which you have quoted for all to see...lol.

Let's please get this thread back on track though...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
To anyone who really thinks Social Security and Medicare is going to be around at all ten years from now, think again.

Soon, within the next year or two I will all but guarantee the minimum age will be raised by several years, probably to 70, but this only buys a little time.

The sad fact of the matter is the country simply cannot afford the SS, Medicare, and Medicaid obligations period. It takes almost the total elimination of these programs to balance the budget, and we will soon have no choice but to balance it like it or not.

Nothing short of massive population reduction will allow them to be given out as promised. It is simply impossible for economy to grow fast enough to meet them.

Yes people will be very angry about this, and it may cause all kinds of problems - but it is unavoidable.

Everyone should prepare accordingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join